Author Topic: LGBT Activists Could Be to Blame for Falling LGBT Acceptance  (Read 1010 times)

rangerrebew

LGBT Activists Could Be to Blame for Falling LGBT Acceptance

Nicole Russell  June 28, 2019

A new study found that young people's acceptance of LGBT people has dropped by 18% in the last two years. (Photo: Frederic J. Brown/AFP/Getty Images)

In a recent hit single, “You Need to Calm Down,” Taylor Swift mocks people who stand firm in their beliefs about sexuality, asking that they stop their bigotry and “calm down.”

The music video, which went viral, depicts conservatives as ignorant hicks who reject gays and are driven by animus. They are ugly, dated, and lack basic hygiene. By contrast, the LGBT folks in the video are bright, happy, and boast perfectly coiffed hair.

Moreover, the angry hicks are a dwindling minority, while the upbeat LGBT folks are shown to be ascendant—on the right side of history, you might say.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/28/lgbt-activists-could-be-to-blame-for-falling-lgbt-acceptance/

rangerrebew

Re: LGBT Activists Could Be to Blame for Falling LGBT Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:44:42 pm »

acceptance of LGBT people has dropped by 18% in the last two years. 

Democrats are losing another radical group they have supported.  More drops like this and there won't be any interest in "protecting" them. :thud:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 01:58:41 pm »
Who'da thought most people don't like others shoving their values down their throats.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 04:52:24 pm »
Maybe they should stop prancing naked in parades while engaging in sex acts in front of children?  Just thinking out loud here....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 05:54:34 pm »
Maybe they should stop prancing naked in parades while engaging in sex acts in front of children?  Just thinking out loud here....

You're thinking is loud and clear!! :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 05:57:28 pm »
Who'da thought most people don't like others shoving their values down their throats.

Or lack thereof........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:10 pm »
You're thinking is loud and clear!! :beer:

:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 06:32:39 pm »
The LGBT movement is now defined by fighting against gender norms, demanding that children in drag become an accepted new normal, and filing lawsuits so that biological males can use women’s restrooms.

This kind of aggressive, entitled behavior is difficult to acquiesce to, especially when it infringes upon the rights of others who would rather not participate.

And transgenders saying someone not wanting to date their new 'gender' is bigotry, demanding the be called by the preferred pronoun of whatever 'identity' they are today, destroying women's athletics, the winks and nods towards pedophilia, and on and on...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 08:33:27 am »
Maybe it is just that unnatural acts only have a limited appeal, and that has worn thin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 09:39:20 am »
Quote from: the article
The music video, which went viral, depicts conservatives as ignorant hicks who reject gays and are driven by animus. They are ugly, dated, and lack basic hygiene. By contrast, the LGBT folks in the video are bright, happy, and boast perfectly coiffed hair.

Moreover, the angry hicks are a dwindling minority, while the upbeat LGBT folks are shown to be ascendant—on the right side of history, you might say.

You think gay acceptance is dropping like a rock, wait till you see what happens to Taylor Swift.
Hope she likes playing Canadian high school dances.

#ShutUpAndSing
#DixieChicksRedux

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 10:58:05 am »
Tolerance of LGBT wanes as tolerance of Muslims increases. They cannot exist together.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 11:01:38 am »
Maybe it is just that unnatural acts only have a limited appeal, and that has worn thin.
Sometimes, though, it takes a huge crisis to "wear thin." It took a deadly disease like AIDS to set the movement back 20 years... but that's about right. These things tend to ebb and flow in generations. What one generation experienced and rejected, the next embraces.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 12:51:11 pm »
Sometimes, though, it takes a huge crisis to "wear thin." It took a deadly disease like AIDS to set the movement back 20 years... but that's about right. These things tend to ebb and flow in generations. What one generation experienced and rejected, the next embraces.
But AIDS didn't set it back. Why do you think the Homosexuals fought tooth and nail to keep the bath houses open after G.R.I.D. (Gay Related Immune Disorder: later renamed Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome) was identified?

Because there is no real sympathy in a normal heterosexual population for people who just engage in unnatural and revolting sexual behaviour. But when they are dying of an incurable disease, and especially when that same disease can be spread to innocents like Kimberly Bergalis, then the handwringing begins, the group is really oppressed because they're dying, (you heartless b@stards!), even if it is a result of their aberrant sexual behaviour, and you're a hater if you won't dump trillions down the 'find a cure' rathole (F*ck cancer, anyone can get that, cure AIDS!).

Add in an entire generation of cultural programming from the teevee, from the media, and in the SCHOOLS and sure, it's more accepted. Goebbels would be so proud!

Jesus is out of the school system, bone smugglers are in, and being taught to grade schoolers.

Well, if the funding and effort spent trying to find a cure for a disease that is just 'managed' so some people can collect the $500-$750K in medical costs to keep these people alive (the real reason for Obamacare), incidentally, to continue to spread the disease, had been spent on curing cancer, maybe cancer would have been cured by now.
Of course that isn't the way the heavily homosexual media (television, film, theater) have presented the issue, and that's likely the very sort of indoctrination that has resulted in greater acceptance.

But there are also the social pressures to 'accept' the idea of a male calling another male his 'husband', the legal protections for those who want to practice their perversity, the whole 'Emperor's New Clothes' herd mentality that refuses to say "It's gross!" out of fear of being sued, called a "hater", etc.

Why do Americans commonly estimate the percentage of homosexuals in the US to be around 20%? Because that's the ratio of gays to straights in the average TV show, 1:4. In reality, it's a tenth of that, the difference the result of being indoctrinated with the barrage of pro homosexual propaganda and Hollywood efforts to normalize behaviour which isn't normal.

What is wearing thin is the 'inch' asked for was decriminalization and tolerance has become a quest for forcing the rest of America to not only tolerate but to celebrate the lurid perversities of a lifestyle that, despite its hijacking of a word meaning happy, commits suicide at a rate 1.5 to 3 times normal folks, not counting those who intentionally acquire AIDS.

Bottom line is that instead of treating what was once listed as a mental disorder, now aspects of our society promote it.

That wears thin with me, and actually did long ago. I have little pity for those who suffer from self-inflicted wounds.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 02:00:53 pm »
The eighties  was when I realized that the homosexual movement had gone too far. They blamed Reagan for the AIDs crisis when Reagan had nothing to do with the spread of the disease. I wasn't even a Republican at the time  and didn't vote for Reagan.
By the mid 80s everybody knew that the disease was mostly spread by male homosexuals who refused to use protection. David Horowitz wrote about organizing a meeting in the Bay Area to tell homosexuals how to stop the spread.
Instead of being happy, the homosexuals in attendance were upset with Horowitz because they wanted to have "sex" without having to use condoms.  Horowitz then realized that the Gay Mafia was an unreasonable force.
I've despised them ever since for spreading the disease and killing many innocent people through tainted blood transfusions (Arthur Ashe) or deliberately spreading the disease like one Florida dentist did to his patients when he found out he had the disease. Many of his patients died as a result.
They've ruined the month of June now with their constant hollering and shouting about June is now Gay Pride Month.
A pox on all of them.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 02:16:12 pm »

I know I'm tired of being constantly inundated with the "look at me; I'm gay" BS.  Personally, I view perverted behavior as a sin, but if that's your thing, fine with me.  But I really don't want to hear about it. June is Gay Pride Month or something, so every day the local media had something about LGBQRSTUV stuff.  Couldn't turn on the tv or pick up a paper without some story about these people.  Other than them, who the H cares?

And it seems they are always crying about discrimination.  Where?   Employment?   For a time, I worked for a homo young lawyer.  Everyone knew what he was -- even the higher-ups -- but as long as he did his job, he stayed employed.    Housing?  There are two gays living in a house next door to where my  late aunt and uncle lived.  If there was any housing discrimination, those two wouldn't own their own home.  Now maybe there are some employers, lenders and such who will find a way to reject them for jobs or housing, based on their "lifestyle,"  but I think their constant whining about discrimination is nonsense. 

Seems to me maybe we straight people should have our own parades and events, take out full page ads in the paper or buy ad time on tv and tell the world, "look at us. We're straight."  Or make an announcement like "Hey, my name is Louie and last night, I did the deed with my wife."  I doubt these malcontents would want to hear about our private lives.  Why do we have to hear about theirs?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 02:29:22 pm »
I know I'm tired of being constantly inundated with the "look at me; I'm gay" BS.  Personally, I view perverted behavior as a sin, but if that's your thing, fine with me.  But I really don't want to hear about it. June is Gay Pride Month or something, so every day the local media had something about LGBQRSTUV stuff.  Couldn't turn on the tv or pick up a paper without some story about these people.  Other than them, who the H cares?

And it seems they are always crying about discrimination.  Where?   Employment?   For a time, I worked for a homo young lawyer.  Everyone knew what he was -- even the higher-ups -- but as long as he did his job, he stayed employed.    Housing?  There are two gays living in a house next door to where my  late aunt and uncle lived.  If there was any housing discrimination, those two wouldn't own their own home.  Now maybe there are some employers, lenders and such who will find a way to reject them for jobs or housing, based on their "lifestyle,"  but I think their constant whining about discrimination is nonsense. 

Seems to me maybe we straight people should have our own parades and events, take out full page ads in the paper or buy ad time on tv and tell the world, "look at us. We're straight."  Or make an announcement like "Hey, my name is Louie and last night, I did the deed with my wife."  I doubt these malcontents would want to hear about our private lives.  Why do we have to hear about theirs?
It was never about just acceptance and toleration. I remember reading a Time Magazine article about homosexuals back in the sixties where the head of one homo org. clearly stated that the goal was to make homosexuality as normal as heterosexuality in the minds of Americans.
In that view, they've largely succeeded....at least with half of the population who seem to think there's nothing wrong with children being taken to libraries to watch readings put on by drag queens i.e. homosexuals reading stories about homosexuals.
This is a far worse society than the one I group up in the sixties.  Perversion is not only now tolerated, it is promoted.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 02:47:19 pm »
It was never about just acceptance and toleration. I remember reading a Time Magazine article about homosexuals back in the sixties where the head of one homo org. clearly stated that the goal was to make homosexuality as normal as heterosexuality in the minds of Americans.
In that view, they've largely succeeded....at least with half of the population who seem to think there's nothing wrong with children being taken to libraries to watch readings put on by drag queens i.e. homosexuals reading stories about homosexuals.
This is a far worse society than the one I group up in the sixties.  Perversion is not only now tolerated, it is promoted.

"I've just flown in from California, where they've made homosexuality legal. I thought I'd get out before they make it compulsory" -  Bob Hope

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 02:50:36 pm »
...  Perversion is not only now tolerated, it is promoted.

And it's going to get worse.  Just wait till pedophilia is decriminalized.  I just hope I'm dead by then.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 03:07:27 pm »
And it's going to get worse.  Just wait till pedophilia is decriminalized.  I just hope I'm dead by then.

Normals are going to be faced with the prospect of doing some very unpleasant things in order to stop society from circling down the drain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 04:13:16 pm »
Ya think?

Most people never really gave them a thought before they became so militant and insistent,and now everybody hates them.

This is the activists doing this in order to increase the size of their bank accounts to satisfy their egos about them being "VERY important people".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 04:18:53 pm »

@Applewood

That's not going to happen. Even lefties have children,and most care more about their children than they do being politically trendy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »
@Applewood

That's not going to happen. Even lefties have children,and most care more about their children than they do being politically trendy.

@sneakypete

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.  Look at all the fooles who are trying to turn their kids into trannies because it's politically fashionable.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 05:29:54 pm »
@Applewood

Wish I had your confidence in people.  First, it was the gays, then it was the trannies, then....   I figure eventually, they will get around to pedophilia. 

Maybe they do care about their kids, but anyone else's?   The kids are secondary to the agenda.  We've already seen how children's lives have taken a back seat to pushing abortion. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2019, 05:33:48 pm »
Interesting article.  I was telling my wife a few months ago that I bet this "militancy" was going to blow back, once people saw how pathetically perverse some of these folks are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2019, 06:19:11 pm »
@sneakypete

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.  Look at all the fooles who are trying to turn their kids into trannies because it's politically fashionable.

@Cyber Liberty

I SUSPECT most of the people you describe are homos who had children to "send a statement". Don't confuse those posing fools with actual parents.