Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46612 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #675 on: January 28, 2019, 12:42:10 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

I left you alone to enjoy your "vacation" from here.  I didn't want to put any pressure on you to try to get you back.  I have missed you.  Try to stay out of trouble.  22222frying pan

@Victoria33

I wondered where you were, lol.  You don't qualify as something I'd want vacation from.

Staying out of trouble is no fun at all.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:17 am »
   To be honest @XenaLee I haven't smirked in over a week, I thought that was obvious by my overall intolerance lately.

@corbe   I've been away and haven't had a chance to congratulate you on having your girlfriend back.

Or is it really your girlfriend?  It could be because she used her very first post to ding me.

Maybe she just changed her name to get off all the ignore lists, or maybe it's an even more pretentious version of her?

Anyway, I'm not all that comfortable with @mystery-ak allowing people to either plagiarize a former member's name or change their own user name.  I could change my user name and everyone would like me ... at least for a while.

And then nobody could spend hours looking up all my past posts to threaten me with.

How about it, mystery?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2019, 01:50:06 am »
@corbe   I've been away and haven't had a chance to congratulate you on having your girlfriend back.

Or is it really your girlfriend?  It could be because she used her very first post to ding me.

Maybe she just changed her name to get off all the ignore lists, or maybe it's an even more pretentious version of her?

Anyway, I'm not all that comfortable with @mystery-ak allowing people to either plagiarize a former member's name or change their own user name.  I could change my user name and everyone would like me ... at least for a while.

And then nobody could spend hours looking up all my past posts to threaten me with.

How about it, mystery?

@Emjay

Nah, I just happened to see you post that you were afraid of waking the sleeping queen.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to live, royally, in your head.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline corbe

« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2019, 01:55:00 am »
   @Emjay I categorically deny that I'm having an affair with @LegalAmerican  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2019, 01:58:01 am »
@Emjay

Nah, I just happened to see you post that you were afraid of waking the sleeping queen.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to live, royally, in your head.

That's not where you live, sweetie, I don't believe it's the old Catherine ... she was slightly more subtle, but whatever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #680 on: January 28, 2019, 01:58:41 am »
   @Emjay I categorically deny that I'm having an affair with @LegalAmerican  wink777

You can deny it all you want @corbe but I have the pictures.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #681 on: January 28, 2019, 02:02:04 am »
That's not where you live, sweetie, I don't believe it's the old Catherine ... she was slightly more subtle, but whatever.

@Emjay

It's not less subtlety, it's giving fewer shits, but believe as thou choosest.

Offline corbe

« Reply #682 on: January 28, 2019, 02:06:38 am »
   @Emjay I did have a very close friend here, momentarily, early this month @MoMo she quite frankly told me my attitude toward President Trump 'set her hair on fire'.  I just spent 4 days with her and her husband, old, old Friend.  I will admit that while I was at their house I used her TBR account to post a couple of times (as a Trumper), she was pissed and made me delete all her/mine posts.  She hasn't called since I left.   Long story short @QueenCatofAragon has nothing to do with me and I believe is indeed that Catherine from months past.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:38:01 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #683 on: January 28, 2019, 03:28:07 am »
   @Emjay I did have a very close friend here, momentarily, early this month @MoMo she quite frankly told me my attitude toward President Trump 'set her hair on fire'.  I just spent 4 days with her and her husband, old, old Friend.  I will admit that while I was at their house I used her TBR account to post a couple of times (as a Trumper), she was pissed and made me delete all her/mine posts.  She hasn't called since I left.   Long story short @QueenCatofAragon has nothing to do with me and I believe is indeed that Catherine from months past.

@corbe that was a really sheety thing to do.  Why did you do it?  You must have been drunk.  Everyone is not as forgiving as I am.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:49:57 pm by MOD8 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #684 on: January 28, 2019, 04:16:32 am »
Fat Farting Santa

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #685 on: January 28, 2019, 04:26:14 am »
Fat Farting Santa

Fleeing Fearful Scent (thanks for the warning)

:bolt:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #686 on: January 28, 2019, 04:38:33 am »
Fat Farting Santa

Somewhere in the back of my head, mixed in amongst the other voices and probably coming from the fillings in my teeth, there's always a song or two playing. 

The timing was perfect.  Just as I read your post, I heard Geoff Tate (Queensryche) sing "Fat Farting Santa" in place of "Jet City Woman".  One of those amazing coincidences of timing, like when you change radio stations and find that the exact same song is being played at the exact same time on both stations.

This one's going to stick with me like the April Wine classic Just Between Bruce and Steve.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #687 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:01 am »
@catfish1957
@Bigun
@corbe
@dfwgator
@Sanguine
@XenaLee
@thackney
@Elderberry

(and any other Texas Briefers I may have left off the list).

Can't we just secede already and be done with this nonsense?

Agree 100%.

A federal government and lawmakers who are 100% devoid of any fiscal responsibility, and a so called GOP POTUS who seems to have zero interest in reducing the deficit?  I'd vote for it.  (TEXIT 2030?)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #688 on: January 28, 2019, 11:27:12 am »
Not saying any such thing.......saying Nancy outsmarted and out negotiated the great deal maker

That can't be!!!!   You know with all of DJT's mastery of 9th dimensional chess and stuff.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #689 on: January 28, 2019, 11:40:30 am »
That can't be!!!!   You know with all of DJT's mastery of 9th dimensional chess and stuff.   :silly:

@catfish1957

Ok,genius,why don't YOU tell us how any sitting president can defeat being outnumbered by hostile politicians when a vote is needed,and even has politicians from his own party voting against him?

You know "everything",so surely something that simple  should be a cinch for you to explain.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #690 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:15 am »
Ok, genius, why don't YOU tell us how any sitting president can defeat being outnumbered by hostile politicians when a vote is needed,and even has politicians from his own party voting against him?

Why don't you tell him that, so he stops embarrassing himself with delusions of grandeur.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

After all that I have done for the Military, our great Veterans, Judges (99), Justices (2), Tax & Regulation Cuts, the Economy, Energy, Trade & MUCH MORE, does anybody really think I won’t build the WALL? Done more in first two years than any President! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

7:09 PM · Jan 27, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #691 on: January 28, 2019, 12:14:14 pm »
@catfish1957

Ok,genius,why don't YOU tell us how any sitting president can defeat being outnumbered by hostile politicians when a vote is needed,and even has politicians from his own party voting against him?

You know "everything",so surely something that simple  should be a cinch for you to explain.

Okay.  Thanks...    You've basically admitted that Trump is so stupid and politically incompetent, that he lacks the basic understanding not to start a battle (shutdown)  you know you can't win.  Another poster characterized DJT as now "Pelosi's bitch".  I got to agree.

Enjoy your knee pad time with him the next few years.  It's ending in 2020.  At least I can honestly look in the mirror and say I wasn't duped by this fool in 2016.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:14:50 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #692 on: January 28, 2019, 12:31:11 pm »

Why don't you tell him that, so he stops embarrassing himself with delusions of grandeur.

@edpc

Why? People like you are the ones with all the answers. You should tell him. It would probably be something like "jump up in the air and click your heels together",so I don't think it would be much help.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #693 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:20 pm »
Okay.  Thanks...    You've basically admitted that Trump is so stupid and politically incompetent, that he lacks the basic understanding not to start a battle (shutdown)  you know you can't win.   

@catfish1957

Ahhh,I see. YOUR plan is to become a surrender monkey that should never try to do anything unless you are  100 percent positive you will succeed.

Good to know.

Offline edpc

« Reply #694 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:11 pm »
@edpc

Why? People like you are the ones with all the answers. You should tell him. It would probably be something like "jump up in the air and click your heels together",so I don't think it would be much help.

Here’s the problem:  Trump initially entered the campaign as an anti-establishment candidate. The first thing he did, after being elected, is embrace the establishment. He has no one to blame but himself, for the current political predicament.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #695 on: January 28, 2019, 01:30:16 pm »

Here’s the problem:  Trump initially entered the campaign as an anti-establishment candidate. The first thing he did, after being elected, is embrace the establishment. He has no one to blame but himself, for the current political predicament.

"Embrace the establishment" -- wow, this is rich @edpc .  You were among the most vocal complaining that he's not working well with others.   

Now that he's trying to work with the Congress he's been dealt you're complaining he's not anti-establishment enough.

The only thing that doesn't change with your opinions is your pure hate for the President and your use of every turn of events to spew it.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:48:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #696 on: January 28, 2019, 02:04:22 pm »
"Embrace the establishment" -- wow, this is rich @edpc .  You were among the most vocal complaining that he's not working well with others.   

Now that he's trying to work with the Congress he's been dealt you're complaining he's not anti-establishment enough.

The only thing that doesn't change with your opinions is your pure hate for the President and your use of every turn of events to spew it.

He does not work well with others. One of his first actions was to attack the Freedom Caucus, who blocked what was sure to be a disastrous Obamacare replacement plan from Republicans.  Then, he bitched about an omnibus bill his administration helped craft. Now that he has wasted two years, he wants to blame the former leadership he had a wholeheartedly embraced. My opinion of him does not change, because he is an abject fraud.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:06:40 pm by edpc »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #697 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:05 pm »

Here’s the problem:  Trump initially entered the campaign as an anti-establishment candidate. The first thing he did, after being elected, is embrace the establishment.

And the second thing he did was piss off absolutely everyone he would need at his back.

He has no one to blame but himself, for the current political predicament.

Oh heck yeah - That's right.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #698 on: January 28, 2019, 05:00:31 pm »
Agree 100%.

I'd vote for it.  (TEXIT 2030?)

Only if you rename the Gulf of Mexico.  Change it to the Gulf of Texas and give citizenship to those of us working here, and I'm all in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #699 on: January 28, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
Only if you rename the Gulf of Mexico.  Change it to the Gulf of Texas and give citizenship to those of us working here, and I'm all in.

Now wait just a damn minute.  The Gulf renaming affects Florida too.