Author Topic: Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'  (Read 4592 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'
« on: February 20, 2019, 02:13:27 pm »
Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'
By Brett Samuels - 02/20/19 09:02 AM EST

Share to Twitter

President Trump on Wednesday labeled The New York Times "a true enemy of the people" one day after an extensive report detailing the ways in which he has sought to influence the investigations into his presidency and allies.

"The New York Times reporting is false," Trump tweeted. "They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/430716-trump-declares-new-york-times-enemy-of-the-people
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:00 am »
Bravo!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:50:56 am »
When you're right, you're right.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 02:00:48 am »
Since I see so few positive discussions about Trump on these pages I’ll take this opportunity to say that none of his primary challengers would have had the chutzpah and skills to have branded the media as Fake News, and make it stick.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:20 am »
@mystery-ak

Trump said,"The New York Times reporting is false," Trump tweeted. "They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"
Last week, law enforcement arrested a Lt. in the Coast Guard because he was going to kill various news reporters, their names were on a list, but none from Fox.  He was going to kill Democrat legislators whose names were on the list.  He had many weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo.  He was taking out Trump's "enemies".

This new tweet of Trump's about the New York Times, "They are a true "ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE", may set off another worshiper of Trump, and  people at the New York Times get killed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:36:24 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 02:38:42 am »
Bravo!

Yes @Fishrrman   The media has been the enemy of the people for at least three years.  I only hope Justice Clarence Thomas is able to get the law changed so that it will be easier to sue the various news sources for outright lies.

They should not be able to do this without consequences.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 02:51:51 am »
Since I see so few positive discussions about Trump on these pages I’ll take this opportunity to say that none of his primary challengers would have had the chutzpah and skills to have branded the media as Fake News, and make it stick.

This site has suddenly become a haven for Trump bashers.  These are people who enjoy whining and nit picking about the best President we've had in a long time.

These people are ruining the site for me, but I still check in occasionally to see if there is anything worth commenting on and I also try to find worthwhile new topics to post.  But I'm not gonna bother with a 1000 post thread of people arguing and insulting.  We should be better than that.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 03:02:56 am »
The slimes has been called out. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 03:06:46 am »
He called the seizure of Cohen's records 'an attack on our country.' We know how that turned out. Haberman must have some solid sourcing on her story.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:14:32 am »
Yes @Fishrrman   The media has been the enemy of the people for at least three years.  I only hope Justice Clarence Thomas is able to get the law changed so that it will be easier to sue the various news sources for outright lies.

They should not be able to do this without consequences.

I'm seeing a lot people on the far left advocating for the same s**t that you are advocating.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 03:27:04 am »
The NY Times isn't the only news source that is not credible.  Most MSM partake in some type of slanted journalism and report from a liberal viewpoint.  This is been going on for years. It's how Bammy got elected.  On the flip side ... Hannity is very much responsible for getting Trump elected. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 03:44:10 am »

You're right!

Trump is bold, aggressive and relentless. It is refreshing.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 03:46:56 am »
The NY Times isn't the only news source that is not credible.  Most MSM partake in some type of slanted journalism and report from a liberal viewpoint.  This is been going on for years. It's how Bammy got elected.  On the flip side ... Hannity is very much responsible for getting Trump elected.

Hannity doesn't claim to be unbiased. He doesn't claim to be a reporter.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 03:50:42 am »
Hannity doesn't claim to be unbiased. He doesn't claim to be a reporter.

“I'm a journalist,” he said. “But I'm an advocacy journalist or an opinion journalist.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/29/sean-hannity-now-claims-to-be-a-journalist-he-should-be-judged-as-such/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.17f0a6f19797
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 03:56:37 am »

I'm seeing a lot people on the far left advocating for the same s**t that you are advocating.

You cannot name ONE person on the left advocating for the media to be held accountable when they lie.  Don't hand me that bull.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 04:01:01 am »
I do have to ask.....

Why just the NYT, and not WaPo, MSNBC, CBS, and others.

IF he is going to declare war, he better damn take the scorched earth appoach.  Otherwise this will be made out as a petty vendetta.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 04:03:46 am »

LOL! You mean he has a keen ability to state the obvious.
BFD.

MSM has been the enemy of the people as long as I have been alive.
So wow. color me unimpressed.

And in the mean time, Those against him certainly won't listen to him, so what is gained in the rhetoric?

He is simply preaching to his choir.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 04:06:54 am »
The slimes has been called out.

Yeah... forty years ago...

Yawn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 04:07:17 am »
I do have to ask.....

Why just the NYT, and not WaPo, MSNBC, CBS, and others.

IF he is going to declare war, he better damn take the scorched earth appoach.  Otherwise this will be made out as a petty vendetta.

Not at all.  Every media source you named is corrupt.  He said the New York Times but he did not say only the New York Times.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 04:08:27 am »
BFD.

And in the mean time, Those against him certainly won't listen to him, so what is gained in the rhetoric?

I share the same sentiment.  OTOH...The best way to kill the beast is to cut off the head.   This means taking any means necessary to break these mofos  financially.   While the left remains organized, our side needs to be doing the same.  Killing the printed media would be a good start.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 04:09:48 am »

Do you watch Hannity?  I bet you don't.  Hannity is watched by people who already like Trump but he is also more fair than most news sources on the left.

And Hannity is in no way responsible for getting Trump elected.  The people are.  You might think about checking the election results.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 04:11:29 am »
I share the same sentiment.  OTOH...The best way to kill the beast is to cut off the head.   This means taking any means necessary to break these mofos  financially.   While the left remains organized, our side needs to be doing the same.  Killing the printed media would be a good start.

Let it die, smothered under its own lies.
Giving uncle nanny the ability to choose will have unintended consequences.

In the mean time, let's work on promoting sources that can be trusted, and requiring real news from them, instead of our own brand of propaganda.

That is the way forward.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 04:12:55 am »

Once the Supreme Court steps in (Thank you Clarence Thomas) and the media sees the possibility of heavy fines and settlements coming their way, they will cut way back on the lying.  See, right now, someone suing the media for libel has to prove something almost unproveable.  If this is changed, watch out.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 04:14:00 am »
Do you watch Hannity?  I bet you don't.  Hannity is watched by people who already like Trump but he is also more fair than most news sources on the left.

And Hannity is in no way responsible for getting Trump elected.  The people are.  You might think about checking the election results.

Hannity is a pompous ass and a mouthpiece for the DOPe.
Any doubt of that was proven false by his treatment of Roy Moore.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 04:14:24 am »
BFD.

Yes, it does seem rather petty.  Last time I checked he has much larger problems like building a wall and securing our borders which is no longer going to happen because he opted to sign a crappy disastrous bill rather than stand his ground.

He should have declared a national emergency his first year in office  when he had a full majority which would have likely avoided this past shutdown and all the lawsuits against him he now faces.  Instead he declares an emergency after he loses the House and also threatens to declare an emergency giving the leftists plenty of time to get their plan of action together to stop him.  Trump failed on this one, BIGLY.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.