Author Topic: Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9t  (Read 1694 times)

rangerrebew

Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9th Grade; No. 50 in High School Graduates

(CNSNews.com) - California ranks No. 1 among the 50 states for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 50th for the percentage who have graduated from high school, according to new data from the Census Bureau [1].

Texas ranks No. 2 for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 49th for the percentage who have graduated from high school.

9.7 percent of California residents 25 and older, the Census Bureau says [1], never completed ninth grade. Only 82.5 percent graduated from high school.

8.7 percent of Texas residents 25 and older [1] never completed ninth grade, and only 82.8 percent graduated from high school.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/least-educated-state-california-no-1-percentage-residents-25-and

Offline skeeter

From first to last in a generation and a half. I wonder what changed?/s

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hmmmm.   I wonder what California and Texas have in common? 

Online rustynail

Who cares?  They know how to vote democrat.

Offline skeeter

Who cares?  They know how to vote democrat.

Of course the question is rhetorical. Leftists here have worked hard to create an angry entitled and very ignorant electorate.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They're also #1 and #2 in overall population. Does that transfer linearly to other states? Do the smallest states have fewer dropouts, and does that thus mean that all of this talk about "economics of scale" is utter hogwash?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
3 words.

Il le gals.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ya think?   :shrug:

My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If Cali ever lost Silicon Valley, they'd be toast.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

You're sort of like a thesaurus.

Online Wingnut

You're sort of like a thesaurus.

Nope.  A provincial putz.  :smokin:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ya think?   :shrug:

It's that and the fact that we have so many legal and illegal Hispanic families that insure they remain uneducated by
1. Not assimilating into American culture, they continue to speak only Spanish in the home and with so many Hispanic markets, businesses and enabling b the government they never have to.
2. Because they don't push for education like other immigrants past and present, both parents are out working, no matter how many babies and Lord they have a lot, so school age kids are either home watching siblings or going right to work after school to help support the family.

My son was a new teacher freshly graduated and eager, he got hired at a upper middle class school but after two weeks a teacher that had retired decide to come back because  retirement was too expensive and my son was transferred to one of the lowest income schools in the district. He got burned out after only a few months because the majority of the kids saw no way out, they either worked or cared for their siblings and only saw the same life as their parents and didn't bother with the course work.

Now this isn't the case for all by any means, but is for far to many that drop out to work or join gangs and we end up with the illiterate coming in and being born here for generations. And also because the smarter ones move out of California for the same reason as others, to get their kids away from the gangs and lowlifes and to insure they assimilate for a better future. I lost more than a few really good Hispanic employees for that very reason over twenty years ago.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The US has lacked the political will, to secure the borders and to deport people since the term of Eisenhower (Operation Wetback).

BOTH parties use the issue, to their advantage.

I firmly believe Trump expected the GOP congress majority would act. Disappointed.

But less disappointed than I was when Reagan did his 1986 Amnesty and changed the state's future (his own state).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The US has lacked the political will, to secure the borders and to deport people since the term of Eisenhower (Operation Wetback).

BOTH parties use the issue, to their advantage.

I firmly believe Trump expected the GOP congress majority would act. Disappointed.

But less disappointed than I was when Reagan did his 1986 Amnesty and changed the state's future (his own state).
I will give Reagan this, it was supposed to the last amnesty and congress was supposed to deal with immigration, but considering how long Reagan was active in politics as well as his own past as democrat..............he should have known better.

Offline DB

Notice they say "residents" and not "citizens"...

It would be interesting to know how that compares to "citizens"... Probably a very different picture...

Online Wingnut

Notice they say "residents" and not "citizens"...

It would be interesting to know how that compares to "citizens"... Probably a very different picture...

Good point.  But...
They probably can't ask that question of the "residents" so we will probably never know!   :cool:

Offline Frank Cannon

If Cali ever lost Silicon Valley, they'd be toast.

With the dismal stuff Apple is putting out and the troubles the rest of the big tech companies are having, it won't be long.