Author Topic: Feinstein fumes as Trump administration pushes forward with 9th Circuit nominees without consulting  (Read 531 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Feinstein fumes as Trump administration pushes forward with 9th Circuit nominees without consulting her
Fox News, Mar 31, 2019

The Senate is poised this week to consider two more conservative nominees selected by President Trump to sit on the left-leaning 9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- and the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee isn't happy about it.

That's because the nominees, Ken Lee and Dan Collins, were picked without any input from either Dianne Feinstein or Kamala Harris, California's two Democrat senators. Traditionally, the White House seeks to obtain a so-called "blue slip," or approval, from a judicial nominee's two home-state senators before pressing on with their nominations.

But the Trump administration, which has successfully nominated several conservative judges to the 9th Circuit already, has pointedly disregarded that process as it continues its push to transform the appellate court that the president repeatedly has derided as hopelessly biased and "disgraceful."

[...]

Feinstein, whose handling of the Brett Kavanuagh confirmation process still rankles conservatives, went on: "Before President Trump took office, the blue slip had been a Senate practice for nearly one century. And during the past 100 years, before this presidency, the Senate confirmed only five judges with only one blue slip, and the last one was in 1989 – and in 100 years the Senate had never confirmed a judge without two blue slips."

But "since President Trump took office," Feinstein charged, "Republicans have held hearings for 12 circuit court nominees and voted to confirm seven – seven – over the objection of home-state Democrats."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-fumes-as-trump-administration-pushes-forward-with-9th-circuit-nominees-without-consulting-her

This pleases me.   :smokin:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This pleases me.   :smokin:

@Right_in_Virginia

The only way it could please me more would be if it caused Di-Fi to stroke-out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

@Right_in_Virginia

The only way it could please me more would be if it caused Di-Fi to stroke-out.

It's Sunday, it's Lent and I'm trying to be nice.  Let's talk tomorrow @sneakypete  :laugh:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Why/how is this about the administration?  I thought the blue slip was a Senate thing, only coming in after the candidates were submitted.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's Sunday, it's Lent and I'm trying to be nice.  Let's talk tomorrow @sneakypete  :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

Then let's all call for her to stroke-out today so Lent can be named a National Holiday.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Feinstein fumes as Trump administration pushes forward with 9th Circuit nominees without consulting her"

Good.
Let poor Senator Di "fume away" like some outta control incinerator smokestack.

Pound sand!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Hey Feinstein!

Who really has the power, an old hag like you or the Constitution?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Fume away!  Makes me happy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.