Author Topic: NeverTrump Nitwits Should Just Go Away  (Read 3405 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: NeverTrump Nitwits Should Just Go Away
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2019, 05:28:28 pm »
Trump did not salvage Iraq but the military under Trump somewhat has. Stating it more precise.

Terrorism is a very real problem in this world. Something that can't be dealt with, with kid gloves.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2019, 05:32:44 pm »
@Bigun
The very same as the principles of Conservatism.

OK! @roamer_1 Now tell me specifically what you believe those to be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2019, 05:41:46 pm »
Never Trump Nitwits:

Bill Weld
Fake Deason (aka Sinkspur)
Justin Amash
Cripplecreek
BillKristol
GeronL
MarkSanford
Onceler
John Kasich
Invar
Joe Walsh

Association by nitwittery
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2019, 05:42:55 pm »
All the more reason you shouldn't have taken offense at this article.

Interesting take on things.

People who adore Trump call people like me names ALL the time (just like the left has ALWAYS done - they are peas in a pod) because I do not support him.

Accuracy is not important to people like them, OR to the person who wrote the article.

And I ALWAYS "take offense" at mindless name-calling.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2019, 05:45:55 pm »
Ok, I have to ask.   
What are you hoping to accomplish by posting (writing, publishing) stuff like this?   
Are you hoping to further alienate those that plan to not support and/or vote for Trump ...thus making yourselves look just as dumb as the radical left intolerant anti-Trumper Democrats?   Or....is it your intention to piss off folks that are still on the fence and undecided?   Really?   Because... the way I see it...
this crap is totally, truly, stupidly antithetical to what we should be doing... which is attempting to win the hearts and minds of EVERY voter for the upcoming election.  Just.....sayin.....
----------------------------
Reflective, to your credit!
We have become increasingly angry and agitated which all
portals of the media, including the internet, reflect. But why?
Because the media want our attention in order to peddle their
crap and they obtain it by making noise, the louder the better;
the effect being to further coarsen our culture.
Consider the attitudes, behaviors and sentiments that currently
appear in our daily lives, constantly broadcast by the media.
In what other place and time, beginning w/Eden, were such
behaviors and sentiments tolerated???

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2019, 05:47:37 pm »
Interesting take on things.

People who adore Trump call people like me names ALL the time (just like the left has ALWAYS done - they are peas in a pod) because I do not support him.

Accuracy is not important to people like them, OR to the person who wrote the article.

And I ALWAYS "take offense" at mindless name-calling.

Something I've always wondered:  Is it possible to support a President without "adoring" him?  I maintain it is.  Is it possible to not support a President without "hating" him?  Same.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2019, 05:50:35 pm »
I appreciate it when rational Trump supporters like you and others on this board understand what the most ardent Trump fans are doing when they write garbage like this.  I have said from the beginning that the emotionally out of control supporters of Trump have behaved very, very much like the emotionally out of control fans of Obama.
@musiclady
You've isolated a syndrome that didn't quite begin with the kind of Obama supporter you describe and won't end, really, with the kind of Trump supporter you describe. It didn't even begin with the Clintons.

The longer and deeper too much of the country remains in thrall to a) statism; and, b) the concept of the presidency as the be-all/end-all of the State, and the concurrent concept that there is and can never again be the separation of powers intended at the founding of our country, including that when a president says "Jump" the rest of the government and the people have no choice but to ask how high, the longer and deeper we will contend with those who support one or another president with the lack of emotional (and intellectual) control that enables them to say you cannot "just" be wrong (in their opinion) when you demur from The Master but must obviously be deranged, depraved, and decadent.

And, obviously as well, you can only be an enabler, water carrier, or downright foot soldier for the opposition to dare demur from The Master---whether The Master was Bill Clinton (and, I repeat, the syndrome didn't even begin with him), George W. Bush, Barack Obama, or Donald Trump; whether The Master's ignorance, eluding, or downright flouting of the Constitution over particular matters (it remains to laugh that you might not weep when a particular such Master stands foursquare for the Constitution when it just so happens to dovetail with such a Master's inclination of the hour, but shrugs if not flagrantly misinterprets the Constitution when it doesn't) is simply too obvious to laugh away.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2019, 05:52:12 pm »
Something I've always wondered:  Is it possible to support a President without "adoring" him?  I maintain it is.  Is it possible to not support a President without "hating" him?  Same.

I do not hate Trump nor do I love him. He is not the Pope or a priest and I never expected him to be either.  I've yet to vote for him but for so long as he continues to push things in my general direction I WILL support him. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »

Of course.  It is, and always has been.  There are many people on this board who (partly) support Trump and do not even come close to adoring him. (Others do).

And I don't know a single Conservative who opposes Trump who does so because of hatred....... or being a "nitwit" for that matter.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »
@musiclady
You've isolated a syndrome that didn't quite begin with the kind of Obama supporter you describe and won't end, really, with the kind of Trump supporter you describe. It didn't even begin with the Clintons.

The longer and deeper too much of the country remains in thrall to a) statism; and, b) the concept of the presidency as the be-all/end-all of the State, and the concurrent concept that there is and can never again be the separation of powers intended at the founding of our country, including that when a president says "Jump" the rest of the government and the people have no choice but to ask how high, the longer and deeper we will contend with those who support one or another president with the lack of emotional (and intellectual) control that enables them to say you cannot "just" be wrong (in their opinion) when you demur from The Master but must obviously be deranged, depraved, and decadent.

And, obviously as well, you can only be an enabler, water carrier, or downright foot soldier for the opposition to dare demur from The Master---whether The Master was Bill Clinton (and, I repeat, the syndrome didn't even begin with him), George W. Bush, Barack Obama, or Donald Trump; whether The Master's ignorance, eluding, or downright flouting of the Constitution over particular matters (it remains to laugh that you might not weep when a particular such Master stands foursquare for the Constitution when it just so happens to dovetail with such a Master's inclination of the hour, but shrugs if not flagrantly misinterprets the Constitution when it doesn't) is simply too obvious to laugh away.

I suppose it is in our nature.... or at least a lot of us....... to want to follow someone whom we think will do the things we feel are important.

I just watched the movie "Miracle" about the 1980 Olympic hockey victory over the USSR.  The movie catalogs the "malaise" we were all feeling at the end of the 1970's and how dismal things really were, and for many of us Reagan was kind of a super hero.   I can see the same instinct I had in my much younger days, to put too much faith in a human being, and to not be aware enough of the fact that in America, the people are the boss and any President is our employee, and cannot do anything outside the boundaries of the Constitution even if we "like" what he is doing.

I think I've learned much since those days, and have been disappointed in every Republican President since then because they all have feet of clay.

Your points are all good, @EasyAce .   But I do think that the Obama fever and the Trump fever are beyond what we have seen in our lifetime (other than with JFK, perhaps).   The deification of a politician is dangerous, no matter who it is.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:12:59 pm by musiclady »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2019, 06:05:01 pm »
And once again........... standing for the Constitution, moral law, and respectful behavior, is not a single thing like "fussing with the radio."

The car is still speeding off the cliff.  It's just that "our guy" is in the driver's seat now.
@musiclady
I think of all those now who've said, either outright or by implication, that there come times when the Big Picture and the Desperately Needed Result overrules the Constitution when the desired results come forth.

And when I do, I think of Moses.

I think of Moses and his parched Israelites especially anxious for water. I think of God instructing Moses to speak to a particular rock to bring water forth. I think of Moses fed up enough with the clamoring that he struck the rock. I think of the result coming forth anyway. I think of God reminding Moses He instructed him to speak to the rock for water, and that belting it one wasn't what God told him to do. And I think of God thus telling Moses you can lead the people to the mountain but you're not going to step foot into the Promised Land itself. And, proving He meant business, He was merciful enough to lead Moses to the mountaintop to at least show him the land his disobedience with the rock and the water barred him from entering himself.

And I think that if not even Moses could reject for a single, fateful moment Supreme Authority and get away with it, there's something particularly arrogant and dangerous about a considerable group of American leaders who don't begin or end with particular presidents or Congresses or courts but who think they can get away with belting the Supreme Law of the Land one instead of speaking to it, when it comes to the almighty results. The incumbent in today's White House isn't the first to belt the Constitution one, merely the least knowledgeable and apologetic of the breed so far.

We've seen far too often what happens when the desired results divorced from the constitutional prescription get crashed by the laws of unintended consequences. We ought to pay a little less attention to our designated lords and saviours in Washington or assorted state capitals, whomever they may be, and a little more attention to Moses.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:12:13 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2019, 06:05:49 pm »
Of course.  It is, and always has been.  There are many people on this board who (partly) support Trump and do not even come close to adoring him. (Others do).

And I don't know a single Conservative who opposes Trump who does so because of hatred....... or being a "nitwit" for that matter.....

Well, who the article is aimed at are people like Max Boot, George Will and Steve Schmidt:
Max Boot said, “Donald Trump is the worst person ever to be president.” George Will called Trump, “A sad, embarrassing wreck of a man.” Steve Schmidt, who ran McCain’s losing presidential campaign said, “I left the Republican Party. Now I want Democrats to take over.”

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/09/nevertrump_nitwits_should_just_go_away.html#ixzz5yftRRrrp
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Yes, some of this nitwit talk in my view; and even more, Max Boot is conservative only in issues like going to war in other places and I don't mean Iraq necessarily, some of these people might have us fighting in Ukraine or who knows where. Yet, I don't Max Boot will also say he's not a "social conservative", meaning social issues.

I find things like what Boot and Steve Schmidt (ran McCain's 2008 campaign) not helpful.

So, this is whom this is aimed at.

So say George Will and these types aren't real conservatives, these types are whom the article is aimed at.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:06:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2019, 06:08:12 pm »
Your points are all good, @EasyAce .   But I do think that the Obama fever and the Trump fever are beyond what we have seen in our lifetime (other than with JFK, perhaps).   The deification of a politician is dangerous, no matter who it is.
@musiclady
It also happened with FDR. And the record is legion when it comes to pondering what often became of those who demurred from the New Deal. Even those who thought the New Deal didn't go far enough.

And it didn't even begin with him. He had a distant relative, well before his presidency, who behaved as often as not as though the presidency was the next best thing to a deified national fatherhood.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2019, 06:08:25 pm »

Exactly.  Now, may this be the laying of the cornerstone of the mended bridge we will need in the times ahead?  (Apologies for the poor metaphor.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2019, 06:13:28 pm »
L O L !!!   

Deny, deny, deny.   It doesn't work any better for you than it does for a cheating spouse, hon.   

What a total waste of bandwidth any discussion with you has become. 

Sad.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2019, 06:18:41 pm »
Exactly.  Now, may this be the laying of the cornerstone of the mended bridge we will need in the times ahead?  (Apologies for the poor metaphor.)

Well, I was criticized above for "taking offense" at NT's being called nitwits, so let me return the favor.

If one doesn't "adore" Trump, then one shouldn't be offended that the truth is stated that many, many people DO adore him and look at him as some sort of Messiah.

If those of you who like some of the things he's doing and generally support him refuse to recognize that the mindless adulation he gets is dangerous to the Republic, then we will never right the sinking ship.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2019, 06:21:22 pm »
Well, I was criticized above for "taking offense" at NT's being called nitwits, so let me return the favor.

If one doesn't "adore" Trump, then one shouldn't be offended that the truth is stated that many, many people DO adore him and look at him as some sort of Messiah.

If those of you who like some of the things he's doing and generally support him refuse to recognize that the mindless adulation he gets is dangerous to the Republic, then we will never right the sinking ship.

I think that anybody who deifies a politician (one of the lowest form of humans, right above "Lawyers") is beyond foolish.  JMHO.  And keep up the good fight!
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2019, 06:22:58 pm »
@EdJames

(This was the best ballpark birthday cake I could find!)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2019, 06:27:54 pm »
@EdJames

Nice!  I've been there and have the tee-shirt to prove it.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2019, 06:29:18 pm »
What a total waste of bandwidth any discussion with you has become. 

Sad.

Well... since you are already an artiste and expert at wasting bandwidth (ask anybody) here...

I don't know what to tell ya.  Try harder?  Take a self-improvement course?  Accept advice you are given?  nah
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2019, 06:32:39 pm »
 :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2019, 06:37:17 pm »
Nice!  I've been there and have the tee-shirt to prove it.

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2019, 06:46:40 pm »
@EdJames

I'll have a nice slice of the Big Green Monster, please!
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2019, 07:10:01 pm »
I'll have a nice slice of the Big Green Monster, please!

Yum!!!! Green frosting!!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2019, 07:17:46 pm »
That's some gratitude, actually, this was my b-day present to you.

@EdJames

Thanks @TomSea it is going to be a whale of time later!!