Author Topic: Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆  (Read 3208 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health☆
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 11:37:11 pm »
You're not going to win on this. I almost got killed and the suspect was apprehended. He was using wi-fi to track me. The wi-fi on two of my phones repeatedly toggled to on and when the suspect made his move to attack and was tracking me my phone settings showed that wi-fi was off. If wi-fi and location were off how was he able to do this? A back door. Proof that what you see on your screen and what is happening inside your phone don't necessarily correlate.

YES, I am going to win on this. You may as well be talking voodoo.
If your machine was 'toggling on' that indicates that it was compromised. Something IN the phone was changing the setting, allowing access, and probably pinging the assailant. A VIRUS already installed was creating the 'back door'.

The only other possibility is close proximity, with your phone set up to respond to near by devices - That is NOT standard protocol and is established AD HOC. That would be a promiscuous setting used for 'casting,' or file transfer, and should always be disabled.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:07 am »
What the hell is this Whyphi shit everyone is talking about? I have AOL and it works just fine.....

Sorry...

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 12:18:31 am »
YES, I am going to win on this. You may as well be talking voodoo.
If your machine was 'toggling on' that indicates that it was compromised. Something IN the phone was changing the setting, allowing access, and probably pinging the assailant. A VIRUS already installed was creating the 'back door'.

The only other possibility is close proximity, with your phone set up to respond to near by devices - That is NOT standard protocol and is established AD HOC. That would be a promiscuous setting used for 'casting,' or file transfer, and should always be disabled.

My phone got hacked once.  They were able to turn on/off my wifi at will, without me knowing it.  I know, because I could see them doing it.  But what I saw on my screen and what was happening inside my phone don't necessarily correlate.  But I know they did it, because I could see that two of my phones repeatedly toggled to on and when the suspect made his move to attack and was tracking me my phone settings showed that wi-fi was off.

Seriously, how can you not get this???
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 12:35:03 am »
My phone got hacked once.  They were able to turn on/off my wifi at will, without me knowing it.  I know, because I could see them doing it.  But what I saw on my screen and what was happening inside my phone don't necessarily correlate.  But I know they did it, because I could see that two of my phones repeatedly toggled to on and when the suspect made his move to attack and was tracking me my phone settings showed that wi-fi was off.

Seriously, how can you not get this???

Oh, I get THAT, I am not saying that hacking cannot occur, any more than hacking any computer.
But every hack I am aware of requires both - that the number is alive, and that it has an internet connection (and that normally NOT from behind a router, IOW, a cellular internet connection...)

AFTER being hacked, of course you are pwned. Of course the connection can be hidden.

PRIOR to the hack, put it in airplane mode, and it is a virtual brick as far as hacking it goes.
Shut off WIFI or at least promiscuous WIFI, so you don't automatically log into public networks and you are probably pretty safe.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 12:38:07 am »
Cancer was rare until the country electrified.
The disease was first called cancer by Greek physician Hippocrates (460-370 BC). He is considered the “Father of Medicine.” Hippocrates used the terms carcinos and carcinoma to describe non-ulcer forming and ulcer-forming tumors. In Greek this means a crab.

Not so rare after all it seems. :shrug:

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:54 am »
You wrote that devices w/o wifi would be more secure, which is true.

But you also wrote that, supposedly, someone/thing kept turning your wifi back on.  If "they" can do that, not having wifi in the first place isn't going to stop them from getting access to your phone since they didn't get in via wifi in the first place.

P.S.  If you read what you wrote carefully you would see that you claimed all they need is your IP and phone number.  Now you're saying they used your phone number.

Okay, so here's the deal. The hacker used my phone to aquire the other information. How he was able to do that I don't know, but the fact is all he needed was my phone number. With my phone number he could get my phones IP, the IMEI and several other codes required to invade the software through whatever connection he used. He corrupted one phone. I bought a new one and used the same phone number. He hacked the second phone, supposedly through only my phone number because there was no way possible that he could have aquired any other information about my second phone. Once he was in he could control the wi-fi even if it showed as off in the settings. I'm not a phone or satellite tech so I really don't remember the details any further than that. This was in 2016.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:01:04 am by Skeptic »
I won't accept.