Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29570 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2019, 08:33:46 pm »
If fighting for good people against lies and innuendo cause us to lose then so be it and my explanation to the next generation will be easy!  Some lines should never be crossed for any reason ever.  Denying the truth in order to win is one of them.

If fifty million people say a foolish thing, is it still foolish?

Yes. Truth was never a popularity contest.
I have been the only person in the room who was right. After a couple of weeks, that was proven to all present, but for a time, it was a damned uncomfortable position. There was great pressure to 'go along' to 'get along' to give in to consensus. I would not, because I knew I was right. It took time to even get people to look at the data, to check the information, and after that, one by one, they let go of their emotional attachment to their positions and realized those positions were incorrect. Finally, the facts won.

Not all people (these were scientists and engineers, people uncommonly able to step back and look at evidence or the absence thereof), can de-link their emotions and selves from an idea well enough to consider it on the simple basis of what is. Which makes the idea of a jury trial scary enough, but especially means the court of public opinion is ever doomed to be populated by people who have been emotionally invested in a particular belief and who will not release that belief (and admit they were wrong), even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

It is the reason that AOCs "Green New Deal", "Gun Control", and so many other Liberal projects haven't been summarily dismissed as the garbage they are, and that such emotionally driven nonsense will continue to plague humanity and policy for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:35:11 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2019, 08:38:22 pm »
Of what good is a "victory" to the one who sells his soul to get it?
"We had to burn the village to save it". Seems to be the new definition of "winning".

You don't win unless you get what you want. Short of that might be "progress" (the root of "Progressive"), but it isn't winning.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2019, 08:38:46 pm »
@Smokin Joe

If this were a court of law, yeah.
One would think that when it comes to politically motivated accusations... and you don't get more politically motivated than a bombshell report withheld until just after the primary election... one should have even more skepticism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:25 pm »
Count me OUT!
Me, too, on compromise. Compromise is the path to where we are. Those 'expedients' have all but shredded the Constitution, wrecked public education, and if the GOP is to be irrelevant, maybe compromising to chase the "moderate vote' is how it got that way (Dem Lite). NO more.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2019, 08:47:27 pm »
If you were served a salad and told "There is one speck of fecal matter."  Would you eat it?

Not good analogy. We eat fecal matter...daily in most food. Are you kidding?  STARBUCKS coffee has fecal matter in it.  Do people drink it? 

Online libertybele

« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2019, 08:47:54 pm »
Me, too, on compromise. Compromise is the path to where we are. Those 'expedients' have all but shredded the Constitution, wrecked public education, and if the GOP is to be irrelevant, maybe compromising to chase the "moderate vote' is how it got that way (Dem Lite). NO more.

Agreed.  Compromising on principles to appease others is NOT the answer. As an example; there is no room for compromise on the sovereignty of our country, our rights under the constitution and the safety of our citizenry. None.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2019, 09:02:14 pm »
Has lost 3 times statewide,

Lost to a Democrat in a deep Red state. Oh, yeah, keep trying till you get it right.

Oh, and let's not forget, he basically stopped campaigning, I mean who does that?

It's not pragmatic and I'm sure the good people of Alabama will come up with a viable alternative... especially since they have been saying since last year, the other two guys, Mo Brooks and I forget his name, would have defeated the Democrat.

If they have a primary, I see it the same as some other returning candidates to a race, I'm not saying these guys are bad, it's just that their due date does not sell well.

Santorum in '16, I like Rick plenty,

Allen Keyes on running for president again in one of those past elections.

I would expect in a primary, Moore to get pretty low numbers, 17-19%. What kind of momentum does he have? It's not calling him a bad guy.
Lost to an 11th hour hot-button issue character assassination campaign waged on social media, the mass media by the left, enhanced by those on the Right triggered by hot button allegations who made no effort to check the allegations for veracity, but who joined the Leftist chorus of "crucify him", including the GOPe who cut him off from funds.

If Moore runs and the people choose someone else in the Primary, all this is moot, and the Democrats will have someone new to invent dirt on. Lather, rinse, repeat.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2019, 09:03:01 pm »
You don't bow to evil. You become more evil than the evil you are fighting. Then fight to win. Don't merely neutralize your enemy. Eliminate it. Completely.

Sadly, yes, that is where we are now.  Virtue signal and die or fight fire with fire.  If you steal food to feed your starving  family is that a crime? Think Venezuela.  To the do-gooders, on here, yes, it is a crime, but those who want to survive another day, see it as a fight/crime needed to SURVIVE.  I get that.  And I wanted to become a NUN. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »
Not good analogy. We eat fecal matter...daily in most food. Are you kidding?  STARBUCKS coffee has fecal matter in it.  Do people drink it?
I don't.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2019, 09:07:09 pm »
Lost to an 11th hour hot-button issue character assassination campaign waged on social media, the mass media by the left, enhanced by those on the Right triggered by hot button allegations who made no effort to check the allegations for veracity, but who joined the Leftist chorus of "crucify him", including the GOPe who cut him off from funds.

If Moore runs and the people choose someone else in the Primary, all this is moot, and the Democrats will have someone new to invent dirt on. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Correct.  Abraham Lincoln ran, what, 8 times before he won?   Or was it 11? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2019, 09:09:41 pm »
I don't.

lol I doubt it. Do employees wash their hands every time?  Just the facts.  You need to do research on what is allowed in our food.  Rat hair, dropping's......

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2019, 09:11:09 pm »
@Smokin Joe

If this were a court of law, yeah.
Oh, so to individuals the same standard should not apply?

If everyone in your world lives with a presumption of guilt, it must be a dismal place indeed.

If all I need to do is say you have strange relationships with family pets or farm animals and you're guilty, no evidence needed, (not that i"m saying that) where would that leave you? Think about it.

Accord the same requirements that others prove guilt before jumping on the bandwagon to declare someone evil. Otherwise, you're just another malicious gossip, and America has plenty of those already. They populate the MSM, and so-called 'entertainment' industry already.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2019, 09:12:42 pm »

Good grief.  We're not talking compromise or giving up of any basic values or anything like that.  What we do need to do, is work smart and effectively and actually try to win, instead of wild windmill tilting.  And, I've done my share of that, but we're past the time where that is a rational thing to do.  (If it ever was.)

Time to put on our big-boy and big-girl panties and deal with reality. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2019, 09:13:09 pm »

lol I doubt it. Do employees wash their hands every time?  Just the facts.  You need to do research on what is allowed in our food.  Rat hair, dropping's......
If you prepare your own food, wash it, etc. you can eliminate that. I don't have a cook staff.

I seldom eat out.

I grind my own coffee.

I drink distilled water.

Doubt away. Have fun with your salad.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2019, 09:14:13 pm »
Good grief.  We're not talking compromise or giving up of any basic values or anything like that.  What we do need to do, is work smart and effectively and actually try to win, instead of wild windmill tilting.  And, I've done my share of that, but we're past the time where that is a rational thing to do.  (If it ever was.)

Time to put on our big-boy and big-girl panties and deal with reality. 

Dear, Big boys don't wear panties. You're already off to a bad start.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »

It works in this metaphor.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2019, 09:18:05 pm »
One would think that when it comes to politically motivated accusations... and you don't get more politically motivated than a bombshell report withheld until just after the primary election... one should have even more skepticism.

@jmyrlefuller

That’s reasonable.  When the story about Moore broke, I didn’t know much about the guy, but my first impulse was skepticism.  Still, I decided to wait & see what kind of information came out—same as with Kavanaugh.

With the latter, it became obvious very quickly that it was a clown show.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online libertybele

« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:28 pm »

These days, it depends on what type of  'Big Boys' we're talking about.   *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2019, 09:29:03 pm »

I'll remember that next time somebody tells you to ESAD... :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2019, 09:29:12 pm »
If you prepare your own food, wash it, etc. you can eliminate that. I don't have a cook staff.

I seldom eat out.

I grind my own coffee.

I drink distilled water.

Doubt away. Have fun with your salad.

Ok, fine.

I am into gourmet cooking and cook most of my food from scratch.  Don't forget to grind your own black pepper too. (rat poo found in already ground black pepper)  Same thing here. I also wash my fruit & vegetables with homemade solution. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2019, 09:31:14 pm »
I'll remember that next time somebody tells you to ESAD... :whistle:

You mean, when someone tells you that.   :0001:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2019, 09:35:31 pm »
Oh, so to individuals the same standard should not apply?

If everyone in your world lives with a presumption of guilt, it must be a dismal place indeed.

If all I need to do is say you have strange relationships with family pets or farm animals and you're guilty, no evidence needed, (not that i"m saying that) where would that leave you? Think about it.

Accord the same requirements that others prove guilt before jumping on the bandwagon to declare someone evil. Otherwise, you're just another malicious gossip, and America has plenty of those already. They populate the MSM, and so-called 'entertainment' industry already.

@Smokin Joe

Good grief, do you feel better?

I knew this would be your response—the accusation that people outside of court don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.  I took the chance that I was wrong and didn’t bother to type it out, but I see it’s necessary after all. 

Outside a court of law, individuals can arrive at their own assumptions.  The smart way to do it is to wait for information—to see what comes out, weigh it, and make your decision.  Which is what I did, as I have stated over and over, and with you specifically.

Sear it into your brain this time, because I’m not repeating it.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2019, 09:37:47 pm »
@Smokin Joe

because I’m not repeating it.
Good. thanks.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2019, 09:44:46 pm »

You mean, when someone tells you that.   :0001:

No, I meant what I said.  Take a quick look above my Avatar.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2019, 10:42:33 pm »
Of what good is a "victory" to the one who sells his soul to get it?

Ok, what do you get from defeat even though your self-rightous?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/