Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29563 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #450 on: March 09, 2019, 04:11:35 am »
That's right, @corbe

"...at this point, what difference does it make?"

Eff, Roy Moore!    :laugh:

Funny you Eff Moore but defend Michael Jackson in another thread....

Quote from: DC

I agree. ( that declaring guilt by the number of people in the chorus reeks of a lynch mob mentality.)

He had me since Billie Jean and Thriller.

Brilliant deviant.

The difference is you just don't care for Roy Moore's singing? Or that you just hate a constitutional ruling person in Congress.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #451 on: March 09, 2019, 04:14:19 am »
@Sighlass

I lived for a year in Egypt. Little kids would come up to me and ask where I was from. I would tell them Idaho. They would say/ask "You don't know where you're from?" I duh ho...I don't know...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #452 on: March 09, 2019, 04:29:31 am »
Odd choice there, Doug Jones defended UAB from a lawsuit for allowing a young gymnast (age 15, recruited at 14)  while she got statutory raped and drugged by half the football team and half the other athletic dept.

http://www.espn.com/magazine/vol5no12uab.html

*Crickets from you every time I pointed this out....

@Sighlass

What?  If you’re trying to make a point I don’t even see what it is. 

Whatever it is, we’re even, considering how many crickets I got from y’all when I pointed stuff out.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #453 on: March 09, 2019, 04:32:05 am »
Odd I pointed out this out (about how inappropriate it was to have someone in position of power in local democrat party handling the case) in the previous threads about Moore and you promptly ignored me or just went on a hissy fit of posting horse photos. It only came out by accident that he represented her at all.

It’s all very odd and very funny.

I posted that gif because Moore looked so ridiculous.  I can do it again if you want. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #454 on: March 09, 2019, 04:35:13 am »
@QueenCatofAragon  @corbe  @Smokin Joe  @DCPatriot  @Bigun  @musiclady

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

ha ha ha

(spit)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353074.0.html

ha ha ha

@bigheadfred

All righty, Fred, but turn that way when you spit and clean up after yourself.

Time to recharge the phone 🌚🌙

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #455 on: March 09, 2019, 05:20:56 am »
@Sighlass

What?  If you’re trying to make a point I don’t even see what it is. 

Whatever it is, we’re even, considering how many crickets I got from y’all when I pointed stuff out.

If you've met this man and your spidey sense is on then yeah @QueenCatofAragon,  Otherwise, be wise. The last pitch effort that @Bigun elucidated should in fact be fact.

So different. So different. But all the same way.

Proprietary.

Obstruction.

TMI

My wife was raped by a moneyed man when she was 13. They convicted him. A few days in jail. My (later to be) FIL went after him with a gun. They told him they would get him the next time. My wife was his first victim. But it took until the 4th time (another girl) before he did any real time. AND STILL (small rural shit) to this day, it is STILL that 13 year old girls fault. My wife. And we have been together for 33 years.

I don't see this with Moore. That is why I am asking for boots on the ground assessment, @Sighlass

I spent 5 years in prison with assholes who hurt women and kids. I get it. I get it. I killed a MF who was a predator. He was beating her. Poisoning her. Branding her. I dint kill him to save her. He made the mistake of trying to kill me. So I saved myself. That she thanked my wife later for me saving her..if that is how she felt, then I did.

Don't stop saying what you feel and believe @QueenCatofAragon . Don't stop. Nor should @Bigun. I think you are on the same sure. Just maybe one dune out of site of each-us. (no typos)

Peace out

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:32:10 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #456 on: March 09, 2019, 07:21:11 am »

I don't see this with Moore. That is why I am asking for boots on the ground assessment, @Sighlass

Thanks Fred, sorry to hear about your wife ... tough heartbreaking story. Good grief... 

But yeah, I have a sorta fixation on Roy Moore and keep a running tab on articles as I run across them. I have met him personally a few times over the years (mostly Tea Party meetings)... and he always seemed sincere in his beliefs but being a bit introverted because he was a heartfelt Christian Conservative (made him stand out from other politicians) .... Perhaps he does stand out and thus why he gets picked upon, but he is a good guy in our corner.

Anyhoo... I befriended a fellow that is about as interested in the subject as much as I am... except this fellow actually digs, where as I just seem to waste time chasing squirrels up a tree..... He has a small blogs where he posts about Moore ... and does a little more digging than I know how to do.

http://www.deerstandhill.com/

I am also part of Roy's wife's Facebook page... She keeps up updated almost daily also.... more so that Roy does on his page.

@bigheadfred

P.S. It is late and I noticed typos in my post, but you get the grunt of it's meaning... to lazy to correct them... please forgive.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:26:53 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #457 on: March 09, 2019, 02:54:17 pm »
@bigheadfred

You can count on me not stopping.  I've seen this play ran successfully against quite a few good men over the years and I'm sick of it.

I have no personal animosity toward anyone but the truth is the truth and I'm going to speak it for as long as I'm sucking air on this globe.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #458 on: March 09, 2019, 02:57:34 pm »
@Sighlass

Thanks for the link!  Hadn't seen that one before.  Keep the faith!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #459 on: March 09, 2019, 03:46:01 pm »
If you've met this man and your spidey sense is on then yeah @QueenCatofAragon,  Otherwise, be wise. The last pitch effort that @Bigun elucidated should in fact be fact.

So different. So different. But all the same way.

Proprietary.

Obstruction.

TMI

My wife was raped by a moneyed man when she was 13. They convicted him. A few days in jail. My (later to be) FIL went after him with a gun. They told him they would get him the next time. My wife was his first victim. But it took until the 4th time (another girl) before he did any real time. AND STILL (small rural shit) to this day, it is STILL that 13 year old girls fault. My wife. And we have been together for 33 years.

I spent 5 years in prison with assholes who hurt women and kids. I get it. I get it. I killed a MF who was a predator. He was beating her. Poisoning her. Branding her. I dint kill him to save her. He made the mistake of trying to kill me. So I saved myself. That she thanked my wife later for me saving her..if that is how she felt, then I did.

Don't stop saying what you feel and believe @QueenCatofAragon . Don't stop. Nor should @Bigun. I think you are on the same sure. Just maybe one dune out of site of each-us. (no typos)

Peace out

@bigheadfred

I’m really sorry about what happened to your wife. 

I would never call myself wise because I’m a flawed human being.  But I’m capable of reading & listening & weighing information, and making a decision based on that.  Which is what I did in Moore’s case.  A lot of the people on this forum will never agree.  That’s fine by me.  I’m not going to waste time trying to convince people when minds are set beyond all discussion.  I knew that to be the case when I laid out documentation of his financial shadiness, and it was either studiously ignored or outright denied in the service of needing to believe he’s a persecuted martyr.  You don’t change that kind of mindset.  But that’s okay.  Whoever is into that, it’s no money out of my pocket.

Now @Bigun, bless him, and a few other folks might crow and take that as me backing down, but they’d be wrong.  I’ve faced down a man who was screaming in my face and shoving me, and it wasn’t the first time.  I ain’t gonna shrink from discussion on a forum, even if I’m the only one holding out.  I’m saying there’s no point at this time, on this thread, of going round and round.  Nothing I could say or post would make a hair’s difference. 

I’ll say this—the type of man you describe?  The physically hyper-aggressive type who beats women?  Yeah, that’s not Roy Moore.  He’s the sneaky little misfit type—insecure, shunning the company of women his own age likely because he’s too socially awkward to know how to deal with them, but comfortable around much younger girls.  With them, he feels secure.  I very much get that vibe from him.  But you don’t, and the world still turns.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #460 on: March 09, 2019, 03:56:07 pm »
Now @Bigun, bless him, and a few other folks might crow and take that as me backing down,...

@QueenCatofAragon

I don't take it that way at all.  But I do have very different opinions about the character of Roy Moore and I will not stand idly by and let his character be assassinated. 

