Author Topic: Billionaire Reid Hoffman apologizes for disinformation in Alabama senate race  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Today it comes out that this was not as spun ("just an experiment").... it was most likely a deliberate full fledged ploy by democrats to destroy Roy Moore any way they could.

A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/alabama-dirty-tricksters-invited-a-new-york-times-reporter?fbclid=IwAR0GmEe0j6xdhLfQL0QvSoWMjewGGYZbihGn5-WeftpLmnLGy8w0jo9MNMk

@Bigun @Smokin Joe @Sanguine @Restored @jmyrlefuller @The Ghost

Thanks for the ping @Sighlass.

The truly SAD part is that the ploy work like a charm for the bastards! Which, by the way, is exactly why they will do it again and again until it is stopped!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 happy77
Got any credible proof of that outside the claims of Leigh Corfman?

Was Coffman prepubescent when Moore pursued her?  Because if she wasn't, it wasn't pedophilia.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Today it comes out that this was not as spun ("just an experiment").... it was most likely a deliberate full fledged ploy by democrats to destroy Roy Moore any way they could.

A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/alabama-dirty-tricksters-invited-a-new-york-times-reporter?fbclid=IwAR0GmEe0j6xdhLfQL0QvSoWMjewGGYZbihGn5-WeftpLmnLGy8w0jo9MNMk

@Bigun @Smokin Joe @Sanguine @Restored @jmyrlefuller @The Ghost
What really is sad is that the GOP (National) and those in COngress couldn't throw Moore under the bus fast enough. They pulled National support when they should have supported him the most. For me, that was an indicator they were all too relieved to keep Moore out themselves. Which of them would want a man of principle who just might blow the whistle on their lucrative scam in DC?
There might be a few exceptions to the corruption in DC, but there is a reason that walls don't get built, Hillary is still loose, Obamacare is still there. It's the CONgress.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Thanks for the ping @Sighlass.

The truly SAD part is that the ploy work like a charm for the bastards! Which, by the way, is exactly why they will do it again and again until it is stopped!
Yep. There are still GOP-ers who think it was all true.  **nononono*

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What really is sad is that the GOP (National) and those in COngress couldn't throw Moore under the bus fast enough. They pulled National support when they should have supported him the most. For me, that was an indicator they were all too relieved to keep Moore out themselves. Which of them would want a man of principle who just might blow the whistle on their lucrative scam in DC?
There might be a few exceptions to the corruption in DC, but there is a reason that walls don't get built, Hillary is still loose, Obamacare is still there. It's the CONgress.

@Smokin Joe

Right on!  The only time those 535 little darlings need us is on election day.  After that, they go right back to work for their Chamber of Commerce and K Street masters never even giving the people who elected them a thought.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The funny story in this is ole Dougie playing stupid for the press about the whole deal....

NYTimes article says... Doug Jones ‘Outraged’ by Russian-Style Tactics Used in His Senate Race

Outraged I tell ya... outraged all the way into a seat that never should of been his...
Your winnings, sir.

Sorry...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Sorry about dragging this out... but just wanted to put out a little thing I noticed... maybe nothing but..

It was yet another California connection. Reid Hoffman, co-founder of Linked-in and the source of finance mentioned in this article, lives in Palo Alto, Ca. Christine Blasey Ford, the Brett Kavanaugh accuser, is a professor where? Palo Alto Univeristy.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

happy77
Was Coffman prepubescent when Moore pursued her?  Because if she wasn't, it wasn't pedophilia.

The funny thing with Coffman claiming she was 14 at the time, is that Roy Moore was at that time between houses. She will not state if the place she claims Roy took her to was a trailer or a house. She provided a bunch of generic things that any house would have (a TV, but Roy claims he did NOT have a TV at this time). This is important, because as of now, they don't know which place Roy lived at and a wrong answer by her would discredit her whole story. Her lawyers have pressed Moore to give more details so they can gleam which direction to present her story, but Roy is too crafty to let them know.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Sorry about dragging this out... but just wanted to put out a little thing I noticed... maybe nothing but..

It was yet another California connection. Reid Hoffman, co-founder of Linked-in and the source of finance mentioned in this article, lives in Palo Alto, Ca. Christine Blasey Ford, the Brett Kavanaugh accuser, is a professor where? Palo Alto Univeristy.

These types are very wealthy, have access to top technology. Ford had ties, with Google. A 75 mile radius of San Jose includes huge amounts of money and capability, not to mention liberal insanity.

Not every one of them, is evil. But most know how to get stuff done. Hoffman, Musk, Thiel, etc. etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

I find it hard to find any discernible difference than what McConnell's NRSC did to McDaniel's 2014 campaign next door in Mississippi~pedophile or racist, they both seem to carry the same mark in today's society, officially sanctioned or not.
   (Incidentally, Sen. Cruz left that committee after that display of hubris)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@Sighlass

Even more interesting,  Senator Feinstein's husband is a regent at,  you guessed it,  Palo Alto University.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Roy Moore brouhaha was quite revealing.

But what was -most- revealin', was how it exposed the leanin's and loyalties of a number of posters right here in this very forum!

Offline Smokin Joe

The Roy Moore brouhaha was quite revealing.

But what was -most- revealin', was how it exposed the leanin's and loyalties of a number of posters right here in this very forum!
Some folks question "October surprise" sources, some assume the worst, even if the source is shown to be politically (or otherwise questionably) motivated.

When someone has been up for election numerous times, when they still live in the area where the alleged actions supposedly occurred, and nothing is said about the alleged actions for forty years, it raises questions about motive and timing of the allegations. When those allegations are not pursued past the election, even more so.

I was, admittedly, taken somewhat aback by the sudden and complete vitriol displayed by some without fully investigating the facts. I thought that's part of what we did here (check stuff out to see if it passes the smell test).

