Author Topic: Innocent Child Harassed, Threatened by Cops for Shoveling Snow Without a Permit  (Read 2650 times)

rangerrebew

Innocent Child Harassed, Threatened by Cops for Shoveling Snow Without a Permit

For shoveling snow in his grandma's driveway without first asking the state for permission, a child was harassed by police and threatened with a citation.
Matt Agorist — January 22, 2019

Normandy, MO — Residents in Normandy, Missouri are questioning a new ordinance they are calling ridiculous which requires anyone who wishes to shovel snow for money—to have a permit. To be clear, this is not just for adults running businesses, but as the following case illustrates, it’s being enforced against children trying to earn some extra money.

Charles Shelton and his foster son Keyshawn Anderson learned about the police state bureaucracy the hard was last week when Anderson tried to raise some extra cash by shoveling snow.

Shelton dropped the boy off at his grandma’s home in Pasadena Hills last week to shovel snow and once he started, the police quickly rolled in to check if Anderson had a permit. He did not, so he was shut down.

https://freedomoutpost.com/innocent-child-harassed-threatened-by-cops-for-shoveling-snow-without-a-permit/

Offline rustynail

To Protect and to Serve.

rangerrebew

It really isn't the fault of the cops.  They're just doing what their jobs require.   Its the dumbass politicians that make stupid laws. :#@$%:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bizarro world.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
There must be Some sort of logic we can invoke to keep these idiots in Govt from taking a crowbar to every nickle they lay their eyes on.

8bs8

This is nothing more than another tax, on kids.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:46:33 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If they take snow shovels away from good citizens only criminals will have snow shovels.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Bizarro world.

Really bizarre. Filing for this type of permit without an environmental impact statement? Unconscionable.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Polly Ticks

Good Lord.  If there are kids out there who are willing to actually put down the PS4/Xbox/Whatever controller and shovel some snow in the name of entrepreneurship, we should absolutely be encouraging that.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

Really bizarre. Filing for this type of permit without an environmental impact statement? Unconscionable.

LOL
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Normandy, MO — Residents in Normandy, Missouri are questioning a new ordinance they are calling ridiculous which requires anyone who wishes to shovel snow for money—to have a permit."

Well, Somebody voted these scum in.

Perhaps the residents should pay more attention to what kind of lying thieving dirt bags they elect.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Wingnut

Offline Frank Cannon

"Normandy, MO — Residents in Normandy, Missouri are questioning a new ordinance they are calling ridiculous which requires anyone who wishes to shovel snow for money—to have a permit."

Well, Somebody voted these scum in.

Perhaps the residents should pay more attention to what kind of lying thieving dirt bags they elect.

Easier said than done. In my area local bullshit elected positions like Board of Supervisors and the like are becoming big money corrupt as real positions. In most cases it is to make sure unpopular measures for some special interest. After these officials get the nonsense rules and laws passed they slink away with a bag of gold and then a new batch of payed off slugs show up. I'll bet a nickel that some big property maintenance company is the one who pushed for this to give them a lock on shoveling grandmas driveway. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Stupid idiot Millennials. You know how long it will take to shovel a driveway with something that narrow?

What? You don't think a rolling pin would 'impress' people? The guy to the left in the face mask is a big help.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

Can't find a young kid to shovel snow in my neighborhood anymore.  Did have one little tyke come to the door once -- the shovel was bigger than he was.  He moved a few flakes around and I gave him five dollars, which to him was equivalent to a million dollars.  He was so proud of himself.  But I never saw him again.

Today I can't shovel snow -- orders from my cardiologist.  I finally did find a guy who will shovel my snow.  At the time I hired him, he was unemployed.  He has a part-time job now that doesn't pay the bills.  So he does the shoveling for extra money.  It would be a hardship if  he had to get a permit to shovel snow.  He wouldn't make enough to cover the fee.  I guess government would prefer he live on assistance -- dependent upon government for his very life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Amb. Frank Cannon

Synchronicity. My wife just told me about this. She is reading local news on her phone.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiYm7jD4JDgAhVD6IMKHfuuDv4QFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.idahostatejournal.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fpocatello-man-holds-intruder-at-gunpoint%2Farticle_c6a64fbf-e3ec-5a9a-9e60-7afbda2f36d9.html&usg=AOvVaw0ZEihqk3sXBiRP7ut17NQE

POCATELLO — A resident of the 400 block of West Cedar Street held an intoxicated intruder wielding a 3-foot stick at gunpoint until police arrived to arrest him Wednesday night, police said.

Offline Frank Cannon

intoxicated intruder wielding a 3-foot stick

So there was snow in Pocatello too? A stick is terrible as a snow shovel unless you are getting paid by the hour.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Someone didn't pay the crown the proper tribute.

Online Wingnut

So there was snow in Pocatello too? A stick is terrible as a snow shovel unless you are getting paid by the hour.
Guy looks like  Spud Turner.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good Lord.  If there are kids out there who are willing to actually put down the PS4/Xbox/Whatever controller and shovel some snow in the name of entrepreneurship, we should absolutely be encouraging that.
A really sad commentary on America today, there was a time, 40's, 50's and even the 60's when kids and teens were praised for the desire to go out and be entrepreneurs starting little neighborhood gardening businesses, selling lemonade, shoveling snow, etc. Now they don't get praised, they get pilloried.

Offline dfwgator

People are being conditioned to accept that only government can do anything.   Nobody will feel empowered to take anything into their own hands.  Just as it was in the Communist countries.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Guys, read the article:

She says over the weekend, they received a number of calls from residents concerned about groups of teens pretending to offer shoveling services.

Normandy Police warning residents after porch pirates posing as do-gooders target neighborhood

Several calls and complaints from concerned homeowners poured into the Normandy Police Department after porch pirates hit a neighborhood over the weekend.

Home surveillance cameras from residents caught teens casing home and vehicles over the weekend.

Police say the permit is free and it only takes a few minutes to get at city hall.

Maybe you don't agree with the police that this is the best way to handle the situation (requiring a permit), but it looks like that's all they were trying to do.

Offline Polly Ticks

Guys, read the article:

Maybe you don't agree with the police that this is the best way to handle the situation (requiring a permit), but it looks like that's all they were trying to do.

I read the article, and I absolutely disagree that this is the best way to handle the situation.
More Nanny State government involvement is pretty much never the right answer.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I read the article, and I absolutely disagree that this is the best way to handle the situation.
More Nanny State government involvement is pretty much never the right answer.

I don't think so either, but it sounds like the SO was just trying to cut their workload, not unduly burden "innocent children".