Author Topic: WOTUS Found To 'Violate The Law'  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: WOTUS Found To 'Violate The Law'
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 09:15:47 pm »
They're trying to override water rights up here, saying that the 'first people' retain an inherent and previous claim... Giving the whole watershed to the Federal Reservations... Put that in your cheerios and try to chew it.
Our family held Riparian Rights (from a Crown Land Grant) in MD. Those rights included the Rights to the bottom and waters to the center of the main channel (about a mile offshore). The water wasn't valuable for irrigation nor drinking, being brackish, but the fisheries were. By decree, the government seized those rights without compensation. Now we have to have a license to go fishing there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:17:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 09:29:04 pm »
Our family held Riparian Rights (from a Crown Land Grant) in MD. Those rights included the Rights to the bottom and waters to the center of the main channel (about a mile offshore). The water wasn't valuable for irrigation nor drinking, being brackish, but the fisheries were. By decree, the government seized those rights without compensation. Now we have to have a license to go fishing there.

I get that... But this is the whole dang watershed, overriding all existing water rights, state wide, and giving the whole works to the rez.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 09:53:57 pm »
I get that... But this is the whole dang watershed, overriding all existing water rights, state wide, and giving the whole works to the rez.
I thought the Riparian Rights issue had been settled in MT where the waters within the Reservation were under Tribal Control and those not, were not. Did that change? I recall the Crow Tribe had issued fishing licenses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 10:03:50 pm »
I thought the Riparian Rights issue had been settled in MT where the waters within the Reservation were under Tribal Control and those not, were not. Did that change? I recall the Crow Tribe had issued fishing licenses.

I dunno where it is now... Have not paid it mind since last summer.