Author Topic: Catholics Demand Governor Cuomo’s Excommunication Over NY Abortion Law  (Read 1764 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Jan 24, 2019

[excerpt]

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/24/catholics-cuomo-excommunication-abortion/

Catholic lay leaders demanded that Cardinal Timothy Dolan excommunicate New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for signing legislation that codified abortion as a woman’s right.

The lay leaders made their demand in response to an open letter in which New York’s Catholic bishops decried the new law, called the Reproductive Health Act, rejecting Cuomo’s claim that the law is “progress.” Prominent Catholic laymen like author John Zmirak and editor of First Things magazine Matthew Schmitz argued the letter didn’t go far enough and that Cuomo should be denied Holy Communion. (RELATED: Bishop Denies Communion To Sen. Durbin For Voting Against Pro-Life Bill)

“This is not progress. Progress will be achieved when our laws and our culture once again value and respect each unrepeatable gift of human life, from the first moment of creation to natural death,” the bishops’ letter said, according to Life Site News.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Don't hold your breath.

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY Abortion Law....should be called NY Holocaust
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
NY Abortion Law....should be called NY Holocaust
Y'know, the worst part comes when you look at the birth rate in New York.

"Replacement rate," the level needed just to maintain the current population without immigration, is, depending upon how you measure it, between 2.0 and 2.1 children per woman. New York's is at an astonishingly low 1.6.

One would think that encouraging even fewer live births would be the exact opposite of the state's best interests.

Offline verga

That POS has had just cause for years, why would he start now.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

For the first time in my life I am embarrassed to be Catholic.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Y'know, the worst part comes when you look at the birth rate in New York.

"Replacement rate," the level needed just to maintain the current population without immigration, is, depending upon how you measure it, between 2.0 and 2.1 children per woman. New York's is at an astonishingly low 1.6.

One would think that encouraging even fewer live births would be the exact opposite of the state's best interests.

NY would rather replace the population with Illegal Aliens rather than newborns.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
NY would rather replace the population with Illegal Aliens rather than newborns.
That, and there are plenty of areas of the state (read: the rural counties) that Cuomo actually wants depopulated.

Offline dfwgator

As if Bergoglio hasn't been embarrassing enough.

Offline goatprairie

Cuomo is what has been described as a "cafeteria Catholic." They want to pick and choose the parts of the faith they like and disobey the ones they don't like.
As a non-practicing Catholic Christian I've always wondered why some people of certain faiths choose to remain with the faith despite  not obeying many of the rules pertaining to being a member of that religion.
Abortion isn't just a small part of Catholic practice.
It is one of the most defining parts of being a Catholic.
It's like saying you're a vegan but you like to eat steak three times a week. If you do that, you're definitely not a vegan.
And if you support abortion, you're not a Catholic.
Time to boot Cuomo, Pelosi and all other fake Catholics out.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
For my mother, a lifelong oldcountry Catholic, that started shortly after Francis the queer appeaser took the Chair of Saint Peter. I had a discussion with her just the other day and asked why, since Francis seems hellbent on warping or destroying the Church, why doesn't God remove him, the agency of removal would of course be up to God and either human agents or inhuman would be fine with me.

Sacrilegious?  Francis started it!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I would expect to see most if not all of the "new slavery states" to follow the example set by New York state. I think at least one or two already have pending law bills to that effect in the works...

Offline kidd

You can be rightly embarrassed of the Catholic organization. Their lack of action on abortion activists, especially those in office, only encourages more abortions.

But you, the Catholic individual, retain your beliefs regardless of how other "Catholics" act.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm not a Catholic so I'm just asking those that are.

Why should this be limited to Cuomo?  Why shouldn't it be extended to Nancy Pelosi and several others as well?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't know any Catholic can continue to vote for a Democrat in light the parties growing extremist pro-abortion stance and the blatant anti-Catholic rhetoric coming from prominent Democratic politicians.   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:09:28 pm by The Ghost »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I don't know any Catholic can continue to vote for a Democrat in light the parties growing extremist pro-abortion stance and the blatant anti-Catholic rhetoric coming from prominent Democratic politicians.

There are no SATs to become a Catholic. You're born and raised.

Which is No cut on anyone's Catholicism.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Wingnut

There are no SATs to become a Catholic. You're born and raised.

Which is No cut on anyone's Catholicism.

I am a crappie cruncher.  I know how the religion works.

Offline verga

Why should this be limited to Cuomo?  Why shouldn't it be extended to Nancy Pelosi and several others as well?
Generally the only one that can create a writ of excommunication is the local "ordinary". This is usually the Bishop or Archbishop, because he is the one that has final say for his area of jurisdiction. In this case it would be Archbishop Timothy Dolan. This does not mean that any other Bishop has to recognize it. In theory Cuomo could be excommunicated in NYC, but receive communion in any other diocese. Sadly for many in the upper echelons it has become a political decision. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Generally the only one that can create a writ of excommunication is the local "ordinary". This is usually the Bishop or Archbishop, because he is the one that has final say for his area of jurisdiction. In this case it would be Archbishop Timothy Dolan. This does not mean that any other Bishop has to recognize it. In theory Cuomo could be excommunicated in NYC, but receive communion in any other diocese. Sadly for many in the upper echelons it has become a political decision.

@verga

Thanks!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

I feel the same way about the Jewish people. The Demoncrats have pi$$ed all over them and they still support them.

Offline verga

You can be rightly embarrassed of the Catholic organization. Their lack of action on abortion activists, especially those in office, only encourages more abortions.

But you, the Catholic individual, retain your beliefs regardless of how other "Catholics" act.
@kidd I had to ponder this for a bit and you are indeed correct. Thank you for pointing that out.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It should. Those who so egregiously fly in the face of Church Doctrine, relentlessly, conspicuously, and then wave their Catholicism around should be deprived of it. They are proud of their sin, and unrepentant. They have hardened their hearts, and sold out for politics. They have revealed their god, and it isn't Him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Nicely put, Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Not only Cuomo, but any legislator who voted for the abomination who is nominally an adherent of any Christian confession what still teaches Apostolic morality should be formally excommunicated. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline goatprairie

For many older Catholics the link between their faith and the Democrat Party was extra strong.
My parents grew up during the Great Depression when FDR "saved" the country. Most Republicans were Protestants, and many times it was easy to tell who voted for whom depending on their religion. Most Catholics voted for Democrats.
It was only until shortly before he died at the age of 93 that my father informed us, his children, that he had become an independent. He didn't say why, but I'll bet the abortion issue (both parents were strongly pro-life) had something to do with it.
But the bond between non-Hispanic Catholics and Democrats remains strong as the bond between Hispanic Catholics and Democrats.