Author Topic: GOP senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal  (Read 8800 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal
By Alexander Bolton - 01/03/19 04:02 PM EST

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who faces a potentially tough reelection in 2020, says Congress should re-open the federal government, even without a deal on funding President Trump’s border wall.

Gardner is the first Senate Republican to call for ending the partial shutdown even without a deal on Trump’s demand for $5 billion to fund a border wall.

“I think we should pass a continuing resolution to get the government back open. The Senate has done it last Congress, we should do it again today,” he said.

Gardner says the onus will then be on Democrats to explain why they don’t support more money for border security after they voted to spend an additional $46 billion on the border in 2013.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/423752-gop-senator-calls-on-congress-to-end-shutdown-without-border-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: GOP senator calls on Congress to end shutdown without border deal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:27:37 pm »
They are going to screw Trump?

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 11:53:06 pm »

Gardner should be primaried for his proposal to kick the national security can down the road--AGAIN.  We need to start construction on the wall ASAP.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:56:26 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 12:10:18 am »
Gardner should be primaried for his proposal to kick the national security can down the road--AGAIN.  We need to start construction on the wall ASAP.

He should be primaried for suggesting a continuing resolution. That sh*t has to stop.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13:23 am »

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13:38 am »

@rustynail

Yes,but what is worse they are going to also screw the country in the process. Not that they give a damn,because they don't. All they care about is being re-elected. Crack whores have more character.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13:52 am »
He should be primaried for suggesting a continuing resolution. That sh*t has to stop.

:amen:

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:16:27 am »
@rustynail

Yes,but what is worse they are going to also screw the country in the process. Not that they give a damn,because they don't. All they care about is being re-elected. Crack whores have more character.

They always have an excuse why they can't get something done. We gave the Pubs everything and they didn't get anything done they said they would. Trump is our last hope. If we don't secure the borders now it's never going to happen and in time the country will be what CA has become.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 12:23:55 am »

Damn right.  That CR crap grinds my gears.  IIRC our 'hero' John Boehner ran for the Speakership in 2010 with a full throated promise to return to Regular Order.  And it never happened.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:56 am »
They always have an excuse why they can't get something done. We gave the Pubs everything and they didn't get anything done they said they would. Trump is our last hope. If we don't secure the borders now it's never going to happen and in time the country will be what CA has become.

@bilo

More importantly,if we don't secure the borders now it will be too late to ever try to secure them.  The globalist fascists are already importing every new voter for globalism they can find who is coming to live here to get all the "free stuff" in exchange for their votes. Once they get the votes,the 3rd world will get "free" bus tickets to go off and "work the farm".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 12:30:00 am »
   Rest assured NT'ers now that Pelousy is in charge instead of Ryan, IT'S still your fault.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 12:40:53 am »

Wait until you get the can with beautifully designed steel slats.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 12:46:41 am »
    China is already gearing up production for The Great Trump Wall Compromise (2019):

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 12:47:04 am »
@bilo

More importantly,if we don't secure the borders now it will be too late to ever try to secure them.  The globalist fascists are already importing every new voter for globalism they can find who is coming to live here to get all the "free stuff" in exchange for their votes. Once they get the votes,the 3rd world will get "free" bus tickets to go off and "work the farm".

The Chamber of Commerce wing of the Pub party are of the same mindset as the idiots who sold scrap metal to the Japanese before Pearl Harbor was bombed. They want cheap labor that's easily controlled, whether it's illegal labor or H1B visa's. It doesn't matter that American citizens suffer as long as they do well.

I'm in the real estate business. I deal with a lot of European contractors because we can't find American born citizens with the training for the jobs. If we want a healthy and strong country we need to secure the borders, cut benefits to the young and expand training programs in the trades.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 12:53:49 am »
    China is already gearing up production for The Great Trump Wall Compromise (2019):

Yeah, because that's what they use in prisons to keep the rapists in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 01:10:59 am »

Why do you take such pleasure at the thought of America and her citizens being hurt?

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 01:26:36 am »
Why do you take such pleasure at the thought of America and her citizens being hurt?

Cause America and her citizens decided much to early that Trump was the answer and personally I never thought screwing the MSM with an idiot that tweets was the question.

PS:  @Right_in_Virginia it is not pleasurable for me to watch MY Country slide further into an abyss whether I have a window seat (like you) or stuck on the platform waving goodbye to a bunch of people with orange colored glasses on.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 01:50:34 am »

PS:  @Right_in_Virginia it is not pleasurable for me to watch MY Country slide further into an abyss whether I have a window seat (like you) or stuck on the platform waving goodbye to a bunch of people with orange colored glasses on.

The country is not sliding further into an abyss.  It may seem like that to you because you're swimming with the enemy.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 01:55:25 am »
"Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who faces a potentially tough reelection in 2020"

Dat's why he been spoutin' these lines.
Gardner's trying to save his political skin.

Sorry, Cory, you're gonna lose in 2020 and everyone back home knows that.
So why not do the right thing, and then try for a K Street job in 2021...?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 01:58:21 am »
R in Va wrote:
"It may seem like that to you because you're swimming with the enemy."

Best description of the poster you're writing about yet...

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 02:02:08 am »
   Thank You for that @Right_in_Virginia but I have read enough of your posts to know that anyone that doesn't love your Guy is indeed equivalent to a hellary lover or worse, a terrorist and it doesn't bother me that you and a few others feel that way about me. I actually feel sorry for you though I know you loathe my sympathy, whatever, I feel you are just as much an enemy to this Country as you feel that I am, so it's a wash. 

BUT most importantly, I don't want to silence you here on TBR but I'm not so sure you could say the same about me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:03:24 am by corbe »

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 02:11:59 am »
I think you've crossed over to the dark side @corbe   Your once upon a time clever posts and pictures have grown hateful.  And this seems to please you.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 02:28:06 am »

BUT most importantly, I don't want to silence you here on TBR but I'm not so sure you could say the same about me.

I, for one, would never want to silence you:  I just don't think you have figured out Trump as well as I have, my friend.  (I am tracking things that you probably aren't watching at all.  We'll just have to wait and see what God plans for us--through the strange guy He ordained to be our Republican nominee [over both your strenuous objection and mine!] and thence to be our POTUS.)

I'm very optimistic;  you're not.  That's the best secular explanation of the spiritual gulf between us.   

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 02:29:14 am »
   Thank You @Right_in_Virginia for your insightful characterizations of me.  I Love you.