Author Topic: PLEASE READ: Frustrated opioid patients speak out: 'I now buy heroin on the street'  (Read 10362 times)

Online rustynail

Not trying to hijack the thread but for moderate joint pain and movement issues I have
had Great relief with CBD oil.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Problems that have no solution tend to perpetuate. As far as I can tell, lawyers will solve this problem. There will be so many lawsuits, the manufacturers will just quit making the pills or make them too expensive to obtain.
That's how the problem gets "fixed".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not trying to hijack the thread but for moderate joint pain and movement issues I have

I don't know if you can hijack a train that has jumped the track and is off the rails!

:tree3:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It assumes everybody has an addictive personality.

Addictive substances like heroin, opioids, cigarettes, give uncomfortable withdrawal. Avoiding same, is the reason the user takes the next dose, and the next,,etc.

The term "addictive personality" is rarely heard in 12-step pitches.

What is heard, is the "insanity" of the first drink, knowledge of bad consequences, etc.even though it is known to be dangerous behavior.

So from my experience of 25 years sobriety, I would substitute "a mental defect (insanity), which seeks danger, in spite of high intelligence,

Addiction is

--Physical (very short term)

--Mental craving (medium term)

--Spiritual obsession (lifelong)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Not a bad hijack...

I've read mixed reviews on CBD, ranging from "Miracle Cure" to "Worthless."   I'd say just about anything that won't hurt you is worth a try...maybe a great thing for the patient involved.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Problems that have no solution tend to perpetuate. As far as I can tell, lawyers will solve this problem. There will be so many lawsuits, the manufacturers will just quit making the pills or make them too expensive to obtain.
That's how the problem gets "fixed".

"I'm a Lawyer and I'm here to help" is about as frightening as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

If you guys think my position on this matter is outrageous, wait till I tell you what I think about orphan kids.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Addictive substances like heroin, opioids, cigarettes, give uncomfortable withdrawal. Avoiding same, is the reason the user takes the next dose, and the next,,etc.

You jumped the shark right there in the first line.  People don't necessarily take the "next dose" to avoid withdrawal.  That assumes everybody is addicted, and it's impossible to take the Opioid and not get addicted.  That is how one mis-steers from "What's good for the patient" to "How do we stop the use of the medication by the patient."  The latter assumes addiction, which is the view you have stated every time this subject comes up.  It takes a certain arrogance/ignorance to assume that.

The patients described in the story take the next dose because the pain level increased toward "unbearable."  The prescribed reason.  If the level of dosage has to increase to provide the relief, that could be an indication of addiction because the medication is losing its effectiveness.  I've seen people take Hydrocodone for years and never see it lose effectiveness.  The patient or caregiver must be diligent in logging all doses to monitor the levels and frequency.

Sure, those aren't the people driving the "crisis," but they are the people who will be severely impacted if this program of stamping out all uses of Opioids continues.  It's a pretty easy stance to take.  All one have to do is erase one's compassion and conscience.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:55:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"I'm a Lawyer and I'm here to help" is about as frightening as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Well there are 2 of the 3 biggest lies..... :cool:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well there are 2 of the 3 biggest lies..... :cool:

Promising a pull-out being #3?  :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think @The Ghost was demonstrating the absurdity by being absurd.
Well.........I have been known to be obtuse at times if I misconstrued the intent of @The Ghost my bad  :beer:

Offline Wingnut

Well.........I have been known to be obtuse at times if I misconstrued the intent of @The Ghost my bad  :beer:

We are good !  I thought my hook slide at the end (the "Suicide is Painless" from M*A*S*H) was the dead give away!
@GtHawk

7777sleigh   :tree3:

Online GtHawk

Lighten up Francis.  Don't go blowing a blood vessel during your rage.
@The Ghost I've got no problem with admitting I screwed the pooch.............again. And just for the record when I misread a post like I did yours, it's............

Online GtHawk

If you guys think my position on this matter is outrageous, wait till I tell you what I think about orphan kids.
Well @Amb. Frank Cannon tell us, baked or fried?

Offline Frank Cannon

Well @Amb. Frank Cannon tell us, baked or fried?

We need to set them up in cheap labor work camps so that we can more easily compete with the Chinamen.

Offline Wingnut

We need to set them up in cheap labor work camps so that we can more easily compete with the Chinamen.

Why you little Dickens!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@The Ghost I've got no problem with admitting I screwed the pooch.............again. And just for the record when I misread a post like I did yours, it's............

It's all good, 'Hawk.   :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

It's all good, 'Hawk.   :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yep.    rrthree   @GtHawk  I did play a Doctor once in an off off off Broadway Play and I stay in HI expresses!

Offline Victoria33

...people wouldn't be committing suicide because they are in so much pain.  I hope you never encounter the kind of pain that these people experience and if you do, hopefully, no one will turn around and call you a junkie when you're just trying to find a way to tolerate your excruciating pain that never eases up regardless of what you take.
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty
@GtHawk

About seven months ago, I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis due to two neck vertebra collapsing and putting pressure on one nerve that goes through both shoulders and down to the wrists.  One cannot function when both shoulders/wrists cannot be used due to that level of pain.  The severity of the pain can only be known if you have experienced it, too. 

I believe the above is true - one cannot understand/evaluate another person's pain unless the person evaluating has actually had that particular pain. 

Those here who treat pain as a joke, make comments about the pain of others saying they don't need meds, should be shunned by those who know pain.  Don't respond to others who have no understanding of a high level of pain.

Bless all of you who have pain - I wish you a future of less pain so you can function and enjoy your life. Bless those of you who understand the pain of others.
Marcella
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:43:29 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

About seven months ago, I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis due to two neck vertebra collapsing and putting pressure on one nerve that goes through both shoulders and down to the wrists.  One cannot function when both shoulders/wrists cannot be used due to that level of pain.  The severity of the pain can only be known if you have experienced it, too. 

I believe the above is true - one cannot understand/evaluate another person's pain unless the person evaluating has actually had that particular pain. 

Those here who treat pain as a joke, make comments about the pain of others saying they don't need meds, should be shunned by those who know pain.  Don't respond to others who have no understanding of a high level of pain.

Bless all of you who have pain - I wish you a future of less pain so you can function and enjoy your life. Bless those of you who understand the pain of others.
Marcella

@Victoria33  You and I have discussed this at length via PM, and I know what you are saying here is one of the most important posts in the thread.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Marcella

I agree Victoria. I too have chronic pain and so far shots are not working and the pain pills being prescribed are not working....I have heavy duty pain pills which I hoard and take only when I can't take it anymore...a sad state.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty
Marcella

Well said, Marcella.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree Victoria. I too have chronic pain and so far shots are not working and the pain pills being prescribed are not working....I have heavy duty pain pills which I hoard and take only when I can't take it anymore...a sad state.

@mystery-ak   @Victoria33

1) Get a prescription for medical marijuana
2) Find the strain named "See You In The Morning"

You're welcome.   888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

Texas does not have legal marijuana except under very, very strict controls that do not include pain management, Epilepsy only.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak   @Victoria33

1) Get a prescription for medical marijuana
2) Find the strain named "See You In The Morning"

You're welcome.   888high58888

Don't forget to turn in all your firearms to the police.  You are in violation of Federal law the moment you accept the card.  (I know you're kidding!)
I will NOT comply.