Author Topic: House GOP fears retirement wave will lead to tsunami  (Read 24146 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: House GOP fears retirement wave will lead to tsunami
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2019, 02:54:56 pm »
SOS! Different day.

Everybody wants to get to the same place but never get there because they spend ALL of their time arguing endlessly about which car they should ride in!

I am beginning to think it is because some folks have nothing better to do than participate in the same never-ending argument for hours upon hours each day and night?

:shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2019, 03:01:41 pm »

Horse Hillary! NAME the "principled conservative by" YOUR standards that was running.

Cruz or Castle.

In other words,you just want something to whine about so you can do your little "superiority dance" while bragging to everybody about what smart little boy you are.

Nonsense. You're drooling again.

So,how are you planning on solving that problem. Praying to Jesus? Sending a note to Santa at the North Pole? Jumping into the air three times and clicking your heels?

Or maybe just holding your breath until you turn blue?

Tell me why my plans are any of your damn business... I don't answer to you.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2019, 03:04:39 pm »
Does this thread need locking?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2019, 03:09:58 pm »

You wouldn't understand Conservatism if it bit you on the ass. You are the adult equivalent of a 6 year old living in your fantasy land and screaming "It's all about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" to your mommy.

No, it is not about me. and has never been about me. It has been about supporting and fighting for principle things. Things that are always true.

When your movement does not possess a single one of those always-true things, What should that tell you about your movement?

And why should I help you (try to) tear them down?

I will not.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2019, 03:12:09 pm »
@Mod5
 Not yet

No ones gotten too stupid yet
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2019, 03:23:06 pm »
@Mod5
 Not yet

No ones gotten too stupid yet

That's debatable, my friend. What's lost here IMO is the complete silence from the Trump faction on the latest disastrous budget deal signed by Trump two days ago.

For all the yapping about NTs not "fighting" for Trump, those same Trump supporters are giving him a pass on a clear abdication from his comments of last year, when he vowed he would never sign a bad budget bill.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2019, 03:26:05 pm »

LOL!   NOT!!

It's past time that these virtue-signaling idiots are put in their place.   

And answer this question?   What's the difference between a poster mocking our President, our First Lady, or Christians?

The rules here are so long as it's not directed at a specific poster, there is no crime.

What's good for the goose..... 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »
That's debatable, my friend. What's lost here IMO is the complete silence from the Trump faction on the latest disastrous budget deal signed by Trump two days ago.

Okay.  My comment is that I hate the bill.  But that's part of what happens when Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker.

My reaction is that we need to elect a more conservative Congress.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 03:28:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #483 on: August 03, 2019, 03:35:34 pm »
I am beginning to think it is because some folks have nothing better to do than participate in the same never-ending argument for hours upon hours each day and night?

I'm beginning to think you are right @EdJames!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #484 on: August 03, 2019, 03:37:17 pm »

Nope! But I sorely wish there was a way for me to unsubscribe from it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #485 on: August 03, 2019, 03:47:33 pm »
Nope! But I sorely wish there was a way for me to unsubscribe from it!

Me too,  I said all I wanted to say several pages ago.  Can't believe this thing is still going on and is still popping up in my Updated Topics. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #486 on: August 03, 2019, 03:50:22 pm »
There's a way off, but the cure is worse than the disease. You have to delete your posts from the thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #487 on: August 03, 2019, 03:52:56 pm »
There's a way off, but the cure is worse than the disease. You have to delete your posts from the thread.

Thanks Cyber.   I'm lazy and don't want to have to sift through pages and pages of drivel to find my posts.   happy77

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #488 on: August 03, 2019, 03:53:44 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****  **nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #489 on: August 03, 2019, 03:55:03 pm »
Thanks Cyber.   I'm lazy and don't want to have to sift through pages and pages of drivel to find my posts.   happy77

I  couldn't find all my posts on the What are you listening to thread.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #490 on: August 03, 2019, 03:55:42 pm »

Yikes! With all our computer technology is that the best we got? Erase your brilliant thoughts?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #491 on: August 03, 2019, 04:10:15 pm »
Okay.  My comment is that I hate the bill.  But that's part of what happens when Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker.

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2019, 04:47:22 pm »

I resent that comment @Cyber Liberty  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2019, 04:51:53 pm »

Ooooo............. I want off that one too!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2019, 04:55:17 pm »

Isn't that the essence of every political forum?  Standing up for what you believe in?

(The reason it's "never ending," is that some folks who once claimed to believe in the same things no longer do and argue against Conservatism).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2019, 04:57:39 pm »
    I thought the 'Share what you are listening to now' Thread was brilliant inspiration (on my part). So much for rationalization with some Briefers.  Now I'm glad it's stuck in your updated topics thread.   :tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2019, 07:16:24 pm »

Cruz or Castle.

@roamer_1

You are dreaming. About Cruz,anyway. I have forgotten what I knew about Castle,but I do remember Cruz is too smart and practical to fulfill your dreams,even if I don't  trust him very much.

Politics is the art of the possible,and you have to get elected before you can do anything.

Tell me why my plans are any of your damn business... I don't answer to you.

Duhhhh,you are coming on here every day ranting and raving about how much our politicians suck because they never do the right thing,and now you are bitching because I ask you what the right thing is and who would do it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2019, 07:18:46 pm »
Hey, not all is lost.  I got out of this thread what seems to be an awesome Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe -- but still waiting to find out what kind of homemade bread is going to be served -- or did I miss it??   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2019, 07:21:43 pm »

For all the yapping about NTs not "fighting" for Trump, those same Trump supporters are giving him a pass on a clear abdication from his comments of last year, when he vowed he would never sign a bad budget bill.

@Night Hides Not Hides

You DO know that Congress writes the budget and that what would happen if Trump or any other President refused to sign it,right?

In case you don't ,EVERYTHING would shut down due to lack of funding. Airports,hospitals,railroads,trucking companies,and even banks.

Which means NOBODY would have any money other than what they happened to have in the pockets or buried in their back yards.

Yet you actually wanted this to happen and want to blame Trump for what Congress voted for?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2019, 07:24:35 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

But.....,but...,but...,where's the fun in that? We MUST blame Trump for everything in the entire universe or everything goes all to hell and maybe our beloved RINO's will never get elected again?