Have a GREAT weekend!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #461 on: March 09, 2019, 04:46:22 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

I don't take it that way at all.  But I do have very different opinions about the character of Roy Moore and I will not stand idly by and let his character be assassinated. 

Have a GREAT weekend!

@Bigun

You should have stopped  him before he accomplished it.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks, and to you, too!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #462 on: March 09, 2019, 04:58:04 pm »
@Bigun

You should have stopped  him before he accomplished it.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks, and to you, too!

@QueenCatofAragon

Accomplished what?

Graduating from the United States Military Academy at West Point?  Serving his country with honor and distinction in Vietnam?  Likewise serving his home state of Alabama for MANY years? 

Those are things I know for a fact he has done and there is proof beyond measure.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #463 on: March 09, 2019, 05:09:41 pm »
Roy Moore 'seriously considering' another Senate bid after 2017 failure
by Daniel Jativa
 | March 09, 2019 09:42 AM
 | Updated Mar 09, 2019, 10:32 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/roy-moore-seriously-considering-another-senate-bid-after-2017-failure
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #464 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:24 pm »
“I’m seriously considering it. I think that was stolen,” Moore said of the race during a Friday interview.

He should have thwarted the robbery with his girl gun.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #465 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
Roy Moore 'seriously considering' another Senate bid after 2017 failure
by Daniel Jativa
 | March 09, 2019 09:42 AM
 | Updated Mar 09, 2019, 10:32 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/roy-moore-seriously-considering-another-senate-bid-after-2017-failure

From the linked article:

This time around, however, the National Republican Senatorial Committee isn't keen on standing by a Moore candidacy, pledging to do everything in its power to block his ascension to the GOP nomination.

As if they stood by the Moore candidacy previously.  What a bunch of 1st class liars they are!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #466 on: March 09, 2019, 05:23:30 pm »
Is anyone living in Alabama on this thread?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #467 on: March 09, 2019, 05:24:48 pm »
Is anyone living in Alabama on this thread?

Yes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2019, 05:29:11 pm »
From the linked article:

This time around, however, the National Republican Senatorial Committee isn't keen on standing by a Moore candidacy, pledging to do everything in its power to block his ascension to the GOP nomination.

As if they stood by the Moore candidacy previously.  What a bunch of 1st class liars they are!

So the GOP should spend money and prestige this time on a candidate who's lost three statewide campaigns?  Is this your thesis?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #471 on: March 09, 2019, 05:37:19 pm »

So the GOP should spend money and prestige this time on a candidate who's lost three statewide campaigns?  Is this your thesis?

The very first thing they should do is stop misleading folks by acting as if they had supported Moore previously.  The second thing they should do is throw their full support behind whomever the good people of Alabama decide to nominate regardless of who that might be. That is, after all, how this is supposed to work!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:42:07 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #472 on: March 09, 2019, 05:45:10 pm »
The very first thing they should do is stop misleading folks by acting as if they had supported Moore previously.  The second thing they should do is throw their full support behind whomever the good people of Alabama decide to nominate regardless of who that might be. That is, after all, how this is supposed to work!

You mean like when Arthur Jones ran in IL?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #473 on: March 09, 2019, 05:50:06 pm »

You mean like when Arthur Jones ran in IL?

If the people of IL. nominated him, absolutely!  It is NOT the business of the party bosses in Washington to determine who the people of any state can or cannot nominate to be their representatives.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #474 on: March 09, 2019, 06:03:50 pm »

I don't know if Moore is a "creep" or not, even if "everybody says" he is.  It's beside the point.  If a candidate is a creep, a week after the final ballots are printed is a suspicious time to allege it.

I'd like to see the 11th-hour dropping of sex-related allegations arrow be removed from the Rat's quiver of tactics against Republicans. 

It  worked like a charm against Moore, so well in fact they trotted it out within a year after the Kavenaugh hearings on the SJC were completed.  Republicans can count on a steady diet of this crap if they can't figure out how to stop it.  It's like a Pitcher who knows a Batter can't hit a a high, outside fastball.  He'll deliver nothing but that pitch until the batter learns how to hit it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: