Author Topic: Speaker Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address  (Read 7514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
16 Jan 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged President Donald Trump to postpone his State of the Union address or submit a written letter to Congress.

“Sadly given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th,” Pelosi wrote in her letter addressed to the president on Wednesday.

Pelosi warned of security concerns due to the partial government shutdown, as Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security officers were not being paid.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/16/speaker-nancy-pelosi-asks-trump-to-postpone-state-of-the-union-address/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Speaker Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »
Nancy can shove it up her wrinkled corrupt ass.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:04:38 pm »
She can shove it up her wrinkled corrupt ass.
:amen:
She doesn’t want to try and smile with her Botox face while introducing Trump on National TV.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 03:05:29 pm »
:amen:
She doesn’t want to try and smile with her Botox face while introducing Trump on National TV.

She doesn't want him to have the national audience.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »
Pelosi warned of security concerns due to the partial government shutdown, as Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security officers were not being paid.

I don't recall any security concerns with that Rat junket to Puerto Rico during the shutdown....

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 03:26:19 pm »
Her House, her rules.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 03:29:26 pm »
She wants the delay only because she knows that the State of the Union is going to be a spanking.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 03:31:09 pm »
Nancy can shove it up her wrinkled corrupt ass.

I agree.  She is frightened that he won't be confined to 8 minutes to describe liberal corruption of government.  To describe the affects of illegal immigration on the country and its citizens.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 03:32:16 pm »

I don't recall any security concerns with that Rat junket to Puerto Rico during the shutdown....

Ooh.  That is a bad suit for that body.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 03:35:09 pm »
Will he bring pizza, ‘hamberders,’ and candy?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 05:32:47 pm »
Will he bring pizza, ‘hamberders,’ and candy?

Probably not, but the media attempt to portray that college feast in a bad light backfired big time.  The kids loved it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 05:42:38 pm »
I not only hope Trump ignores her, but uses the occasion to declare a national emergency at the border. He should then explain in addition to declaring the national emergency, which will be initially stopped by a liberal judge, that he will not agree to open the govt until the funding for the wall is authorized. Trump should declare "I have no intention of being reasonable when the security and sovereignty of the USA is at stake".

He can outline how all the facts are on his side. How walls work, just ask Israel. How he has been more than willing to sit down and discuss the issue to find some area of compromise.

I think f he does these things he will win.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 05:51:08 pm »
I not only hope Trump ignores her, but uses the occasion to declare a national emergency at the border. He should then explain in addition to declaring the national emergency, which will be initially stopped by a liberal judge, that he will not agree to open the govt until the funding for the wall is authorized. Trump should declare "I have no intention of being reasonable when the security and sovereignty of the USA is at stake".

He can outline how all the facts are on his side. How walls work, just ask Israel. How he has been more than willing to sit down and discuss the issue to find some area of compromise.

I think f he does these things he will win.

I really, really hope he does @bilo   He has nothing to lose by this and everything to gain.  It's become nauseatingly obvious that the Pelosi/Schumer act will not budge on anything that has the possibility of helping Trump get the wall.  It is their Waterloo.

Trump's only chance is the national emergency.  I know some of his more timid advisers are cautioning him against this and, yes, some of the liberal judges are clutching their gavels at this minute, ready to declare it unconstitutional but he has precedent on his side.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 05:58:21 pm »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 06:02:01 pm »

Here is my letter to Pelosi....

Dear Bitch.

Outside Military, Treasury, State this son of bitch government can stay permanently down as far as I am concerned.  99% of what Fedzilla provides is redundant with state and local governmental services anyway.

Yours truly,

CF 1957
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 06:16:45 pm »
I hope he responds to her by totally ignoring her and going ahead with the State of the Union. I'm looking forward to it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:20:59 pm »
Wednesday, 12:20 pm central time

"'The State of the Union is off,' Hoyer said, adding that Trump could not convince them to schedule it until Trump reopened the government."

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 06:22:36 pm »

"'The State of the Union is off,' Hoyer said, adding that Trump could not convince them to schedule it until Trump reopened the government."

??? Who is Hoyer??  Why is it that the President of the United States is denied addressing the American people??
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:23:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:09 pm »
And here I was thinking that Nancy didn't like  him,and she goes and sheds some crocodile tears to lube the steps he walks on.

IF I were the suspicious type I might suspect this has more to do with her fear of him getting in front of a camera than of any danger coming to him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 06:25:41 pm »
??? Who is Hoyer??

That would be that old fossil Steny Hoyer, who thinks he's House Majority Leader.  I don't know if the House can refuse to hear the SOTU because it's Constitutionally required.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 06:26:02 pm »

@Amb. Frank Cannon

Dims are great humanitarians that have their own private armed bodyguards. Notice how that one in the photo is helping that young lady find her puppy?  Ted Kennedy used to do the same thing when he saw young wimmins in distress. 

They are just great humanitarians,every one of them!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 06:26:51 pm »
??? Who is Hoyer??  Why is it that the President of the United States is denied addressing the American people??
@libertybele

"Later Wednesday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer told CNN that the State of the Union was effectively canceled."

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 06:28:32 pm »
That would be that old fossil Steny Hoyer, who thinks he's House Majority Leader.  I don't know if the House can refuse to hear the SOTU because it's Constitutionally required.

That is what I always thought too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 06:29:42 pm »

A representative for Hoyer later told INSIDER he had "not read Speaker Pelosi's letter and mischaracterized it" when he told CNN that the State of the Union address, set for January 29, "is off."

https://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-house-majority-leader-steny-hoyer-trumps-state-of-the-union-is-off-2019-1

The majority leader shot off his mouth without being fully informed – not the first or last time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:30:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 06:30:07 pm »
Her House, her rules.

Yep...

There is no requirement that it be done in person or even done at all the Constitution merely refers to a report "from time to time",  she offered for it to be in writing, the way it had been done for over 100 years.... :shrug:

The GOP is not used to a SOTH that actually controls the HOR...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:53:50 pm by montanajoe »