Author Topic: Disneyland brawl aftermath: Men beating women in the middle of park, no joke  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Went to Disneyland once decades ago.  Stood in line for an hour and a half to get on a ride that lasted all of maybe two minutes.  That was enough.  If I want to go to an amusement park, there is one a half hour away that is less expensive and has far better attractions.  And this park near me does not tolerate violent idiots.

All of us in the Jazzhead family love Disney parks;  they are the best in the world for what they do.   We haven't been back to one in at least five years,  and I hear that they have modified or eliminated the one true innovation they came up with to make sure everyone had a fair shot at riding the big rides.   The "Fastpass" system was nothing short of genius; you'd get one or more Fastpasses at the beginning of the day for the rides you most wanted to go on.  Each pass assigned you a ride time,  and when you showed up at the appointed time you were put directly onto the ride.   No waiting, and very egalitarian - it did not matter whether you were staying at a Disney hotel,  or were the recipient of any other special privilege.   Fastpasses were open to all.   Alas,  it appears it was a system too good and fair to survive - I hope I'm wrong about that.   

As for violence in a Disney park,  I've never seen it.    But I have sensed a fair amount of gang-related intimidation at places like Six Flags.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All of us in the Jazzhead family love Disney parks;  they are the best in the world for what they do.   We haven't been back to one in at least five years,  and I hear that they have modified or eliminated the one true innovation they came up with to make sure everyone had a fair shot at riding the big rides.   The "Fastpass" system was nothing short of genius; you'd get one or more Fastpasses at the beginning of the day for the rides you most wanted to go on.  Each pass assigned you a ride time,  and when you showed up at the appointed time you were put directly onto the ride.   No waiting, and very egalitarian - it did not matter whether you were staying at a Disney hotel,  or were the recipient of any other special privilege.   Fastpasses were open to all.   Alas,  it appears it was a system too good and fair to survive - I hope I'm wrong about that.   

As for violence in a Disney park,  I've never seen it.    But I have sensed a fair amount of gang-related intimidation at places like Six Flags.   

They still have them.  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fastpass-plus/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Disney parks never held any attraction for me.

In a similar vein, neither does Las Vegas...

Online mountaineer

Colin Flaherty's take on the Disneyland shenanigans: https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/995068309989273600
He does a "down goes Frazier" bit when one of the big women hits the deck.
I can't begin to imagine how much it cost for all these folks' tickets. What fun!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:56:50 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Colin Flaherty's take on the Disneyland shenanigans: https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/995068309989273600
He does a "down goes Frazier" bit when one of the big women hits the deck.
I can't begin to imagine how much it cost for all these folks' tickets. What fun!

It's an interesting twist:  YOU pay THEM to enter the ring, and there's no purse at the end. :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry, it will never happen. I don't know where people get the money to D'land but there are always more than enough fools to go into hock to stand in lines all day and get royally gouged for food, drink and souvenirs. It matters not to people because they will always tell themselves it won't happen to me.

Respectfully disagree.  On the short term, you are right, but if it becomes conventional thinking that Disney parks are unsafe........    People will avoid the place like the plague
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Wow.

The other night I re watched “Idiocracy” for like the 14th time.

Mike Judge is an underestimated genius.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It’s A Brawl World After All

I just blew out some milk out my nose,

Oh my gosh that’s funny!

@edpc

Seriously, I really did blow milk out of my nose,,I was drinking some trying to see if it can help me sleep. Ouch!  :silly:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Just posted this kinda on same line.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,367923.new.html#new

I think the heat and the new moon in cancer is making everyone a bit bonkers.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Klumps at War

Offline Applewood

Respectfully disagree.  On the short term, you are right, but if it becomes conventional thinking that Disney parks are unsafe........    People will avoid the place like the plague

The same can be applied to shopping malls and movie theaters.  Lowlifes come in and cause trouble.  People worry about their own safety.  So they go elsewhere or stay home. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The same can be applied to shopping malls and movie theaters.  Lowlifes come in and cause trouble.  People worry about their own safety.  So they go elsewhere or stay home.

Very true.   25 or so years ago, I used to have season passes to Astroworld in Houston, and would take the kids ususally once a month. 

I noiticed things starting to get dicey with thugs harrassing other kids.  Myself?  I am pretty big and intimidating, so I felt we were relatively safe.  However, I did see a gang of about 3 (minorities) jump and beat up another kid. And park staff and security never showed up. At that time, I knew this was not  family friendly entertainment for my family, so we stopped going.  The park thankfully closed a few years later. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Many people have gigantic HD televisions at home with an unlimited selection of movies from any decade. And it is so much more comfortable and safer. I went to an actual theater for the first time in 5 years a couple of years ago and hated it. Do not see myself in an outside theater for the rest of my life. No more $25 popcorn and coke for me. I'd rather have chips and beer for a couple of bucks.

