Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29569 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #475 on: March 09, 2019, 06:14:06 pm »
I don't know if Moore is a "creep" or not, even if "everybody says" he is.  It's beside the point.  If a candidate is a creep, a week after the final ballots are printed is a suspicious time to allege it.

I'd like to see the 11th-hour dropping of sex-related allegations arrow be removed from the Rat's quiver of tactics against Republicans. 

It  worked like a charm against Moore, so well in fact they trotted it out within a year after the Kavenaugh hearings on the SJC were completed.  Republicans can count on a steady diet of this crap if they can't figure out how to stop it.  It's like a Pitcher who knows a Batter can't hit a a high, outside fastball.  He'll deliver nothing but that pitch until the batter learns how to hit it.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:13:04 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2019, 06:36:13 pm »
1. Is the issue merely the age of the females, or

2. Was Moore credibly accused of ever forcing himself on any female?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2019, 06:41:48 pm »
1. Is the issue merely the age of the females, or

2. Was Moore credibly accused of ever forcing himself on any female?

It's whatever it takes to separate a Republican from the Evangelicals, IOW it's both. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #479 on: March 09, 2019, 06:45:46 pm »
“I’m seriously considering it. I think that was stolen,” Moore said of the race during a Friday interview.

He should have thwarted the robbery with his girl gun.

Or people can take the picture for what it means, Moore was addressing (at their request) the gun rights group BamaCarry (of which I am a member)....  @edpc

It is a Constitutional Carry group and advocates for individuals to carry any method they prefer (be it Open Carry or as Roy Moore showed, Concealed Carry).... 

Roy was very supportive of our grassroots group (BamaCarry). BamaCarry is the largest gun rights group in the state and supports GOA moreso than the NRA (which has failed to promote gun rights in state that came up for votes, example: Castle rule to include cars).

But no, instead folks just squeak about size of the scary gun. I Conceal Carry myself and a gun not much bigger than Moore proudly showed and my second gun of choice is also a revolver.

https://www.bamacarry.org/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:20:17 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #480 on: March 09, 2019, 06:56:34 pm »
He should have thwarted the robbery with his girl gun.

A 2" .38 Special is not a "girl gun."  I know of a LAPD Homicide Detective who's daily carry was a gun exactly like the one in the photo you posted.  The inside-the-belt holster fit neatly in the small of the back under a suit coat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #481 on: March 09, 2019, 06:57:42 pm »
Or people can take the picture for what it means, Moore was addressing (at their request) the gun rights group BamaCarry (of which I am a member)....

It is a Constitutional Carry group and advocates for individuals to carry any method they prefer (be it Open Carry or as Roy Moore showed, Concealed Carry).... 

Roy was very supportive of our grassroots group (BamaCarry). BamaCarry is the largest gun rights group in the state and supports GOA moreso than the NRA (which has failed to promote gun rights in state that came up for votes, example: Castle rule to include cars).

But no, instead folks just squeak about size of the scary gun. I Conceal Carry myself and a gun not much bigger than Moore proudly showed and my second gun of choice is also a revolver.

https://www.bamacarry.org/

The 2" .38 is a great carry gun!

ETA:  I've seen liberals squawk that people carry to mask some sexual inferiority, then jeer that's a "girl gun."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:59:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #482 on: March 09, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »

You mean like when Arthur Jones ran in IL?
Arthur Jones was a paper candidate in a safe Democratic seat, running because they literally could not find a single Republican in that district willing to bother. He was never going to win.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #483 on: March 09, 2019, 07:17:54 pm »

https://www.rollcall.com/politics/roy-moore-wife-gun

In this case, it was literally a girl gun.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:18:32 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #484 on: March 09, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »

Cute.  Ask anybody who got shot in the face with a .38 if that was a "girl gun."  Oh wait...you can't because they're dead.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #485 on: March 09, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »

Big whoop. I carry a .38+P ladysmith airweight hammerless in my parka in the winter. It's light, will function in the pocket until empty. If I need to I'll shoot right through the coat with it. I'm not out to impress anyone with the size of my gun, I'm out to stop the criminal. What works, works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #486 on: March 09, 2019, 07:44:52 pm »

Thanks for the article.... If I am not mistaken the big balding fellow in the background is Eddie Fulmer (President of BamaCarry)...

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:53:07 pm by Sighlass »

Offline edpc

« Reply #487 on: March 09, 2019, 07:49:54 pm »
Some people should read a ballistics table. That's especially true, if you plan on shooting (wasting) a +P load from a 2" barrel through heavy clothing and into another person's heavy clothing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #488 on: March 09, 2019, 07:58:59 pm »
Some people should read a ballistics table. That's especially true, if you plan on shooting (wasting) a +P load from a 2" barrel through heavy clothing and into another person's heavy clothing.

Whatevs.  People choose their carry weapon with more considerations in mind than ballistics.  Is it light?  Is it reliable?  Is in maneuverable inside a large pocket?  As I stated above, I knew of a cop who carried that gun on the job every day, after he qualified for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to the topic...Would Roy Moore be a nightmare fo the GOP if he ran?  I dunno.  I know a lot of folks (who don't live in AL) would rather he didn't, whatever their reasons.  Afraid he'll snatch away a sure win in AL?  He'd be a PITA in the Senate of he did win?  Who knows.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2019, 08:54:57 pm »
Whatevs.  People choose their carry weapon with more considerations in mind than ballistics.  Is it light?  Is it reliable?  Is in maneuverable inside a large pocket?  As I stated above, I knew of a cop who carried that gun on the job every day, after he qualified for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to the topic...Would Roy Moore be a nightmare fo the GOP if he ran?  I dunno.  I know a lot of folks (who don't live in AL) would rather he didn't, whatever their reasons.  Afraid he'll snatch away a sure win in AL?  He'd be a PITA in the Senate of he did win?  Who knows.   :shrug:

Whatevs. Aside from reliability, ballistics are the only thing that matters. I know of a gunfight in 1986 between multiple FBI agents and two bank robbers in Miami that prove it. There was an entirely new law enforcement caliber created, due to it.

————————————————————-

Now, back to the topic. The biggest problems Moore had in the latter stages of the campaign were his disappearance and terrible representation. His campaign spokeswoman couldn’t even really speak for him. I don’t see him attracting top quality help in his effort.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2019, 09:16:40 pm »

————————————————————-

Now, back to the topic. The biggest problems Moore had in the latter stages of the campaign were his disappearance and terrible representation. His campaign spokeswoman couldn’t even really speak for him. I don’t see him attracting top quality help in his effort.

I wondered about that.  Was it the scandal distraction, or was it just poor planning?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2019, 09:25:49 pm »
Can I recommend the .357 with a 10" barrel?  Well over 1,000 ft-lbs.  Not very concealable though.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2019, 09:26:01 pm »

Why thank you for that. I guess I could spend all day digging for something more substantial.
The outside of the pocket is the thinnest part of the parka.
While I prefer .45 ACP, I'd only get one out through the pocket before the smokestack jam.
Surprise counts for a lot. This is just hand in pocket, bullet out, very close range. Lather, rinse, repeat. The second one (etc.) doesn't have to punch a new hole in the coat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #493 on: March 09, 2019, 09:34:29 pm »
I wondered about that.  Was it the scandal distraction, or was it just poor planning?

It was probably a little of both. I think he expected the party to fall in behind him - or at least Trump. Ivanka’s comments likely ended that. Without the people to handle the outside media blitz, he let them steer the course.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #494 on: March 09, 2019, 10:00:56 pm »
Can I recommend the .357 with a 10" barrel?  Well over 1,000 ft-lbs.  Not very concealable though.

Scrooge that girly concealed garbage, go for broke...

I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #495 on: March 09, 2019, 10:21:53 pm »
Scrooge that girly concealed garbage, go for broke...

As the story goes.....

An old-time sheriff was at a banquet. A woman approached him and said, "I see you're carrying your sidearm, Sheriff. Are you expecting trouble?" The sheriff replied, "No, Ma'am. If I was expecting trouble, I'd have brought my rifle."

Available in pistol calibers at a store near you.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #496 on: March 09, 2019, 10:25:59 pm »

I went to a rally in my neck of the woods (posted pictures in another thread) Moore put on about week and a half before the election (I don't remember exact time, I am getting old).... It was a circus with the media finally having to be told to stay back or be thrown out. The media was so aggressive that they started to take the center of the room (not allowing the voting audience from viewing)... It was the last meeting Moore held that was civil... Then you got late night comedians sending people to disrupt the meetings and to play the fool while harassing the members in attendance. The MSM reported on the disruptions more than the message which was negative for Moore... so he shifted gears and started doing more interviews and such instead of allowing the jerks to pull more stunts....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

How would you of proceeded ? If you couldn't hold a rally without the disruptions? It is easy to stand back now and say how you would of done a better job. But for most of us, I think we realize that it is hard to defend oneself while everything including the kitchen sink was being thrown at him. Not from just one side either, from the left the GOPe right, the swamp, the media, California billionaires funding fake bot campaigns against him.. fake YouTube commercials, fake Facebook pages... it just goes on and on and on...

I have never seen a dirtier election.... @edpc
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:45:40 pm by Sighlass »

Offline edpc

« Reply #497 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:03 pm »
It is easy to stand back now and say how you would of done a better job.

It was also easy to say it at the time and many did. When he did send people into the lion’s den, they were terrible. Janet Porter couldn’t or wouldn’t answer direct questions about statements Moore had made in the past. Ted Crockett made a fool of himself and was, quite literally, a mouth-breathing stereotype.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:01:09 pm by edpc »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #498 on: March 09, 2019, 11:14:35 pm »
The 2" .38 is a great carry gun!

ETA:  I've seen liberals squawk that people carry to mask some sexual inferiority, then jeer that's a "girl gun."

My favorite has always been the 3" S&W Model 36.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #499 on: March 09, 2019, 11:56:48 pm »

It was also easy to say it at the time and many did. When he did send people into the lion’s den, they were terrible. Janet Porter couldn’t or wouldn’t answer direct questions about statements Moore had made in the past.....

Into the Lion's Den... is about right.... gotcha questions that took quotes out of context.... I agree with Trump about just not going on shows like CNN... it ain't gonna come out in your favor.

Simple listen to the source of the quotes and see for yourself... Roy holds his own and then some...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4683713/roy-moore-calls-criminalizing-homosexuality

And I agree with every word Moore said... in context... in that they are both (acts homosexuality and bestiality) a moral precept in which the country was founded (both were illegal).

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:58:24 pm by Sighlass »