As it turns out, there was ample reason to be catching the whiff of rot.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

Very true, but a pedophile is still a pedophile, no matter how much lipstick you put on him.

I have been told that once a pedophile always a pedophile. The allegations against Moore were 40 years
old with zero documentation to back them up. If Moore were in fact a pedophile I think something a little
more recent would have been turned up. We saw the lies the left used in its' attempt to destroy
Kavenough (sp). I find it far more probable that Judge Moore was the victim of a smear campaign by the
left than he was long ago a pedophile.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have been told that once a pedophile always a pedophile. The allegations against Moore were 40 years
old with zero documentation to back them up. If Moore were in fact a pedophile I think something a little
more recent would have been turned up. We saw the lies the left used in its' attempt to destroy
Kavenough (sp). I find it far more probable that Judge Moore was the victim of a smear campaign by the
left than he was long ago a pedophile.

Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children.  It does not apply in this case.  As with many other terms, it has been co-opted and is used without thought or evidence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

This definition says Pederasty is a homosexual relationship with a man and pubescent males, so that's not it either.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:34:47 am by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

This definition says Pederasty is a homosexual relationship with a man and pubescent males, so that's not it either.

It's either hebephilia or ephebophilia.

Offline Smokin Joe

He did what people do. He looked, as a 30 year-old single guy, at the rejects, retreads, and batsh*t crazy old maids of his age group and decided prospects would be better looking at younger (but legally eligible) ladies. It hasn't been that long since it was acceptable for younger women to marry me 10-15 years older, men who were established, and good providers. Recall, too, this was 40 year ago, not today. There was no truth to the rumor about misbehaving at the mall or getting kicked out, and what guy doesn't look at attractive women, wherever?

For those who were paying attention to the sources, the flaws in their stories, and the proximity to the election, this was a media generated hypefest based on questionable anecdotes, supposedly reinforced by an obviously altered signature in a yearbook.

IOW,it was BS. Some of us just saw through it then, and now its coming out that we were right.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He did what people do. He looked, as a 30 year-old single guy, at the rejects, retreads, and batsh*t crazy old maids of his age group and decided prospects would be better looking at younger (but legally eligible) ladies. It hasn't been that long since it was acceptable for younger women to marry me 10-15 years older, men who were established, and good providers. Recall, too, this was 40 year ago, not today. There was no truth to the rumor about misbehaving at the mall or getting kicked out, and what guy doesn't look at attractive women, wherever?

For those who were paying attention to the sources, the flaws in their stories, and the proximity to the election, this was a media generated hypefest based on questionable anecdotes, supposedly reinforced by an obviously altered signature in a yearbook.

IOW,it was BS. Some of us just saw through it then, and now its coming out that we were right.

Had I lived in Alabama I probably would have voted for the guy, but approaching a 14 year old girl with romantic intentions is just creepy. 

Offline Smokin Joe

Had I lived in Alabama I probably would have voted for the guy, but approaching a 14 year old girl with romantic intentions is just creepy.
Depends on the 14 year old, whether the story is even true, and whether he knew she was 14 IF he did.

I have seen 14 year olds 'going on twenty', and there are more every day.

Every class had that girl who was better developed than her peers and could pass for older.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Depends on the 14 year old, whether the story is even true, and whether he knew she was 14 IF he did.

I have seen 14 year olds 'going on twenty', and there are more every day.

Every class had that girl who was better developed than her peers and could pass for older.

It was up to him to know.  And, you are correct: we don't know if the story is correct or not. 

Offline Smokin Joe

It was up to him to know.  And, you are correct: we don't know if the story is correct or not.
Given that an assistant DA would be fully cognizant of the repercussions of involving himself with an underage girl, that his M.O. included asking the parents for permission to date their daughters, and the complete absence of even anecdotal evidence that he ever behaved in such fashion otherwise, (which offenders do, they have a screw loose that way), I'd say it is likely the incident as related was a fabrication. He lived in the area for a long time, and there would likely be many more such stories with some level of credibility if he was truly a predator in that vein.
That seems reason enough to doubt the veracity of that claim.
If there was an incident, it wouldn't be the first time a guy had been lied to. I know I took statements of age at face value, but I dated older ladies (by a few months to a couple of years) as a rule.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:54:20 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
None of this is relevant because there is no evidence that anything happened.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
None of this is relevant because there is no evidence that anything happened.

@Restored

Absolutely 100% true!  The entire episode was manufactured to keep a real boy scout out of the U.S. Senate because they KNEW he wouldn't have played along with their illicit doings.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

What we know is it is a "he said she said" thing right now. She gave some details of the date with evil intentions but would NOT give details like if it was a house or a trailer, why, because only Roy Moore and a few family members know if Roy had moved into his house at that time or not. This would kill her whole story with a 50% guess.

Also it was shown that she claims he approached her at 14 while at the court house, but not at 16 when she was also at the court house. Her only character witness was a female "friend" that happens to be married to one of the most liberal Hollywood connected people in California.

https://www.facebook.com/BRDavis72

Betsy Davis (Jewish) is friends with the chairman of the local Gadsden Democrat party... just a little too convenient to me.

https://www.facebook.com/ann.green.7946

The story of Roy Moore cruising the malls and being banned was started by this lady... she is just bat crazy liberal... she used her estranged husband to push the story.... then later the crazy liberal black police officer said she heard the same thing....

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.obar

(black police lady deleted her FB page).... after was found out that Roy Moore put one of her kids in jail.

The banned at the mall thing was debunked.... Now the Russian bot thing was debunked.. and it has been shown that there was a major effort to push rumors on FB via liberals.

@Sanguine
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:10:01 am by Sighlass »