Same with Malls, haven't been to a Mall in years. Do almost all of my shopping online. The world is exponentially different now than even 10 years ago. Malls and theaters are going out of business like falling dominos.

Most people get their entertainment at home with insanely complex gaming systems. DisneyLand/DisneyWorld are much more of a pain in the butt and expensive than the effort required to get there and pay all the expenses. Who needs it? Not me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Very true.   25 or so years ago, I used to have season passes to Astroworld in Houston, and would take the kids ususally once a month. 

I noiticed things starting to get dicey with thugs harrassing other kids.  Myself?  I am pretty big and intimidating, so I felt we were relatively safe.  However, I did see a gang of about 3 (minorities) jump and beat up another kid. And park staff and security never showed up. At that time, I knew this was not  family friendly entertainment for my family, so we stopped going.  The park thankfully closed a few years later.

If any of these entities want to stay in business, they are going to have to put aside their fear of being called racist or whatever  and toss out or even arrest those who cause trouble.  By pandering to minority malcontents, they are driving away everyone else.  Not a sound business practice.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
For the record,  I regularly go to malls, theme parks, sports stadiums and theaters,  and otherwise walk the streets of my city.   And I don't carry a gun or even a pointed banana for protection.   

I choose neither to live in fear nor live life as an internet hermit.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Did it ever occur to anyone that Disney might just be market-testing a new addition,to be called something like "Hood Wurld" to attract all that gubbermint money floating around near the first of each month?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

For the record,  I regularly go to malls, theme parks, sports stadiums and theaters,  and otherwise walk the streets of my city.   And I don't carry a gun or even a pointed banana for protection.   

@Jazzhead
For the record, I haven't been in a mall in probably 5 years, have not been in a theme park, stadium, or theater in easily 30 years... And I carry a .45 pistol and at least two knives on me at all times - often one of which is a big-ass bowie...

I certainly don't live in fear, nor as an internet hermit...

So what's your point?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:47:20 pm by roamer_1 »

Online mountaineer

Did it ever occur to anyone that Disney might just be market-testing a new addition,to be called something like "Hood Wurld" to attract all that gubbermint money floating around near the first of each month?

Gangsta Mickey available on T-shirts
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Do you think people who choose to carry do so out of fear? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Jazzhead
For the record, I haven't been in a mall in probably 5 years, have not been in a theme park, stadium, or theater in easily 30 years... And I carry a .45 pistol and at least two knives on me at all times - often one of which is a big-ass bowie...

I certainly don't live in fear, nor as an internet hermit...

So what's your point?

That we who avoid the urban experience are retrograde troglodytes.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Many people have gigantic HD televisions at home with an unlimited selection of movies from any decade. And it is so much more comfortable and safer. I went to an actual theater for the first time in 5 years a couple of years ago and hated it. Do not see myself in an outside theater for the rest of my life. No more $25 popcorn and coke for me. I'd rather have chips and beer for a couple of bucks.

Same with Malls, haven't been to a Mall in years. Do almost all of my shopping online. The world is exponentially different now than even 10 years ago. Malls and theaters are going out of business like falling dominos.

Most people get their entertainment at home with insanely complex gaming systems. DisneyLand/DisneyWorld are much more of a pain in the butt and expensive than the effort required to get there and pay all the expenses. Who needs it? Not me.

A bit of anectdotal evidence to bolster that claim - there are some movie theaters in the Austin area called Alamo Drafthouse. They have comfy reclining chairs and you can order a meal and an adult beverage while watching your movie.  They are also very firm about people talking or using their phones in the theater.  Their business is booming!

Online roamer_1

That we who avoid the urban experience are retrograde troglodytes.

@Sanguine

There ya go again Sang... You and them 5 dollar words...  :shrug: :whistle:

:tongue2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

There ya go again Sang... You and them 5 dollar words...  :shrug: :whistle:

:tongue2:

:tongue2: *****rollingeyes***** :tongue2:

Offline Applewood

Can't speak for others,  but for me avoiding any potential danger is not fear, but rather, prudence.  I go to the local mall. but only to walk with other old people like myself.  Usually, I go very early in the morning while the gangstas and other lowlifes are still in bed.  Once the stores open, I'm usually outta there.    Other bad places like downtown Pittsburgh, I go there only when it's an absolute necessity and once I do what I have to do there, I leave as quickly as possible.  It just makes sense to me not to hang  around places that are unsafe.