Author Topic: Pelosi mocks GOP 'meltdown' over wall funding  (Read 723 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi mocks GOP 'meltdown' over wall funding
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:42:10 pm »
Pelosi mocks GOP 'meltdown' over wall funding
by Susan Ferrechio
 | December 20, 2018 11:57 AM

House Republican plans to quickly pass a short-term spending bill stalled on Thursday after President Trump and conservative GOP lawmakers balked at the lack of funding for a border wall.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called it a "sort of meltdown on the part of the Republicans" and said she wasn't sure how the rest of the day would unfold.

Republicans canceled their weekly press conference after a contentious closed-door meeting with GOP lawmakers Thursday morning.

Lawmakers had hoped to clear the short-term measure for Trump’s signature this afternoon and then leave town for the holiday break. They face a deadline of Friday at midnight to pass the spending measure and prevent a partial government closure of nine agencies.

But Trump’s tweets complaining about the lack of wall funding and his last-minute call Thursday morning with Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., have left the plans in doubt.

It then turned into an impromptu White House meeting that had some worried Trump was prepared to veto the spending bill unless it included funding for the border wall. Ryan, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, and Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows were set to attend the noon meeting.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-mocks-gop-meltdown-over-wall-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Pelosi mocks GOP 'meltdown' over wall funding
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 05:44:55 pm »
Even Rats are entitled to a victory lap once in a while.  This is one of those whiles. 22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »
Even Rats are entitled to a victory lap once in a while.  This is one of those whiles. 22222frying pan
Why wouldn't she, new face SOS! It's hard to think of the last time the GOP had balls, all the GOP does is bloviate, no matter how much advantage they have over the democrats, and than they fold like coward. Oh they prance around and put on a show like a stallion, but in the end they always turn out to be geldings. **nononono*

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 12:26:16 am »
Nancy's gloating may be the reason for Trump's latest reversal.  I would love it if Trump got his funding because Nancy overplayed her hand.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 01:04:36 am »
I would love it if Trump got his funding because Nancy overplayed her hand.

We all need dreams.  I would love a Hope Hicks/Ivanka Trump sandwich.  Merry Christmas. :tree3:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 01:32:19 am »
Nancy's gloating may be the reason for Trump's latest reversal.  I would love it if Trump got his funding because Nancy overplayed her hand.

Well he got it from the House.   The Senate is a different galaxy.  @Hoodat