Author Topic: ICE Continues To Release Asylum-Seekers At Public Park In El Paso, Texas  (Read 379 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 888high58888

I love it!

For the third day in a row, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials released hundreds of migrant asylum-seekers at a park near a bus station in downtown El Paso. The comparisons to Mary and Joseph wandering the roads of Bethlehem seeking shelter are unavoidable for dozens of volunteers who have stepped in to help. Especially on Christmas Day.

"I kept having the phrase go through my head last night, 'There's no room at the inn, we've got to make some,'" Kathryn Schmidt, a social worker who co-founded the Borderland Rainbow Center, an LGBTQ community center, told NPR.

"I grew up Catholic... So it seemed like a no-brainer. There are people who are hungry, who don't have a place to stay....and it's Christmas," Schmidt added.

Beginning on Sunday and continuing into Christmas Eve, ICE dropped off approximately 400 migrants near the Greyhound bus terminal with no apparent plan in place for the men, women and children.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/25/680087478/ice-continues-to-release-hundreds-of-asylum-seekers-into-public-park-in-el-paso
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: ICE Continues To Release Asylum-Seekers At Public Park In El Paso, Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 11:50:52 pm »
This is why a wall "works".
It keeps these invaders from American soil in the first place.

All they have to do is to "touch American soil", then turn themselves over to border agents, and... they're in !