Author Topic: DHS promises changes to protect health of migrant children  (Read 442 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS promises changes to protect health of migrant children
« on: December 26, 2018, 09:57:02 pm »
DHS promises changes to protect health of migrant children
By Nathaniel Weixel - 12/26/18 04:01 PM EST

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is promising changes to how the agency handles the health of migrant children in U.S. custody, following the death of a second child in less than a month.

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Wednesday said the agency will adopt a “series of extraordinary protective measures,” including having the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention investigate an uptick in “sick children” crossing the border.

Nielsen also said she asked the Coast Guard Medical Corps to provide an assessment of Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) medical programs and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.

The announcement comes as congressional Democrats are promising an investigation into the death of an 8-year-old boy from Guatemala, the second such death of a child in CBP custody in a little over two weeks.

more
https://thehill.com/latino/422912-dhs-promises-changes-to-protect-health-of-migrant-children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: DHS promises changes to protect health of migrant children
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 10:20:23 pm »
They are already sick coming from Mexico.   Everyone knows that there were significant numbers of migrants sick.  The conditions which they were living is why they are sick.  They are a caravan of people sleeping together and sharing toilets without proper hygiene. Many of them were known to be sick.

"You know, things we worry about are things like infectious diarrhea, anything being passed on from not being able to wash your hands," Sierra said.

The doctors are treating illnesses such as upper respiratory infections, rashes and gastroenterology problems, including diarrhea, constipation and upset stomachs.

"I saw mostly women and children, actually most of the women I saw were pregnant — 6 to 8 months pregnant. They’ve been traveling in that state and they’re very fatigued and very traumatized quite frankly by the journey and having to flee their homeland," she said.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/nov/29/san-diego-doctors-volunteer-treat-migrants-crowded/

Notice they said most of the women were pregnant.  They put their own health in danger on this journey exposing themselves to all kinds of sickness.  The organizers and the people themselves are responsible for the health issues they have.  Not border facilities, but of course we will be sued because these sick people die.  The young girl had already left the facility when she died and they are suing for 60 million.  That is the news story if you ask me.  Falsely accusing the United States of death when they were traveling and sleeping in germ infested camps.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:25:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:26:51 pm »
The best thing we can do for this situation is to close the border down and let these kids stay home.

Online berdie

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:36:03 pm »
The thing that annoys me (as usual) are the headlines. "Child Dies In US Custody". No mention of the long trip and possible health issues developed on the way.  It really ticks me off. :taz:

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 10:49:57 pm »
Now they will bring their sick to the border.