Author Topic: ‘Inappropriate’: Lindsey Graham Rebukes Donald Trump Postponing Nancy Pelosi’s Trip to Visit Troops  (Read 982 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
‘Inappropriate’: Lindsey Graham Rebukes Donald Trump Postponing Nancy Pelosi’s Trip to Visit Troops in Afghanistan

By Jessica Kwong   On 1/17/19 at 4:05 PM

epublican Senator Lindsey Graham called President Donald Trump’s letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi postponing her upcoming trips to Afghanistan, Brussels and Egypt “inappropriate” on Thursday afternoon.

The South Carolina senator tweeted that “one sophomoric response does not deserve another,” referencing Pelosi’s Wednesday letter to Trump stating that his State of the Union address should be postponed until after the government shutdown. Graham called her threat “very irresponsible and blatantly political.”

“President Trump denying Speaker Pelosi military travel to visit our troops in Afghanistan, our allies in Egypt and NATO is also inappropriate,” Graham tweeted

https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-trip-inappropriate-lindsey-graham-rebukes-donald-trump-postpone-1296495

He's not a weasel he is a snake.  Guess what Lindsey, you are not President.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

As Ferris Bueller said:

A. You can never go too far, and
B.  If I'm gonna get busted, it is not going to be from a guy like that!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Leave it to Trump to find a way to make chicken salad chicken shit.

Melania Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago on government jet

Hours after President Trump grounded House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s planned trip to visit the troops in Afghanistan, first lady Melania Trump was winging her way to Mar-a-Lago — on a government jet.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/melania-trump-reportedly-heading-to-mar-a-lago-on-government-jet/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
For a short while I reckoned that the Kavanaugh hearings had finally switched boy Lindsey towards the right track, but looks like he's back to his old ways...

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
For a short while I reckoned that the Kavanaugh hearings had finally switched boy Lindsey towards the right track, but looks like he's back to his old ways...

Didn't I say there is no 2.0?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Looks like Lindsey ' s dance with sanity was a short one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Looks like Lindsey ' s dance with sanity was a short one.

Ain't that the truth. What Trump did was awesome.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Slide Rule

Gutfeld on Trump's letter to Pelosi.

https://youtu.be/odFs6qEv5XY

9:07

Of course this response mirrors Pelosi.

It is always best to respond in kind.
Especially when there could be agreement in the future.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline libertybele

Indeed.  What's changed??  He was standing behind this president.  IMO Lindsey has been opposed to a border wall and he's going to fight this President every step of the way and he's going to criticize his successful attempts.  Lindsey will lose on this.  Even IF we don't get a wall, Lindsey will lose and go down as one of the reasons why no additional wall was erected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.