Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 2 strength on the way up the East coast...updated  (Read 14990 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 5 strength on the way to Florida...updated
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2019, 07:16:30 pm »
Hurricane Dorian, Category 5 storm, makes landfall in Bahamas with 185 mph winds
Travis Fedschun
By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

Rick Reichmuth
✔
@rickreichmuth

185mph sustained winds, gusts to 220mph.  Tied at #2 for highest sustained winds on record in an Atlantic hurricane.  #hurricane #HurricaneDorian #Dorian #weather

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-dorian-bahamas-warning-florida-carolinas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2019, 07:28:40 pm »

Don't punch all of them @The Ghost and please spare @jmyrlefuller
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2019, 07:46:16 pm »
Volusia County Man opens fire after mistaking blown ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2019, 10:55:47 pm »
:Yawn:

Someone wake me up when this BS is over.  I have the strong urge to punch a TV weather reader.

Until 'cain season is over I hereby remove the title of "Nostradumbass" from AOC and award it to Meteorologist's everywhere

You're in the Florida panhandle right?  instead of grousing, maybe you should be grateful you likely have been spared.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2019, 11:23:31 pm »
@The Ghost

Friend, 6:21 pm, central time, it is now moving more west, covering land in Florida, not staying off the coast.  Maybe by Monday morning, the path will be more definite.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2019, 12:03:43 am »
:Yawn:

Someone wake me up when this BS is over.  I have the strong urge to punch a TV weather reader.

Until 'cain season is over I hereby remove the title of "Nostradumbass" from AOC and award it to Meteorologist's everywhere

Alright.. Except that Bastardi guy... He's got it bad enough already...
And besides, he seems to get it right more often.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2019, 12:27:05 am »
The National Weather Service said Hurricane Dorian is not expected to hit Alabama.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/national-weather-service-corrects-trump-on-hurricane-dorian.html

Alabama?

Already category 5? As opposed to say a category 11? Well I guess if it gets bigger than a category 5, it could theoretically hit Alabama?

:shrug:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline libertybele

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2019, 02:06:29 am »
@The Ghost

Friend, 6:21 pm, central time, it is now moving more west, covering land in Florida, not staying off the coast.  Maybe by Monday morning, the path will be more definite.

??? Living here in FL I haven't heard anything definitive today about it covering land in FL.  The possibility is still there but most of the models show it staying just off the coast.

The hurricane has stalled over the Bahamas and they will continue to get battered -- the storm was moving only at 3mph!  Last forecast has it speeding up to 7 mph moving west and it is still uncertain when it is going to take that turn to the north -- we should know better by tomorrow.

Again, most of the hurricane projection models show it staying off the coast even as it veers north and I have not heard anything about it actually making landfall anywhere in the U.S.

With a Cat 5 coming towards the U.S., this is a better safe than sorry scenario and everyone along the eastern coast of FL, GA, SC, NC needs to be prepared.

I have lived in FL now for over 25 years and have been through several hurricanes.  It is silly not to evacuate for a hurricane over a CAT 3 and even at that, storm surge is always, always a consideration.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:12:09 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2019, 02:12:04 am »
??? Living here in FL I haven't heard anything definitive today about it covering land in FL.  The possibility is still there but most of the models show it staying just off the coast.

The hurricane has stalled over the Bahamas and they will continue to get battered -- the storm was moving only at 3mph!  Last forecast has it speeding up to 7 mph moving west and it is still uncertain when it is going to take that turn to the north -- we should know better by tomorrow.

Again, most of the hurricane projection models show it staying off the coast even as it veers north and I have not heard anything about it actually making landfall anywhere in the U.S.

With a Cat 5 coming towards the U.S., this is a better safe than sorry scenario and everyone along the eastern coast of FL, GA, SC, NC needs to be prepared.

You take care of yourself and family...please check in when you can...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2019, 02:19:38 am »
You take care of yourself and family...please check in when you can...

