Author Topic: WOTUS Found To 'Violate The Law'  (Read 1160 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WOTUS Found To 'Violate The Law'
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:28:17 pm »
Water Online by Peter Chawaga 8/27/2019

More than four years since it was first put in place, a group of 10 states has won a legal victory against the U.S. EPA’s 2015 Waters of the United States rule. The rule was put into place as a layer of the Clean Water Act meant to clarify water resource management under the Obama administration, but it has long been contested, with the Trump administration announcing its intent to revise or rescind it in 2017.

Now, a recent court ruling in a lawsuit brought by the states has emboldened that effort.

“A federal judge gave the Trump administration a narrow, symbolic victory on the issue of water jurisdiction, finding that its predecessor’s signature water policy violated the law,” Bloomberg Environment reported. “Judge Lisa Godbey Wood’s Aug. 21 opinion found that the Obama administration’s Waters of the United States rule, also known as WOTUS, was in violation of both the Clean Water Act and the federal law that governs how agencies can make new policies.”

More: https://www.wateronline.com/doc/wotus-found-to-violate-the-law-0001

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: WOTUS Found To 'Violate The Law'
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 09:47:44 pm »
"I have a phone and I have a pen." And it took 4 years to strike down this bit of Obama's tyranny, 4 years of oppression and uncertainty for those tyrannized.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:32:59 am »
"I have a phone and I have a pen." And it took 4 years to strike down this bit of Obama's tyranny, 4 years of oppression and uncertainty for those tyrannized.

Obastard's tyrannical EOs (plural) punishing BP and other companies for the oil spill in the Gulf was never fully overturned.  It was at first, but Obastard simply wrote another EO with the same language, telling the Judge to cram it.  Trump's EOs haven't had nearly as much stench as Obastard's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 05:16:24 am »
Obastard's tyrannical EOs (plural) punishing BP and other companies for the oil spill in the Gulf was never fully overturned.  It was at first, but Obastard simply wrote another EO with the same language, telling the Judge to cram it.  Trump's EOs haven't had nearly as much stench as Obastard's.
Some of those have undone some of the damage done by Obama, as much as it can be. Pipelines have been completed, and in some cases started after a decade of stonewalling by the Feds, the courts, and the same environmental organizations that protested train transport, trucks, and hydraulic fracturing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:06:33 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 08:06:16 pm »
An update on this. @verga

Trump Admin To Undo ‘Oppressive’ Obama-Era Water Regulation

The Trump administration is officially rolling back an Obama-era environmental rule that threatened farmers and other landowners with significant fines or jail time if they failed to comply with onerous regulations on waterways.

The Clean Water Rule, more commonly referred to as the “Waters of the US” rule or WOTUS, was finalized by the Obama administration in 2015. The rule attempted to clarify which waters were subject to the regulations of the Clean Water Act, but in many cases ended up confusing land owners even further.

For example, WOTUS is supposed to contain agricultural exemptions for farmers. But the federal government sued John Duarte for $2.8 million for plowing his field without a permit because he resided on seasonal wetlands.
The official told the Daily Caller, “Today, the Trump Administration announced its repeal of President Obama’s oppressive WOTUS regulation. For years, this rule has been used by government agencies to punish farmers and private land owners with out-of-control fines and imprisonment for simply working to protect or better their property. This is another promise kept for our farmers and ranchers as President Trump continues to remove crushing regulations from the American people.”
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 08:22:05 pm »
An update on this. @verga

Trump Admin To Undo ‘Oppressive’ Obama-Era Water Regulation
This is an excellent move. Considering that the Obamites could declare a mud hole in your driveway an 'intermittent wetland' and imprison you for filling it without permits.

+1 for Trump.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 08:24:59 pm »
I think this might qualify as a 'conservative' action.

Not something a Manhattan librul think would do, no?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:31 pm »
This is an excellent move. Considering that the Obamites could declare a mud hole in your driveway an 'intermittent wetland' and imprison you for filling it without permits.

+1 for Trump.

Yes it is!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 08:32:11 pm »

A busted clock is right twice a day.

Credit where it's due and all, but that don't make him Conservative. Not by a long, long way.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:51 pm »
Some of those have undone some of the damage done by Obama, as much as it can be. Pipelines have been completed, and in some cases started after a decade of stonewalling by the Feds, the courts, and the same environmental organizations that protested train transport, trucks, and hydraulic fracturing.

I like that you used the correct terminology for the new technology, rather than the “fracking” that the leftist media Luddites’ use to scare the uninformed.

It’s time we regular Americans took back the language.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 08:38:19 pm »

You have a point there @skeeter even though I'm sure the original obummer EO excluded Golf Course Water hazards.  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:14 pm »

+1 for Trump.

I remember back during, IIRC, the Clinton Administration the enviros were trying to regulate the after-a-rainstorm puddles on Central Valley farmers' lands because they might have some nearly microscopic seasonal shrimp living and breeding in the puddles.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:44 pm »
A busted clock is right twice a day.

Credit where it's due and all, but that don't make him Conservative. Not by a long, long way.

Yesterday the administration's accidental and entirely inadvertent reshaping of the 9th circuit court along with SCOTUS helped his broken clock score again against those who've gamed the asylum process resulting in an out of control flood of illegal immigrants.

Enough of these happy accidents and maybe we'll start getting somewhere.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 08:41:38 pm »

You have a point there @skeeter even though I'm sure the original obummer EO excluded Golf Course Water hazards.  wink777

Eh. Thats what Mulligans are for.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 08:43:14 pm »
I remember back during, IIRC, the Clinton Administration the enviros were trying to regulate the after-a-rainstorm puddles on Central Valley farmers' lands because they might have some nearly microscopic seasonal shrimp living and breeding in the puddles.

That ain't no lie. Up here it is even worse - You relieve yourself over the porch railing, a little bald guy in a cheap suit with an EPA badge appears and sticks a sign in the ground declaring a federal wetland.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 08:44:51 pm »
That ain't no lie. Up here it is even worse - You relieve yourself over the porch railing, a little bald guy in a cheap suit with an EPA badge appears and sticks a sign in the ground declaring a federal wetland.

Thats why you want to hold on to a few ounces, just in case.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 08:45:16 pm »
I seem to remember that the government claimed that even if you live remotely and collect rainwater in a barrel, essentially it belongs to them. Or at least it falls under the government's jurisdiction. Even if you dug your own cow pond, the water in it belonged to them.

As was said, every single drop of water anywhere in the nation no matter how it was obtained, snow runoff or anything else, theoretically belonged to the government. Whether they would allow you to use it or not was at their whimsical discretion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:48:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 08:48:39 pm »
Yesterday the administration's accidental and entirely inadvertent reshaping of the 9th circuit court along with SCOTUS helped his broken clock score again against those who've gamed the asylum process resulting in an out of control flood of illegal immigrants.

Enough of these happy accidents and maybe we'll start getting somewhere.

I doubt it. The minute he leaves the White House, it will all revert, just like Obummer who also ruled by fiat with EOs. Laws passed by Congress is where it really changes, and stays that way.
So while I like this (no lie, I do) ... more candy from the clown leading the parade.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 08:48:49 pm »
I like that you used the correct terminology for the new technology, rather than the “fracking” that the leftist media Luddites’ use to scare the uninformed.

The proper response is 'fracking' is incorrect, and 'fracturing' or 'fraccing' is correct.

A made up spelling by the press. 

I might add it is not a 'new' process as it has been around many decades, just being more visible lately.

Gentlemen Joe is an old time oil industry professional and knows what he says.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 08:49:39 pm »
Thats why you want to hold on to a few ounces, just in case.

:silly:

That's right.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 08:53:17 pm »
I seem to remember that the government claimed that even if you live remotely and collect rainwater in a barrel, essentially it belongs to them. Or at least it falls under the government's jurisdiction. Even if you dug your own cow pond, the water in it belonged to them.

As was said, every single drop of water anywhere in the nation no matter how it was obtained, snow runoff or anything else, theoretically belonged to the government. Whether they would allow you to use it or not was at their whimsical discretion.

They're trying to override water rights up here, saying that the 'first people' retain an inherent and previous claim... Giving the whole watershed to the Federal Reservations... Put that in your cheerios and try to chew it.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:59:07 pm »

Right. For those who recall Battlestar Galactica, "fracking" was an expletive.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 09:00:30 pm »
Yep. I recall much the same.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 09:01:19 pm »
One of the advantages of sandy soil...

C S Lewis