Author Topic: Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆  (Read 3208 times)

rangerrebew

Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:16:23 pm »
Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆

Highlights

•

7 effects have each been repeatedly reported following Wi-Fi & other EMF exposures.
•

Established Wi-Fi effects, include apoptosis, oxidat. stress &:
•

testis/sperm dysfunct; Neuropsych; DNA impact; hormone change; Ca2+ rise.
•

Wi-Fi is thought to act via voltage-gated calcium channel activation.
•

One claim of no Wi-Fi effects was found to be deeply flawed.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:17:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Re: Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:22:31 pm »
So I guess we have really been in trouble since the 1950's due to the 500,000 watts of ERP emanating from the local UHF TV stations.  "ScienceNews" now goes in the same URL junk bin as "NaturalNews".

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 08:51:39 pm »
Cancer was rare until the country electrified.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 08:57:41 pm »
Cancer was "Natural Causes" until the country was electrified.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 09:06:34 pm »

Yeah, back when pneumonia and influenza, tuberculosis, and enteritis with diarrhea were the leading causes of death, cancer deaths were a lot more rare.  But then people tended to die before cancer could attack most of them.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:07 pm »
I don't like wi-fi because the insecurity of a wi-fi network allows hackers easy access to your device. Satellite only. They should make smartphones more personalizable so we can order phones without wi-fi or GPS hardware in them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:11:37 pm by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:17 pm »

Cancer was "Natural Causes" until the country was electrified.

Before "Electrification" most people didn't live long enough to die from cancer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 09:13:09 pm »
Before "Electrification" most people didn't live long enough to die from cancer.

What this man says.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 09:16:35 pm »
I don't like WI-fi because of the insecurity of a WI-fi network allows hackers easy access to your device.

BAH. Only cell phones and cell capable tablets, and those left in a promiscuous state which anyone with a lick of sense would not allow. Notebooks and laptops are far less accessible over wifi, unless you have them rigged with a cellular card. If you stay off of public wiffy and remain behind known routers, the problem is quite unlikely.

They should make smartphones more personalizable so we can order phones without wi-fi or GPS hardware in them.

Why? shut em off. shut off wiffy and bluetooth, and shut off location. But in doing so, you might as well just go get a flip phone... at least around here.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 10:04:20 pm »
Why? shut em off. shut off wiffy and bluetooth, and shut off location. But in doing so, you might as well just go get a flip phone... at least around here.

Why? Because even if you turn off wi-fi there's a way to remotely get in even if the software says it's off. All it takes is your IP and phone number and a hacker can hack your wi-fi although you think it's off. Best idea is to remove the hardware completely or use a prewifi vintage phone.
I won't accept.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
Why? Because even if you turn off wi-fi there's a way to remotely get in even if the software says it's off. All it takes is your IP and phone number and a hacker can hack your wi-fi although you think it's off. Best idea is to remove the hardware completely or use a prewifi vintage phone.

Yeah, see - You must be in a pretty suburban area where cell service has good coverage, and where it doesn't cost a mint to go over on your data. Since I am @home most of the time, or at any number of client places where I know the wiffy network, most of my data usage is over WIFI

And all I have to do is get off the valley floor and cell service goes away. Plenty of places around here do not get cell coverage - When I go out to see several of my friends, I use WIFI calling to stay connected while at their place.

WIFI is dang near more important than cell around here.

And no, I have found no condition where the net services transmit without those services being on. I have monitored traffic on purpose over my network and have never detected a single blip from my phone if the wifi is turned off.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:24 pm »
Yeah, back when pneumonia and influenza, tuberculosis, and enteritis with diarrhea were the leading causes of death, cancer deaths were a lot more rare.  But then people tended to die before cancer could attack most of them.

Don’t forget how many women died in childbirth back then. And infant mortality.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 10:34:06 pm »
If wifi is disabled, your phone won't have an IP, and if it is enabled most of the time it will be non-routable.

Thats why two of my smartphones kept toggling to wi-fi on and location on although I repeatedly disabled them and a dangerous stalker was able to track me through aquiring my phones software and connection specs using a cheap back door method, supposedly only needing my phone number to hack the rest of the info.
I won't accept.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 10:39:05 pm »
Thats why two of my smartphones kept toggling to wi-fi on and location on although I repeatedly disabled them and a dangerous stalker was able to track me through aquiring my phones software and connection specs using a cheap back door method, supposedly only needing my phone number to hack the rest of the info.

Then he did it over cellular networking or from within the router on a public network.
Or your phone was compromised and transmitting (virus already in place).
No one can do crap to you on WIFI without the user saying ok (reply to user initiated transmission) without getting through the router. And routers, as a rule, are pretty bulletproof.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 10:49:13 pm »

So, someone used your inactive wifi connection to hack into your phone and enable wifi?

I think I saw that on NCIS: LA once.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 10:59:44 pm »
So, someone used your inactive wifi connection to hack into your phone and enable wifi?

No, they used my phone number. If you read what I wrote carefully you would see that arguing with me more is redundant.
I won't accept.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 11:02:32 pm »
Then he did it over cellular networking or from within the router on a public network.
Or your phone was compromised and transmitting (virus already in place).
No one can do crap to you on WIFI without the user saying ok (reply to user initiated transmission) without getting through the router. And routers, as a rule, are pretty bulletproof.

I don't believe you. The evidence outweighs your claim to safety. Point is, remove the hardware you remove the  hacker, no back doors.
I won't accept.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 11:09:17 pm »
I don't believe you. The evidence outweighs your claim to safety. Point is, remove the hardware you remove the  hacker, no back doors.

It isn't a matter of your disbelief or belief. It is a matter of how routers work.

Necessarily, you were hacked over cellular, not WIFI, OR, your phone was already compromised another way and was being promiscuous... TCP/IP is not the fault.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 11:10:39 pm »

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 11:14:33 pm »
It isn't a matter of your disbelief or belief. It is a matter of how routers work.

Necessarily, you were hacked over cellular, not WIFI, OR, your phone was already compromised another way and was being promiscuous... TCP/IP is not the fault.

The issue isnt the router itself, the issue is that your phone says that the wi-fi is off, yet the wi-fi signal can still be detected and hacked. This means that your phone settings arent showing you what is truly going on with your phone. You turn it off but yet a network router still connects, you dont know that its connected, in fact you believe it is off. The issue is that the software has a back door for hackers so no matter what, if you turn if off, they can still get into it.
I won't accept.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 11:19:52 pm »
The issue isnt the router itself, the issue is that your phone says that the wi-fi is off, yet the wi-fi signal can still be detected and hacked. This means that your phone settings arent showing you what is truly going on with your phone. You turn it off but yet a network router still connects, you dont know that its connected, in fact you believe it is off. The issue is that the software has a back door for hackers so no matter what, if you turn if off, they can still get into it.

NONSENSE. I just shut off WIFI in my droid, and since I am on my local router, which I control, I found it's last IP and pinged it from within the LAN (which is a WAY easier move than from WAN)

No return. the phone IS inaccessible by WIFI.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:21:33 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 11:25:10 pm »

AND, btw, that is incidental, because the router would stop ANY ping originating on the WAN so access to the phone is incidental without already having bypassed the router... You have to get to the router FIRST.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 11:26:03 pm »
NONSENSE. I just shut off WIFI in my droid, and since I am on my local router, which I control, I found it's last IP and pinged it from within the LAN (which is a WAY easier move than from WAN)

No return. the phone IS inaccessible by WIFI.

You're not going to win on this. I almost got killed and the suspect was apprehended. He was using wi-fi to track me. The wi-fi on two of my phones repeatedly toggled to on and when the suspect made his move to attack and was tracking me my phone settings showed that wi-fi was off. If wi-fi and location were off how was he able to do this? A back door. Proof that what you see on your screen and what is happening inside your phone don't necessarily correlate.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:28:00 pm by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 11:32:44 pm »
Another huge question is why do they make wi-fi hardware mandatory for all phones when the only people that use wi-fi are too poor to pay for satellite?

If you can afford a thousand dollar phone you won't need wi-fi.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:36:16 pm by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:00 pm »
No, they used my phone number. If you read what I wrote carefully you would see that arguing with me more is redundant.

You wrote that devices w/o wifi would be more secure, which is true.

But you also wrote that, supposedly, someone/thing kept turning your wifi back on.  If "they" can do that, not having wifi in the first place isn't going to stop them from getting access to your phone since they didn't get in via wifi in the first place.

P.S.  If you read what you wrote carefully you would see that you claimed all they need is your IP and phone number.  Now you're saying they used your phone number.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.