Author Topic: Sen. Collins: Trump Has a Duty to Enforce Immigration Law, U.S. Needs ‘Stronger Border Security’  (Read 1108 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. Collins: Trump Has a Duty to Enforce Immigration Law, U.S. Needs ‘Stronger Border Security’

Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine) said President Donald Trump has a “constitutional duty” to enforce immigration laws and added that America has a “crisis” at the border and needs “to have stronger border security.”

At the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, CNSNews.com asked Sen. Collins, “Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution says the president ‘shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.’ Does the president have a constitutional duty to enforce the immigration laws?”........

Senator Collins said,  “The president has a constitutional duty to enforce all duly passed laws by the Congress.”

CNSNews.com then asked, “Should the president deport aliens who are in the United States illegally?”

The senator did not answer the question directly but said, “We have a crisis and we need to have stronger border security. But we also cannot ignore the very serious humanitarian needs that are affecting children who have come to this country through no choice of their own.”...........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ilona-schumicky/sen-collins-trump-has-duty-enforce-immigration-law-us-needs-stronger
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
She is absolutely correct.  IMHO ALL the GOP Senators need to hold Trump's feet to the fire and demand that he do something at the border.  The border bill that they just passed however, is a disgrace.  They can't just cast stones at this President without doing something to help him and stand behind him.  Trump's FAILURE at the border isn't his alone.  It's also the majority of the 535 members of Congress.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine) said President Donald Trump has a “constitutional duty” to enforce immigration laws and added that America has a “crisis” at the border and needs “to have stronger border security.”

Damn Senator Collins! It's about time you awakened to that FACT!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Damn Senator Collins! It's about time you awakened to that FACT!!!

Hopefully the rest of the Senators that have been asleep or who have let their hatred for Trump get in the way, awaken as well!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pigs...pigs flying out my window.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Pleasant surprise.

Yes, even with the wishy washy answer to the deportation question.

Offline Polly Ticks

She also voted 'yes' on Kavanaugh.

I suppose this makes the second time the stopped clock was correct.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not buying it. It's a trick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pleasant surprise.

@rustynail

No kidding. I am wondering if she has had a mini-stroke recently.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Astonishing statement from the RINO.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

Offline bilo

I believe she's running for re-election.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Louie states same:

Rep. Gohmert: Trump ‘Absolutely’ Has a Constitutional Duty to Enforce Immigration Laws

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cody-leach/rep-gohmert-trump-absolutely-has-constitutional-duty-enforce-immigration

Offline rustynail

Louie states same:

Rep. Gohmert: Trump ‘Absolutely’ Has a Constitutional Duty to Enforce Immigration Laws

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cody-leach/rep-gohmert-trump-absolutely-has-constitutional-duty-enforce-immigration

If Trump is not fulfilling his 'duty' is not that an Impeachable Offense?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Louie states same:

Sounds good to me.  The difference is, Louie is consistent about this and other topics, but I can't trust Collins any more than I can hurl an anvil.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Pleasant surprise.

That's for sure, but nothing is getting done.  We're too busy with the who done it leak to actually round up the people with deportation orders.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

If Trump is not fulfilling his 'duty' is not that an Impeachable Offense?

I don't know if being a "Slacker" is an impeachable offense.

Not that I'm calling him a slacker.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
McAleenan Says Arrests of Migrants on Border Expected to Decline by 25 Percent in June
By Zolan Kanno-Youngs

WASHINGTON — Kevin McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, said on Friday that arrests of migrants at the southwestern border are expected to decline by 25 percent in June.

He attributed the drop to Mexico sending security forces to crack down on undocumented immigrants crossing the border and the expansion of a Trump administration policy that forces migrants to wait in Mexico while their asylum cases are processed.

Mr. McAleenan, meeting with reporters to discuss the final passage of a $4.6 billion emergency border bill, said the decrease from May, when 144,200 migrants were taken into custody — the highest monthly total in 13 years — showed the deployment of the security forces and the policy known as “Remain in Mexico” are successfully deterring migration.

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/us/politics/homeland-security-border-arrests.html

There was an article that came out,

"Mexico Turning Itself Into A Border Wall"
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexico-turning-itself-into-a-border-wall/

Premature to say but a situation to watch.  And then, who is paying for that wall?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't know if being a "Slacker" is an impeachable offense.

Not that I'm calling him a slacker.

Well, he has slacked BIGLY on the border crisis at every point; the wall, border security, asylum, etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, he has slacked BIGLY on the border crisis at every point; the wall, border security, asylum, etc.

@libertybele

Yeah,especially in comparison to Obomber and Boy Jorge,and I have no doubt at all your tame "usual suspect" Republican would have done MUCH better,right?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In all fairness, it is Congress, specifically, the House of Representatives which is charged with funding such actions. If and when they keep looking for Russian dustbunnies in the dark alcoves of Capitol Hill, maybe they can get around to some of that National Security stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In all fairness, it is Congress, specifically, the House of Representatives which is charged with funding such actions. If and when they keep looking for Russian dustbunnies in the dark alcoves of Capitol Hill, maybe they can get around to some of that National Security stuff.

@Smokin Joe

You misspelled "lust bunnies".

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
#3 now becoming vocal about this issue.  Interesting ... no response from the President on this?

Sen. Risch: Trump Has a Constitutional Duty to Enforce Immigration Laws

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mark-jennings/sen-risch-trump-has-constitutional-duty-enforce-immigration-laws

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, he has tried to get the Congress to do something.

>crickets< at best, adamant opposition at worst.

If he can get the Congress to clamor for, to demand he do something, and let that reach a media frenzy (because it comes off as a Trump Failure and they can't resist that), then perhaps he can turn it around and use it to force them to give him the funding and tools he needs.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis