Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 2 strength on the way up the East coast...updated  (Read 14990 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 5 strength on the way to Florida...updated
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2019, 03:29:36 pm »
Hurricane Dorian, now a Category 4 storm, pummels Bahamas

The National Hurricane Center says the storm is now a Category 4. The reports say its westward movement slowed almost to a standstill. The system crawled along Grand Bahama Island at just 1 mph (2 kph).

https://fox6now.com/2019/09/02/its-devastating-record-setting-hurricane-dorian-keeps-pounding-north-bahamas/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2019, 06:57:08 pm »
Going to be a 3 later today.

....hmm have not heard that they are expecting it to weaken to a 3 today, I've only heard that it has weakened to a strong Cat 4 just below a Cat 5.  Still stalled over the Bahamas and still creeping NW @ 1mph.  The Bahamas are still getting pummeled and deaths are starting to be reported. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2019, 07:13:40 pm »

....hmm have not heard that they are expecting it to weaken to a 3 today, I've only heard that it has weakened to a strong Cat 4 just below a Cat 5.  Still stalled over the Bahamas and still creeping NW @ 1mph.  The Bahamas are still getting pummeled and deaths are starting to be reported.

My Model has been revised because Dorian has basically parked its ass of the East coast of FL.
New Update is as follows.

Category 3 Hurricane

Forecast:Wed, Sep 04, 7:00 am
Moving N at 10mph

Still no land fall predicted between now and Wed Morning.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2019, 09:13:20 pm »
Devastating footage starts coming in from Bahamas’ unprecedented destruction
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/09/02/devastating-footage-starts-coming-in-from-bahamas-unprecedented-destruction-813465
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2019, 09:20:10 pm »
It may be weakening in terms of Category level, but at the same time it is enlarging in terms of circumference.
While it is decreasing in power, it is increasing in the amount of what it will affect.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2019, 09:43:56 pm »
NOAA Dorian update

« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2019, 09:53:22 pm »
CAT 5 HURRICANE DORIAN (BEFORE, DURING & AFTER) IN BAHAMAS 2019- BrBpTV

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2019, 10:50:50 pm »
I just learned today that someone we know and very much admire left the safety of Great Exuma to go be with his family on Grand Bahama Island during the hurricane (because that's what good men do).

He came to the US for college to study jazz, and he is quite the piano player with a megaphone voice that can really work up a crowd in a piano bar (and I am not a fan of piano bars). I wish I had videos of him to share.  I did find some songs from a gospel CD that he recorded.

Prayers up for Heston, I hope to see you in November.   
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2019, 12:17:52 am »
Ann Coulter
Verified accountï‚™ @AnnCoulter 

At least Dorian patiently waits outside our border before  crashing ashore, more than can be said for your average illegal.

2:37 PM - 2 Sep 2019

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1168639223789957123

Offline corbe

« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2019, 12:43:08 am »
      :yowsa:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2019, 12:58:27 am »
Ann Coulter
Verified accountï‚™ @AnnCoulter 

At least Dorian patiently waits outside our border before  crashing ashore, more than can be said for your average illegal.

2:37 PM - 2 Sep 2019

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1168639223789957123

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2019, 01:03:25 am »
I just learned today that someone we know and very much admire left the safety of Great Exuma to go be with his family on Grand Bahama Island during the hurricane (because that's what good men do).

He came to the US for college to study jazz, and he is quite the piano player with a megaphone voice that can really work up a crowd in a piano bar (and I am not a fan of piano bars). I wish I had videos of him to share.  I did find some songs from a gospel CD that he recorded.

Prayers up for Heston, I hope to see you in November.   
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Thanks for sharing!  I'm not particularly fond of jazz, but do enjoy listening to the piano (I play, but only for my own enjoyment and entertainment) and this was a nice treat.

Prayers up for the safety of Heston and his family and for those in the Bahamas.  I hope once the hurricane leaves that their recovery is swift and their lives may return to some sort of normalcy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:07:09 am by libertybele »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2019, 11:34:14 am »
Hurricane Dorian to move 'dangerously close' to Florida coast after battering Bahamas

Hurricane Dorian continued to hover over the Bahamas early Tuesday morning, but forecasters say the now-Category 3 storm will move "dangerously close" to Florida's east coast in the coming hours.

The monstrous storm has been blamed for the deaths of at least five people on the Abaco Islands in the northern Bahamas, where it touched down Sunday afternoon as a Category 5, the strongest Atlantic hurricane landfall on record. Dorian then came to a grinding halt over Grand Bahama, the northernmost island of the Bahamas archipelago where it has remained at a virtual standstill since Monday morning.

Bahamas Prime Minister Hubert Minnis has described the devastation from "destructive Dorian" as "unprecedented and extensive." Many homes and businesses have been "completely or partially destroyed," he said.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/hurricane-dorian-move-dangerously-close-florida-coast-battering/story?id=65352098&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_hero_hed

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2019, 11:59:28 am »
Now downgraded to a Cat 3 and still stalled over the Bahamas -- the track shows it more offshore up the Florida coast.

Hurricane Dorian still swirling over the Bahamas
Dorian is expected to begin moving slowly northwest or west-northwest by this evening.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2019, 03:23:50 pm »
It's been reported that the airport in Freeport is under water.  A number of aid agencies have supplies and people ready to go, but they can't get to the islands to help.  People are stranded with no way to get to them. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2019, 03:29:17 pm »
Hurricane Dorian downgraded to Category 2 storm, continues its assault on the Bahamas

Hurricane Dorian, the monster of a storm that's pummeled parts of the Bahamas for the past 36 hours, has been downgraded to a Category 2 storm as it finally starts to inch away from Grand Bahama -- but the storm is showing signs it's growing before taking aim at the Southeast.

The National Hurricane Center said, as of 11 a.m. EDT, the storm is continuing to produce wind gusts of up to 110 mph and a storm surge of 10-to-15 feet "with higher destructive waves." The storm’s current movement is northwest at 2 mph with "dangerous winds and life-threatening" storm surge continuing to impact Grand Bahama Island.

Dorian was located about 45 miles north of Freeport on Grand Bahama Island and about 105 miles east of West Palm Beach, Fla.

The hurricane, while losing some wind speed, is growing in size, according to the NHC. Hurricane-force winds now extend outward up to 60 miles from the center, while tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 175 miles.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/hurricane-dorian-downgraded-to-category-3-storm-continues-its-assault-on-the-bahamas
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2019, 03:32:15 pm »
It's been reported that the airport in Freeport is under water.  A number of aid agencies have supplies and people ready to go, but they can't get to the islands to help.  People are stranded with no way to get to them.

The devastation is unimaginable.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2019, 03:34:57 pm »

I looked it up on Wiki yesterday...Freeport is between 25K-30K people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2019, 03:51:29 pm »
I looked it up on Wiki yesterday...Freeport is between 25K-30K people.

Freeport is the second largest city.  Nassau, the capital, is the largest with about 227,000 residents, according to worldatlas.com  The total population of the Bahamas is about 395,361 as of 2017.  Sadly, that number will decrease as a result of this storm.   8888crybaby