Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46631 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #700 on: January 28, 2019, 05:05:20 pm »
Only if you rename the Gulf of Mexico.  Change it to the Gulf of Texas and give citizenship to those of us working here, and I'm all in.

You will have to pass a citizenship test.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #701 on: January 28, 2019, 05:05:53 pm »
Only if you rename the Gulf of Mexico.  Change it to the Gulf of Texas and give citizenship to those of us working here, and I'm all in.

There should also be a provision that you guys have to keep Sheila Jackson Lee.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #702 on: January 28, 2019, 05:08:29 pm »
Now wait just a damn minute.  The Gulf renaming affects Florida too.

There’s already a Gulf of Florida – right between those choppers.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #703 on: January 28, 2019, 05:28:30 pm »

Here’s the problem:  Trump initially entered the campaign as an anti-establishment candidate. The first thing he did, after being elected, is embrace the establishment. He has no one to blame but himself, for the current political predicament.

@edpc

You blame him? He was basically alone with no allies other than the voters,and we all know the voters have zero influence once an election is over. He needed support,and the ONLY place to get it was from establishment pols.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #704 on: January 28, 2019, 05:29:52 pm »

Here’s the problem:  Trump initially entered the campaign as an anti-establishment candidate. The first thing he did, after being elected, is embrace the establishment. He has no one to blame but himself, for the current political predicament.

It was two years ago that Trump entered the campaign. You gotta reach back that far?

Look, he embraced the establishment as you put it – maybe as you would have done too – because he needed to rapidly fill hundreds of top level positions in his new administration. He wasn’t a DC insider, he had no way of knowing who the good hires were. And without enough connections in Washington to put together a working administration, he had to rely on the few RNC people willing to work with him to screen and hire top people.

You go ahead and try it. You’ve just been elected President of the United States. Now...immediately fill thousands of positions. Let’s see what your success rate at hiring quality employees would be.

Notice that most of the early hires are gone now. And Trump’s doing fine now with no help from you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #705 on: January 28, 2019, 05:35:27 pm »
And Trump’s doing fine now with no help from you.

Sure he is. He is fighting for his political life, due to inaction and terrible political instincts. It’s entirely self-inflicted.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #706 on: January 28, 2019, 05:44:43 pm »
Look, he embraced the establishment as you put it – maybe as you would have done too – because he needed to rapidly fill hundreds of top level positions in his new administration. He wasn’t a DC insider, he had no way of knowing who the good hires were. And without enough connections in Washington to put together a working administration, he had to rely on the few RNC people willing to work with him to screen and hire top people.

You go ahead and try it. You’ve just been elected President of the United States. Now...immediately fill thousands of positions. Let’s see what your success rate at hiring quality employees would be.

Total fail.
He isn't a political outsider - Many of these are his friends.
He wasn't alone. He had a political machine built way ahead of time.
Part of that machine is a research arm, weighing potential.

After the win, that research branch would immediately begin vetting hires, with nearly 90 days to do it (during transition), if it wasn't already done ahead of time, as the candidate was looking like a win for some months.

Only an idiot would walk into the most powerful position in the world empty handed...
But if that's the way you see it...  :shrug:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #707 on: January 28, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »
Now wait just a damn minute.  The Gulf renaming affects Florida too.

Sorry honey, Florida doesn't allow drilling.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #708 on: January 28, 2019, 06:32:30 pm »
You will have to pass a citizenship test.

Does that involve knowing where the best BBQ joints are?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #709 on: January 28, 2019, 06:39:19 pm »

Entered?  Hardly.  Trump didn't jump on board with all the 'Drain the Swamp' rhetoric until a few weeks before election day.  Up until then, he had saved Mitch McConnell's political career, allowed the GOPe to stack the Convention and re-write all the rules in their favor, and most importantly, destroy the biggest enemy the Establishment had - Ted Cruz.

But once elected, he demonstrated his allegiance to the establishment by naming Reince Priebus as his Chief of Staff while giving free reign to the GOPe to tighten their power over the State parties.  And then there's Paul Manafort, the man who torpedoed Ronald Reagan's candidacy in 1976.  Can't get more establishment than that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #710 on: January 28, 2019, 06:40:07 pm »

And Mexican food joints as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #711 on: January 28, 2019, 06:40:46 pm »

Couldn't hurt....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #712 on: January 28, 2019, 06:45:16 pm »
Couldn't hurt....

This one is fantastic.  Stanley's BBQ in Tyler.

When I ate there, I accidentally dribbled some sauce on my shirt.  I am never washing that shirt again.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #713 on: January 28, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »
And Mexican food joints as well.

You mean with real enchiladas?  Stacked?  Fry a tortilla, top it with sauce, then another tortilla, more sauce, tortilla, sauce, etc.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #714 on: January 28, 2019, 06:49:58 pm »
This one is fantastic.  Stanley's BBQ in Tyler.

When I ate there, I accidentally dribbled some sauce on my shirt.  I am never washing that shirt again.

I recommend Railhead Smokehouse in Ft. Worth too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #715 on: January 28, 2019, 06:50:24 pm »
You mean with real enchiladas?  Stacked?  Fry a tortilla, top it with sauce, then another tortilla, more sauce, tortilla, sauce, etc.

Damn you're gonna make me break my diet...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2019, 06:53:55 pm »

Of course.  You're in.

Offline edpc

« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »
Entered?  Hardly.  Trump didn't jump on board with all the 'Drain the Swamp' rhetoric until a few weeks before election day.  Up until then, he had saved Mitch McConnell's political career, allowed the GOPe to stack the Convention and re-write all the rules in their favor, and most importantly, destroy the biggest enemy the Establishment had - Ted Cruz.

But once elected, he demonstrated his allegiance to the establishment by naming Reince Priebus as his Chief of Staff while giving free reign to the GOPe to tighten their power over the State parties.  And then there's Paul Manafort, the man who torpedoed Ronald Reagan's candidacy in 1976.  Can't get more establishment than that.

I could’ve sworn he called the Colorado primary rigged and the GOP corrupt, during the early campaign.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #718 on: January 28, 2019, 06:56:52 pm »

Sure he is. He is fighting for his political life, due to inaction and terrible political instincts. It’s entirely self-inflicted.

Last I heard he's giving sex tours of the White House... :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #719 on: January 28, 2019, 07:07:22 pm »

Somehow I really fail to see any humor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #720 on: January 28, 2019, 07:28:21 pm »

Somehow I really fail to see any humor.

Trump’s their ball of yarn when they get bored.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #721 on: January 28, 2019, 07:50:34 pm »
Trump’s their ball of yarn when they get bored.

You can't just disagree with one poster, can you?  You have to tar and feather an entire group with a specious attack.

Pathetic.  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #722 on: January 28, 2019, 08:25:57 pm »
You can't just disagree with one poster, can you?  You have to tar and feather an entire group with a specious attack.

So ... you consider yourself 'they' @musiclady ???  Were you mentioned?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #723 on: January 28, 2019, 08:33:04 pm »

What's really pathetic is the abysmal disloyalty of Trump supporters who cannot stand by the President through a small setback ... one for which others were mostly to blame.

He's not the most elegant or eloquent guy but he is, by far, the most conservative President we've had in a coon's age.  (can I say that?)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #724 on: January 28, 2019, 08:39:21 pm »

I reported you to the mods for this distasteful and unacceptable post.

Yes, I am a tattle-tale.  Deal with it.