Author Topic: Trump administration moves to cut off some Planned Parenthood funding  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump administration moves to cut off some Planned Parenthood funding
by Kimberly Leonard
 | February 22, 2019 01:48 PM

The Trump administration posted a final rule Friday that would require family planning clinics to be housed in separate buildings from abortion clinics, a move that would cut off Planned Parenthood from some federal funding.

The rule applies to a $286 million-a-year grant, known as Title X, that pays for birth control, testing of sexually transmitted diseases, and cancer screenings for 4 million low-income people. It requires the "physical and financial" separation of family planning services and abortion.

Federal funds are not permitted to go toward abortions except in the cases of rape, incest, or if a woman's pregnancy threatens her life. Abortion foes, however, have long fought for rules along the lines of the one advanced Friday because they say allocating federal funds toward clinics such as Planned Parenthood frees up additional funds to provide abortions. The organization receives between $50 million and $60 million from Title X.

Planned Parenthood vowed to do everything it could to fight back, including through the courts.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/trump-administration-moves-to-cut-off-some-planned-parenthood-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump administration moves to cut off some Planned Parenthood funding
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:03:57 am »
@TomSea I'm surprised to see no comments here.  I'm grateful if this will actually reduce tax support of PP.  Is everyone else in on the joke?  Why are no ET's gloating?  Is abortion not a GOP issue anymore?   :shrug:

If President Trump can pull this off I will definitely revisit my Trump = Anti-Christ conspiracy.  Perhaps soon we will know why previous Presidents have not defunded PP with the stroke of a pen, and it may take decades to assess the consequences of President Trump's precedent. BUT, if it saves some lives I will give thanks, and I am sincerely happy we have an issue we can agree on President Trump pushed the envelope to solve a problem.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 04:01:18 am »
@The Ghost  posted this in life news. This is almost a problem in that people are not seeing articles in that forum. There have been quite a few articles about what has gone on in this new administration though, this was on the national news.

I use to think PP was a special interest of the Democrats but in a way, they are absolutely a puppet master of the Democratic party, pretty shameful and states have said they were going to sue. Defund PP... for ever...

@Once-Ler , Trump should be put up for Sainthood.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:02:17 am by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:41:20 am »
Why just some? If he's truly the "most pro life President ever" as some claim...cut it all off.

And veto any spending bill that shows up on his desk with even a dollar for PP.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 04:54:43 am »
@TomSea I'm surprised to see no comments here.  I'm grateful if this will actually reduce tax support of PP.

It won't.  PP will still get the same amount of subsidy dollars as before, much of which will end up in Democrat campaign coffers.

The point of the rule will be to force PP to open new offices that don't offer abortion, just like other family planning organizations do.  But the prudent thing to do would be to give the money to the other organizations instead since they already do what Trump is asking.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 05:29:48 am »
It won't.  PP will still get the same amount of subsidy dollars as before, much of which will end up in Democrat campaign coffers.

The point of the rule will be to force PP to open new offices that don't offer abortion, just like other family planning organizations do.  But the prudent thing to do would be to give the money to the other organizations instead since they already do what Trump is asking.

It won't stop the phony victory lap, all the same...