Author Topic: Trump Doctored Hurricane Dorian Map to Back False Claim That Alabama Was in Its Path  (Read 12142 times)

Offline OfTheCross

President Trump on Wednesday displayed a map that he said reflected Hurricane Dorian's original path, but the image appeared to be manually altered with a marker to show the storm's trajectory continuing toward Alabama.

Trump later told reporters that he did not know anything about the changed map, but was adamant that original forecasts called for Alabama to be impacted by the hurricane.

Trump tweeted Sunday that Alabama could be among the states affected by Dorian. But the National Weather Service in Birmingham tweeted a short time later that was not the case, and that the hurricane system would remain too far east.

more

A friend of mine shared this news with my on Instagram and I thought it was a joke...he insisted it was real and I had to google it to make sure.

Lol. It's still funny. I just can't believe The White House would go through the trouble of using a Sharpie on an official map to avoid being wrong.

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline skeeter

Wow.

Keep an eye on this scoop for us, ‘kay?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wow.

Keep an eye on this scoop for us, ‘kay?

:beer:  :laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep. That Trump guy is a real Dick Dastardly. Who knows what he may do next!

Please! Keep on this story to give us the latest updates.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll breathlessly await further information.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I think that this was the one he actually used....

Offline OfTheCross

Yep. That Trump guy is a real Dick Dastardly. Who knows what he may do next!

Please! Keep on this story to give us the latest updates.

He really is a cartoon character at times  :rolling:

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
New member.
The administration of this website is asking if you have signed the Terms and Conditions.
Please click and follow the instructions.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
New member.
The administration of this website is asking if you have signed the Terms and Conditions.
Please click and follow the instructions.

Indeed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moving to : "Scandal Watch"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Here is a clearer picture of the original NOAA/NWS map:

It clearly shows that the predicted path would cross Florida, which didn't happen, and that if Dorian didn't magically disappear, it obviously would hit the Florida Panhandle and Alabama. Note the date, which is readable in this picture. Obviously, also from the map, Dorian took a hard right turn at Albuhkoikee and its eye didn't even hit Florida (though I'm sure there was plenty of wind and rain).

All in all, this is a micro-tempest in search of a nice roomy doll house teapot.

Good call, @Ginger. 888high58888
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sunny Hostin (The View) suggests Trump could be charged with felony for claim on Hurricane Dorian's path

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sunny-hostin-trump-felony-hurricane-dorian

Rightfully, they had a little fun with this act of stupidity.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He would probably have been OK if he just said, "Look, I don't want any State to fall through the FEMA Preparation cracks.  I included Alabama in an abundance of caution."

Making a stink over a weather map is just the latest in a long series of silly attacks. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He would probably have been OK if he just said, "Look, I don't want any State to fall through the FEMA Preparation cracks.  I included Alabama in an abundance of caution."

Making a stink over a weather map is just the latest in a long series of silly attacks.

Yes it is!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Here is a clearer picture of the original NOAA/NWS map:

It clearly shows that the predicted path would cross Florida, which didn't happen, and that if Dorian didn't magically disappear, it obviously would hit the Florida Panhandle and Alabama. Note the date, which is readable in this picture. Obviously, also from the map, Dorian took a hard right turn at Albuhkoikee and its eye didn't even hit Florida (though I'm sure there was plenty of wind and rain).

All in all, this is a micro-tempest in search of a nice roomy doll house teapot.

Good call, @Ginger. 888high58888

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

This OP is reassuring. It’s definitive proof that Trump has so enraged the Left that it broke their brains. They are actually hoping that cone-gate will rouse Trump voters to anger and have them running to vote for the democrats.

Well, if anyone were sitting on the fence about Trump, this effort to use a weather map as proof he’s unfit to lead should certainly have them running...to vote for Trump/Pence 2020.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Indeed.
New member replenishes the Usual Suspect's ranks, since several have departed for reasons unknowwn.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Oh good grief.  Sick of hearing about this.  At the end of the day, what does it really matter??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
New member replenishes the Usual Suspect's ranks, since several have departed for reasons unknowwn.

That's "New," as in not a retread.  But I get the point.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Right_in_Virginia

As far as I know, Alabama was never considered to be in Dorian's path.  What I suspect happened is that Trump meant to say "Georgia" since Georgia was indicated early on as possibly in Dorian's path.  But rather than admit he made a mistake, Trump, or someone else on his behalf, altered the official weather map.

Guess again, Sparky.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Guess again, Sparky.

@Right_in_Virginia This story is off-the-wall ridiculous.  MSN material.  I wonder why it was even posted?  I guess we do get a look at the latest batch of extreme bias, so there's that. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Obvious if you didn't look at the multitude of models that showed it turning north.  But if you just guessed with no real knowledge, you might guess Alabama.

Did you notice that the source of that map was NOAA and the National Weather Service?

Did you notice that while one edge of the Day 4-5 possibility cone did bend somewhat northward toward South Carolina, the other edge had Dorian possibly going into the Gulf of Mexico?

Did you notice that the NOAA/NWS map did not include in its possibility cone what Dorian actually did, turn NE away from the US entirely?

If you want to call what someone drew on Trump's map a "guess" it was based on the map provided by NOAA and the NWS, not "no real knowledge".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Did you notice that the source of that map was NOAA and the National Weather Service?

Did you notice that while one edge of the Day 4-5 possibility cone did bend somewhat northward toward South Carolina, the other edge had Dorian possibly going into the Gulf of Mexico?

Did you notice that the NOAA/NWS map did not include in its possibility cone what Dorian actually did, turn NE away from the US entirely?

If you want to call what someone drew on Trump's map a "guess" it was based on the map provided by NOAA and the NWS, not "no real knowledge".

Absolutely right @PeteS in CA . My memory is bad these days but not so bad that I can't recall that forcast.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien