Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29571 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2019, 05:02:06 pm »
BS!  When you understand their playbook it becomes very easy to defeat them!

BS back at you!  If it's so easy, why have we failed so miserably up to now?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2019, 05:02:38 pm »
You don't bow to evil. You become more evil than the evil you are fighting. Then fight to win. Don't merely neutralize your enemy. Eliminate it. Completely.

How is running a DIFFERENT solid conservative evil...it seems like its simply electing a staunch conservative to a key Senate seat. Is Roy Moore the only solid conservative in the state of Alabama?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2019, 05:04:03 pm »
BS back at you!  If it's so easy, why have we failed so miserably up to now?

Because too many players on our team STILL haven't learned the plays in their playbook!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2019, 05:04:53 pm »

Kori Schake
 âœ”  @KoriSchake 

Dwight Eisenhower: "if a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power."

4:16 AM - Mar 1, 2019
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »
Because too many players on our team STILL haven't learned the plays in their playbook!

That I agree with!  And, that's what I am advocating for.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:09:43 pm by Sanguine »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2019, 05:11:04 pm »
Has lost 3 times statewide,

Lost to a Democrat in a deep Red state. Oh, yeah, keep trying till you get it right.

Oh, and let's not forget, he basically stopped campaigning, I mean who does that?

It's not pragmatic and I'm sure the good people of Alabama will come up with a viable alternative... especially since they have been saying since last year, the other two guys, Mo Brooks and I forget his name, would have defeated the Democrat.

If they have a primary, I see it the same as some other returning candidates to a race, I'm not saying these guys are bad, it's just that their due date does not sell well.

Santorum in '16, I like Rick plenty,

Allen Keyes on running for president again in one of those past elections.

I would expect in a primary, Moore to get pretty low numbers, 17-19%. What kind of momentum does he have? It's not calling him a bad guy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:14:07 pm by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2019, 05:14:04 pm »
How is running a DIFFERENT solid conservative evil...it seems like its simply electing a staunch conservative to a key Senate seat. Is Roy Moore the only solid conservative in the state of Alabama?

'Simply electing' is a fantasy. It doesn't matter how staunch, how flawless a candidate is, the opposition stops at nothing to disembowel or discredit them.

Do the same in return. People are stupid. Use their stupidity against them. Reason and/or rationality is useless.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2019, 05:15:27 pm »
That I agree with!  And, that's what I am advocating for.

Good! Then we agree! For a while there I thought you were suggesting we just ignore the lies and the reputations of people brave enough to take up the mantle and run for office.  Glad to know I was mistaken about that.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2019, 05:30:54 pm »
Good! Then we agree! For a while there I thought you were suggesting we just ignore the lies and the reputations of people brave enough to take up the mantle and run for office.  Glad to know I was mistaken about that.

Ah, but I was.  I am saying we need to identify the ~5 top objectives and do what we need to do to accomplish those.  I am saying that a losing candidate's reputation doesn't get anywhere near the top of the list of priorities.  Can you imagine what the outcome would have been had Washington, Franklin, Revere, and all of those fine men worried about their names over accomplishing establishing our nation?  Seriously?

And, since the winners write the history, those men's reputations are good and intact. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2019, 05:35:38 pm »
Compromising with what you see as evil most likely is required if Republicans are to stay relevant.

In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2019, 05:39:22 pm »

@Hoodat, I've been meaning to ask - who is the winsome young lady in your avatar?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2019, 05:40:05 pm »
Ah, but I was.  I am saying we need to identify the ~5 top objectives and do what we need to do to accomplish those.  I am saying that a losing candidate's reputation doesn't get anywhere near the top of the list of priorities.  Can you imagine what the outcome would have been had Washington, Franklin, Revere, and all of those fine men worried about their names over accomplishing establishing our nation?  Seriously?

And, since the winners write the history, those men's reputations are good and intact.

If you don't defend the reputations of your candidates you soon won't have any candidates worth having!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2019, 05:42:58 pm »
If you don't defend the reputations of your candidates you soon won't have any candidates worth having!

If that's where we put our energy, their reputations will not matter. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2019, 05:46:13 pm »
If that's where we put our energy, their reputations will not matter.

More football practice for you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2019, 05:57:18 pm »

I don't believe that one side is good and the other is evil. I think the world is more complicated than that.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2019, 06:00:07 pm »
I don't believe that one side is good and the other is evil. I think the world is more complicated than that.

If you were served a salad and told "There is one speck of fecal matter."  Would you eat it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2019, 06:01:08 pm »
One can say what was more acceptable at the time, the thing is, the guy has set himself up to be a moral authority, less wiggle-room to be hypocritical.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2019, 06:04:22 pm »
If you were served a salad and told "There is one speck of fecal matter."  Would you eat it?

That depends on how hungry I am.  :laugh:
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »
That depends on how hungry I am.  :laugh:

It is not a put down for you don't appear to be a "social conservative", that is important to some of us.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2019, 06:13:49 pm »
that is important to some of us.

You're losing that fight though. You're losing it badly. You're going to lose everything else in the process if you don't regroup.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2019, 06:18:42 pm »
You're losing that fight though. You're losing it badly. You're going to lose everything else in the process if you don't regroup.

Well then, your mission is clear:  Get conservatives to abandon their principles.  Good luck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2019, 06:20:04 pm »

Really???  Based on the trash you read in Newspapers and see on the TEE  VEE? 

Poll Shows ‘Dramatic Shift’ in Support for Pro-Life Policies

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2019, 06:29:00 pm »
'Simply electing' is a fantasy.

Simply losing is a nightmare.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2019, 08:28:54 pm »
Like it or not, If he has not been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he is. There is more than enough room for reasonable doubt.

@Smokin Joe

If this were a court of law, yeah. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2019, 08:31:22 pm »
These Roy Moore threads are like football practice.  Learning how to recognize the plays in the opposition's playbook.  If we do it enough we might get good at it!

Lol
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh