Author Topic: Hickenlooper expected to announce run for president next week  (Read 1907 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hickenlooper expected to announce run for president next week
by Zachary Halaschak
 | March 01, 2019 07:33 PM

John Hickenlooper has scheduled an event in Denver on March 7 where he is expected to join the throng of Democrats vying for the White House in 2020.

The former Democratic governor of Colorado, who has been mulling a run for months, received a permit to hold an event billed as a “celebration” in Denver’s Civic Center Park, the Colorado Sun reports. Sources close to Hickenlooper said Thursday that Hickenlooper would be announcing a run sometime during the first week of March.

Hinkenlooper, 67, will be part of a large field of Democratic candidates and will start firmly in the second tier, behind big names like Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Kamala Harris, Sen. Cory Booker and Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Former Vice President Joe Biden and former Rep. Beto O'Rourke have yet to announce decisions on whether to run.

Andy Boian, a political strategist who has informally advised the former governor over the years, told news outlet KDVR that Hickenlooper is running. “Hickenlooper is going to announce he is running for President of the United States at this event,” he said.

The March 7 permit indicates that 2,000 people are expected to attend the event.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/john-hickenlooper-expected-to-announce-run-for-president-next-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Hickenlooper expected to announce run for president next week
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 03:38:48 pm »
It is ending up being a bit like the GOP in 2016, in number only I'm saying, there's going to be a dozen-to-twenty running.  Some of those people I really, really don't want to see as candidates... they are all bad... maybe one should hope for the most radical to win... Kamala seems to have a chance but asking for reparations??

And per the Michael Medved show, you know how much of the white population alive today has any connection to the slave owners?  Less than 5%.  How can you ask for reparations with those kinds of numbers.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:29:33 am »
Gee ... I wonder if Kasich will campaign for him.  It wouldn't surprise me. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 01:30:06 pm »
Lot of this crap would cease if the FEC demanded better accounting of all campaign money
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 01:34:15 pm »
And per the Michael Medved show, you know how much of the white population alive today has any connection to the slave owners?  Less than 5%.  How can you ask for reparations with those kinds of numbers.
That doesn't matter. They will demand reparations from all white people. White privilege must be destroyed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 02:26:18 pm »
That doesn't matter. They will demand reparations from all white people. White privilege must be destroyed.

That's right, because even if none of your ancestors ever owned a slave or even thought of owning a slave, they profited sort of osmotically by being white off of other white people who did own slaves.  ....or something like that. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 02:27:33 pm »
That's right, because even if none of your ancestors ever owned a slave or even thought of owning a slave, they profited sort of osmotically by being white off of other white people who did own slaves.  ....or something like that.
I have ancestors who fought for the Confederacy, but did not own slaves. Nevertheless, I'm sure that makes me doubly liable for reparations.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 02:33:25 pm »
I have ancestors who fought for the Confederacy, but did not own slaves. Nevertheless, I'm sure that makes me doubly liable for reparations.

Apparently ours fought on both sides - does that cancel any obligation out?  One Union cancels out a Johnny Reb?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 02:37:28 pm »
Unlike other Democratic candidates vying for the White House, Hickenlooper has openly embraced the middle of the political spectrum. He and Republican John Kasich are friends and have collaborated together in recent years, including working on a joint plan to stabilize Obamacare.

Some have speculated the two moderate former governors might work together to form a unity ticket of sorts, although both have tried to tamp down those rumors.

"Hickenlooper, love him, the name is too long. Hickenlooper-Kasich, you couldn't fit it on a bumper sticker," Kasich told ABC in November.
Ugh. Hick should have stuck to beer brewing.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »
Great...  pot for everyone! /s

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:27 pm »
Welcome aboard the clown bus Chickenpooper.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 03:08:10 pm »
My white Great Grandparents were slaves in Sicily after the American Civil war. Who do i collect reparations from and When?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 03:13:17 pm »
My white Great Grandparents were slaves in Sicily after the American Civil war. Who do i collect reparations from and When?

No, you don't understand this whole "white privilege" thing.  Even if they were slaves (though everyone knows that white slaves were really indentured servants, not slaves at all), the fact that others did own slaves means that they enjoyed white privilege.  No soup for you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 03:15:51 pm »
John 'Voice in the Desert' Salisbury  ‏ @5Strat

Hickenlooper has BIG LEGAL PROBLEMS with EPA & National Park $$ used to turn Colorado into a Sanctuary State.  Illegal Immigrants in Denver, Boulder and the South part of the State is what got him elected in CO. Enjoy the Show.
10:12 AM - 4 Mar 2019

Sounds like a fun guy:
... His first term was marked by a series of disasters and tragedies, some of which he alluded to in his launch video — record wildfires and floods, the assassination of his own prison chief and the 2012 Aurora theater shooting, which killed 12. After that attack and the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting massacre in Connecticut months later, Hickenlooper called for gun control legislation and signed bills requiring universal background checks and limiting magazine capacity to 15 rounds.

He backed civil unions for gay couples and signed a law providing them in Colorado in 2013, before the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. Hickenlooper announced in 2013 that he opposed the death penalty and refused to execute a quadruple-murderer who was on death row. And, as he prepared to leave office and was openly mulling a presidential bid, he ordered the state to adopt California’s low-emission vehicle standards to fight climate change. ...
Breitbart

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 03:18:26 pm »
But wait, he's that moderate Dem we've all been waiting for, according to the NYT"
The New York Times
‏Verified account @nytimes

John Hickenlooper entered the race for president. A moderate Democrat, he helped revive Colorado’s economy in his 2 terms as governor.
6:38 AM - 4 Mar 2019
If there actually were a moderate Democrat running for president, I shudder to think how NYT would refer to him or her.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 04:31:53 pm »
David Burge   @iowahawkblog
9m9 minutes ago
Sadly for Hickenlooper, America has only elected one 4-syllable president, and that's only because he beat the Nazis

David Burge  @iowahawkblog
2m2 minutes ago
"Roosevelt" has 3 syllables you illiterate morons, I was referring to Eisenhower

:laugh:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 01:41:09 am »
Hickenlooper ain't gonna be another Eisenhower...

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 01:48:51 am »
Hickenlooper ain't gonna be another Eisenhower...

'Hickenlooper' isn't exactly presidential sounding.  The name is hilarious.  For starters someone mentioned 'chicken pooper'.  I don't care who you are, that there is funny! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 11:00:04 am »
What white privilege?
I have been getting screwed by government employees (IRS, just for starters) since I was 14, and never got any d@mned job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 11:04:49 am »
Sounds like a fun guy:Breitbart
His magazine limitations drove one of the premier magazine manufacturers out of Colorado (Magpul). Their main product, the 30 round AR-15 magazine (one of the best, if not the best), was no longer legal to possess, much less manufacture in the State. IIRC, he was hot on the idea of legalizing pot in the state as well, which has created a bunch of problems, despite crowing about the tax revenue. The dude's a disaster.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 11:06:12 am »
No, you don't understand this whole "white privilege" thing.  Even if they were slaves (though everyone knows that white slaves were really indentured servants, not slaves at all), the fact that others did own slaves means that they enjoyed white privilege.  No soup for you.
What about black slave owners? How do these people know they aren't descendants of owners, too?

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 02:35:33 pm »
'Hickenlooper' isn't exactly presidential sounding.  The name is hilarious.  For starters someone mentioned 'chicken pooper'.  I don't care who you are, that there is funny!

jon gabriel
@exjon

You can rearrange the letters in Hickenlooper to spell "Nice, pork-hole," which is a pretty decent debate insult.

6:26 PM - 4 Mar 2019
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 02:37:34 pm »
What about black slave owners? How do these people know they aren't descendants of owners, too?

You keep acting like you expect all of this to make actual sense.  **nononono*

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 05:04:21 pm »
Great...  pot for everyone! /s

Might be the way too go.  Keep the DEMS stoned and calmed the heck down. /s