Author Topic: AMER.THINKER January 24, 2019 The Democratic Party Is Alienated from and Hates the USA By E. Jeffrey  (Read 438 times)

rangerrebew

January 24, 2019
The Democratic Party Is Alienated from and Hates the USA
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

At the high school where I formerly taught for 15 years in Brooklyn, N.Y., the Pledge of Allegiance was not recited when I arrived there in 1997.  I was told that it had not been recited since 1966 because of the anti-Vietnam War protests.  At that time, students, faculty, and administration agreed, the USA was supporting a corrupt government in Vietnam to protect oil interests, to promote a phony anti-communist script, and to deny the Vietnamese people their true national identity – namely, a united nation under their national hero, Ho Chi Minh.  According to those antiwar activists, there was no sense in which we could be standing for "liberty and justice for all."

Now, since the 9/11 attack of 2001, the Pledge is recited on a daily basis, but students are allowed not to stand for it.  In 9th grade, most stand.  In 10th grade, about half stand.  By 11th grade, if two or three stand, a patriotic teacher may consider himself lucky.  However, most of the teachers do not stand and do not recite the Pledge.  And in 12th grade, none stands.  Thus, there is a clear correlation between academic progress in the high school and patriotic respect, or rather lack of same.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/the_democratic_party_is_alienated_from_and_hates_the_usa.html#ixzz5dWpFrurR