Thank you @mystery-ak  we should be fine.  We live on the west coast of FL and have been out of the forecasted cone for 2 days. However, this is a very powerful hurricane and am praying that the predictions of it taking a northward turn are accurate; they predicted Charley's turn back in '04 wrong.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2019, 02:20:34 am »
@The Ghost

Nope.  Not going to happen.  As slow as this thing is It may never get here. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2019, 02:35:41 am »
This link has videos of Dorian hitting the Bahamas:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/photos-and-videos-show-hurricane-dorian-pummeling-the-bahamas-with-rain-wind-and-massive-flooding-please-pray-for-us/ar-AAGErBq?ocid=spartandhp

Just dam.   Nothing about casualties yet, but still praying for the residents. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2019, 03:01:58 am »
This link has videos of Dorian hitting the Bahamas:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/photos-and-videos-show-hurricane-dorian-pummeling-the-bahamas-with-rain-wind-and-massive-flooding-please-pray-for-us/ar-AAGErBq?ocid=spartandhp

Just dam.   Nothing about casualties yet, but still praying for the residents.

It is absolutely catastrophic and Dorian is lingering over the Bahamas. Consider that there are sustained winds of 185 mph and gusts up to 220 mph; equivalent to an EF4 and EF5 tornado + they had a storm surge of 23 feet!  I can't even fathom what they are experiencing.  Prayers up!!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2019, 03:24:54 am »
Satellite image that uses a background of city lights over land ... there is only a small distance between the densely populated SE Florida coastline and Hurricane #Dorian.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/1168355054522437635

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2019, 04:57:02 am »

I have lived in FL now for over 25 years and have been through several hurricanes.  It is silly not to evacuate for a hurricane over a CAT 3 and even at that, storm surge is always, always a consideration.

I live on the very north shore of old/upper Tampa Bay.  While I do agree with you that it's best to be prudent (I trimmed my trees and topped off the gas tanks last week when this storm was a nothing), I suspect we'll be seeing the anti-surge (storms that go to the east of us actually push water out of the bay).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2019, 04:59:15 am »
Satellite image that uses a background of city lights over land ... there is only a small distance between the densely populated SE Florida coastline and Hurricane #Dorian.

Thanks, man, that makes me feel much better.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2019, 06:10:32 am »
It is absolutely catastrophic and Dorian is lingering over the Bahamas. Consider that there are sustained winds of 185 mph and gusts up to 220 mph; equivalent to an EF4 and EF5 tornado + they had a storm surge of 23 feet!  I can't even fathom what they are experiencing.  Prayers up!!

:0001:

Amen
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2019, 07:26:16 am »
Down to 2mph western drift... basically it has stopped and is churning up the Bahama Islands. Airport areas (inside a concave area where the storm surge packs it in) is under 5 feet of water and eye not there yet.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2019, 11:02:34 am »
Thanks, man, that makes me feel much better.

No worries, bud, IF the predicated path verifies, we are looking at 2-4" of rain and about a 25% chance TS winds in the TB area....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:29 am »
Why couldn't 100 MOABS dropped over the eye wall break Dorian up?

...asking for a friend.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2019, 11:20:52 am »

What Liberals want FL to look like after Hurricane Dorian

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2019, 11:22:14 am »
What Liberals want FL to look like after Hurricane Dorian

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2019, 11:50:07 am »

General Patton vs. the Volcano

Yes, George Patton once attacked and bombed an erupting volcano.
https://pacificislandparks.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/general-patton-vs-the-volcano/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2019, 01:31:55 pm »
7-year-old boy is first reported Hurricane Dorian-related death

McLEAN'S TOWN CAY, Bahamas - A 7-year-old boy from the Bahamas is reportedly the first death related to the catastrophic Hurricane Dorian.

According to The Bahama Press, Lachino Mcintosh drowned while his family was trying to relocate them from their home in Abaco. The boy's sister is also reportedly missing, according to a tweet sent out late Sunday by The Bahama Press.

https://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/7-year-old-boy-is-first-reported-hurricane-dorian-related-death

:0001:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2019, 02:01:50 pm »

That eye is incredible!  The satellite images I've been seeing on FNC are simply amazing.  I was seeing some stories from Abaco online last night, and the folks were begging for prayers of salvation.  I see a boy died there.... 8888crybaby

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: