Author Topic: GOP senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal  (Read 8768 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: GOP senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 04:23:35 am »
We don't have 7-11's. We have Wawa. It is also illegal to wear cowboy boots in Pennsyltucky. Only camo from October to June.

Wawa!  I was wondering where that bullshit was coming from.  You bleep are sending your crap down to us again.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2019, 04:31:01 am »

Adding another $1 trillion to our national debt while at the same time releasing illegals into this country on their own recognisance while awaiting asylum hearings is indeed sliding into an abyss.  As for swimming with the enemy, I can attest that Corbe has never had his picture taken with the Clintons, donated money to Chuck Schumer's political campaigns, placed bans on bump stocks, hired the head of the GOP-E as chief-of-staff, or campaigned to the left of Bernie Sanders on property rights.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2019, 04:33:24 am »
Wawa!  I was wondering where that bullshit was coming from.  You bleep are sending your crap down to us again.

Screw you. You slack jawed southerners don't deserve Hoagie Fest.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2019, 04:34:10 am »
Screw you. You slack jawed southerners don't deserve Hoagie Fest.

You're right.  We don't. Please take it away from us.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2019, 04:42:29 am »
You're right.  We don't. Please take it away from us.

We'll take the Wawa's back but you have to take a 100K or more deadbeat NY, PA and NJ residents as transplants.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2019, 04:43:59 am »
We'll take the Wawa's back but you have to take a 100K or more deadbeat NY, PA and NJ residents as transplants.

We've already taken that times 10 evidenced by Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:44:30 am by RoosGirl »

Online corbe

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2019, 04:45:30 am »
   If I'm not mistaken Florida is already populated with at least 100k (dumb azz Yankees) snowbirds, the Good Lord knows Texas is right now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2019, 04:50:02 am »

We've already taken that times 10 evidenced by Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.

Well DeSoto and the bird-like bald guy won so you still don't have enough north-easterners yet.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2019, 04:52:41 am »
Well DeSoto and the bird-like bald guy won so you still don't have enough north-easterners yet.

Keep sending them down bleep and Florida will be blue in 2020 and Trump won't win re-election.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2019, 04:54:38 am »
Keep sending them down bleep and Florida will be blue in 2020 and Trump won't win re-election.

He'll be able to pick up Jersey and NY though.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:45 am »
He'll be able to pick up Jersey and NY though.

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2019, 05:32:54 am »
@DCPatriot   Actually, I agree with you.  Most of the NTers only post negativity and never focus on the positive aspects of this presidency.

It is depressing and I wish they would have a happy day once in a while.

But I guess it's their hobby and if it makes them feel good, I guess it's worth making me feel bad.

Like I stated, it's not my intent to start any back and forth's here.   If that was my intention, I would have chosen the food fight in the 'Romney vs Trump' thread.

It was certainly instrumental in framing my thought process, however.  :laugh:

IMO, we're missing so much more with 75% of the posters and staff wished he'd just go away.

Thanks for your reply, @Emjay
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 05:56:21 am »
@DCPatriot   Actually, I agree with you.  Most of the NTers only post negativity and never focus on the positive aspects of this presidency.

But I guess it's their hobby and if it makes them feel good, I guess it's worth making me feel bad.

I suggest a counselor, or maybe quit if its making you feel depressed and unhappy.  I didn't get it until right now.  You can't handle it and that is why you lash out.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2019, 07:02:20 am »
The Chamber of Commerce wing of the Pub party are of the same mindset as the idiots who sold scrap metal to the Japanese before Pearl Harbor was bombed. They want cheap labor that's easily controlled, whether it's illegal labor or H1B visa's. It doesn't matter that American citizens suffer as long as they do well.

@bilo

The fascists. ALL they care about is profits for me,me,ME,DAMMIT! Not a single one of them has enough common sense to come in out of the rain,which is why they are attracted to the Nazi economic system. What they want is no competition and free labor provided by state prison camps.

I
'm in the real estate business. I deal with a lot of European contractors because we can't find American born citizens with the training for the jobs. If we want a healthy and strong country we need to secure the borders, cut benefits to the young and expand training programs in the trades.

Yup.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2019, 07:06:04 am »

Cause America and her citizens decided much to early that Trump was the answer and personally I never thought screwing the MSM with an idiot that tweets was the question.

PS:  @Right_in_Virginia it is not pleasurable for me to watch MY Country slide further into an abyss whether I have a window seat (like you) or stuck on the platform waving goodbye to a bunch of people with orange colored glasses on.

@corbe

Of course it is or you wouldn't enjoy gloating so much. You are a Party Pod Person that is only happy with political leadership like Bob Dolt or Boy Jorge. You might not like everything they do,but you know they won't surprise you and that makes you happy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2019, 07:11:17 am »

At the end of the day, them majority of us want the same thing.  The dang wall built.

@libertybele

Not true. Many/most of the AT's want Trump impeached because they see him limiting their access to cheap 3rd world labor.

Trump is who we have to accomplish that agenda.  I have faulted him for his delayed action on this issue and creating a media circus. I question some of his actions, motives and intents. But he is our last chance.  You don't have to like his character, his demeanor, his tweets, or his narcissistic personality, but if he doesn't succeed, this country is sunk.

They don't care about the country. All they care about is what is good for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2019, 07:19:48 am »
I'm afraid the pathos here doesn't allow up to come together with optimism.

Not when I'm checking in at lunch and the only threads of interest are those meant to criticize and demean the man or the administration.

Then when you click on them...well, you get the picture.

@DCPatriot

Trump MUST fail or everything they have believed their entire lives about how the OFFICIAL alleged Republican Party is going to save the nation will be proven to have been wrong,and nobody likes to admit they have been fools.

At the end of the day,they don't give a damn about America. What they care about is themselves. This is at the core of why Dims and the alleged Republicans get along together so well. At heart they are the same people  and their motto is "It's all about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2019, 07:26:29 am »

Post deleted to save the MODs the trouble.

Seems I can no longer post the appropriate amount of "negativity" without resorting to excessive profanity, so what's the point? THis is as much as I will contribute to yet another thread derailed by the same old shit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2019, 01:00:44 pm »
Post deleted to save the MODs the trouble.

Seems I can no longer post the appropriate amount of "negativity" without resorting to excessive profanity, so what's the point? THis is as much as I will contribute to yet another thread derailed by the same old shit.

Nonsense.

I made a comment that expressed what I'm observing on this forum   going on THREE YEARS!

Could have said it on the Romney Op-Ed shit fest, but stayed away for the same reasons you supposedly deleted your thoughts here.

Judge the man on his governing policies and agenda.  Not on the piranhas savaging the man.

And the only ones here derailing threads on a daily basis are Frank and Roos.   The adolescents in the room. 

Talk to the hand! 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:02:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2019, 01:42:28 pm »
Nonsense.

I made a comment that expressed what I'm observing on this forum   going on THREE YEARS!

Could have said it on the Romney Op-Ed shit fest, but stayed away for the same reasons you supposedly deleted your thoughts here.

Judge the man on his governing policies and agenda.  Not on the piranhas savaging the man.

And the only ones here derailing threads on a daily basis are Frank and Roos.   The adolescents in the room. 

Talk to the hand!

Right, because another another another thread with 50 more 50 more 50 more pages of I hate Trump, Trump is God, He better build the wall, He's can't build the wall, You better get on board, I give Trump credit when credit is due, You're virtue signaling thread with everyone saying SSDD is just what we need to finally see each other's point of view.  bleep off.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2019, 02:28:37 pm »
Oh well, another thread moving away from the subject at warp speed. Reminds me of this picture:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2019, 03:05:33 pm »
@corbe

There it is. A textbook example of a delusional personality. Your loser did what losers should do,and lost,so you want America to lose too,in order to make you feel better about yourself.

After all,if Trump succeeds you will end up looking like the selfish fool you really are.

Labor Department Jobs Report: US economy added 312,000 jobs in December, blowing past expectations.

And some people here have the temerity and lack of situational-awareness to say that the Trump administration is failing?

@corbe get real. Winning with Trump is a lot better for your mental health and overall well being than losing your mind because you backed the wrong horse.

The Trump train is waiting for you at the station, and you’ve got the ticket. You’re welcome.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2019, 03:12:57 pm »

Judge the man foremost on his character - Except his character is non-existent. If I were to put that aside (which I never really will), I still don't know why you incessantly point to equally non-existent accomplishments.

I will not say there is nothing redeeming in this administration, but I remain convinced there is damn little. When I ask all y'all for itemization of those accomplishments, I get no such specificity - Because all that y'all have is smoke.

Once again, I will reiterate: Name me his accomplishments, and Executive Orders don't count. Name me the things we get to keep.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2019, 03:22:28 pm »
Labor Department Jobs Report: US economy added 312,000 jobs in December, blowing past expectations.

And some people here have the temerity and lack of situational-awareness to say that the Trump administration is failing?

@corbe get real. Winning with Trump is a lot better for your mental health and overall well being than losing your mind because you backed the wrong horse.

The Trump train is waiting for you at the station, and you’ve got the ticket. You’re welcome.

The only reason things have heated up again here on the forum is because of Mitt Romney's virtue-signaling ass. 

It gave the most 'pure' (manners/decorum) members here another opportunity to 'shine'.

When you've got nothing else, the go-to seems to be "character".  You'd think Mitt shook them awake in the middle of sex.   :laugh:

We've got an "Everything **Cortez" category 'above' the fold here.

Let's add another one "Everything Negative About Trump".

This way we don't have to read their shit.   

btw..."I've never clicked on Alecia.  Not once."    :cool:   

It'd be a piece of cake to ignore the butt hurt.

I can say, "butt-hurt", right Frank?    wink777

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »

Judge the man foremost on his character - Except his character is non-existent. If I were to put that aside (which I never really will), I still don't know why you incessantly point to equally non-existent accomplishments.

I will not say there is nothing redeeming in this administration, but I remain convinced there is damn little. When I ask all y'all for itemization of those accomplishments, I get no such specificity - Because all that y'all have is smoke.

Once again, I will reiterate: Name me his accomplishments, and Executive Orders don't count. Name me the things we get to keep.

RE bold:  How am I to converse with somebody with that POV? 

Seriously, @roamer_1 ?  You're better than that.  Much better.