Author Topic: US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico  (Read 3304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico
« on: December 18, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »
US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico
By MARK STEVENSON36 minutes ago

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The United States pledged $5.8 billion in aid and investment Tuesday for strengthening government and economic development in Central America, and another $4.8 billion in development aid for southern Mexico.

The U.S aid aims to promote better security conditions and job opportunities as part of a regional plan to allow Central Americans and Mexicans to remain in their countries and not have to emigrate.

The plan was announced in a joint U.S.-Mexican statement released by the State Department and read aloud by Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Marcelo Ebrard in the Mexican capital.

“In sum I think this is good news, very good news for Mexico,” Ebrard said.

Newly inaugurated President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador waxed poetic about the plan to provide jobs so people won’t have to emigrate.

“I have a dream that I want to see become a reality ... that nobody will want to go work in the United States anymore,” Lopez Obrador said at a morning news conference before the announcement.

more
https://apnews.com/0fcda32812024680ad98676379c47233
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:48:57 pm »
Money to give away but none for the Wall... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:08:16 pm »
Mexico will give back the $4.8B, thus fulfilling the promise that they will pay for the wall.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:10:24 pm »
Is anyone really surprised?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:12:44 pm »
Is anyone really surprised?

How the Trump contingent here spins this is going to be a hoot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 10:14:11 pm »
I wonder where we're going to borrow the money for that?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:17:03 pm »
Mexico will give back the $4.8B, thus fulfilling the promise that they will pay for the wall.

With this, and the WH Press secretary stating that Wall may be off the table?.............

Under what scenario now does Trump get re-elected? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 10:19:09 pm »
I wonder where we're going to borrow the money for that?

Don't worry.  I think the Bureau of Engraving and printing has installed turbochargers on the money printing presses.   No problemo.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 10:22:02 pm »
   He'll proclaim during his re election campaign that one of the major goals of his Space Initiative is to send all remaining Conservatives to the Moon (without Space suits).

And the crowd will roar 'Kill em All'
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:26:29 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 10:22:30 pm »
What is this?  A bribe to prevent future "caravans" of invaders from coming here?

This nation has already sent piles of cash to these hellholes.  What have they done with all that money if these countries are so poor and crime ridden that their citizens have to come here? 

Enough is enough.  Time to shut off the tap and force these countries to take care of their own.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:36 pm »
What is this?  A bribe to prevent future "caravans" of invaders from coming here?

This nation has already sent piles of cash to these hellholes.  What have they done with all that money if these countries are so poor and crime ridden that their citizens have to come here? 

Enough is enough.  Time to shut off the tap and force these countries to take care of their own.

Been saying since the beginning that Trump would dupe the masses.  The soldiers are now starting to file out of the Orange Trojan Horse.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 03:40:17 am »

Sounds like it's due.

Redirect it. All of it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 05:17:47 am »
Don't worry.  I think the Bureau of Engraving and printing has installed turbochargers on the money printing presses.   No problemo.
Whew...thank God for that... I was worried we wouldn't have enough printing presses. I've bought some extra large wheelbarrows to haul my money around when it's near worthless. 

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 06:26:04 am »
How much cash was flown back to Iran for nothing other than a photo op legacy for Obama?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 07:54:39 am »
And still crickets from the usual crowd...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DB

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:14 am »
And still crickets from the usual crowd...

Not to worry, the Trumpsplaining is sure to come. It always does. I have to give them credit. Sometimes it's pretty creative and presented with great sincerity. A tough row to hoe...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 08:50:52 am »
Not to worry, the Trumpsplaining is sure to come. It always does. I have to give them credit. Sometimes it's pretty creative and presented with great sincerity. A tough row to hoe...

Maybe I was right and this is a bribe to keep away the illegals.  Or yielding to extortion.  Remember the supposed caravan leaders were demanding asylum or money to go home.  I doubt Trump's wall is ever really going to be built and the Democrats aren't really interested  in measures to enforce our immigration laws.  So yielding to the extortion demands of the "migrants" in the form of foreign aid is the solution these DC geniuses have come up with.   

I can hear it now -- Trump and the Republicans in their campaigns will say, well, we didn't   get a wall, but this is the next best thing.  We fixed the illegal immigration crisis.   

And the idiot voters will accept that claim.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:50:16 am by Applewood »

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 09:32:10 am »
If we were really serious about controlling illegal immigration we would stop giving benefits to non-citizens. In addition we'd have serious penalties for employing illegals. Employing illegals is really stealing from the community where they live and work. The community is saddled with the costs of their employer's cheap labor. From schools, law enforcement to medical care and loss of local jobs. We wouldn't allow illegals to buy or rent property or get a mortgage. In other words, we would remove the incentives to come here illegally. If we did those things "a wall" wouldn't be needed. In addition many current illegals would self deport not being able to find work or collect benefits from citizen taxpayers.

But we are not serious about this issue. Both parities have entrenched interests in continuing the flow of illegals. Walls and illegal immigration are just political fodder for votes.

Trump stumbled across gold with "the wall" during the primary. It turned his campaign around and got Sessions on board early on. It was the turning point issue. And this was the same Trump that said Romney was "mean spirited" when he campaigned to deport illegals only 4 years earlier.

Trump's voters were played. The art of the deal style. Now they give him a pass because "he tried".

And here we are.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 10:44:59 am »

True that 99% of the time.

However, I don't think any level of supersonic spinning is going explain how the Orange One just pissed on his cornerstone campaign promise. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »
True that 99% of the time.

However, I don't think any level of supersonic spinning is going explain how the Orange One just pissed on his cornerstone campaign promise.

That's true for those of us who are not enthralled by  Trump.  But there are some gullible enough to accept any outrageous explanation (excuse) for his failure.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 12:50:56 pm »
Better we should tell these countries that if they seal their borders and shut down the illegals for a period of ___ years, then we'll give you some aid - and not until then.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2018, 01:44:59 pm »

But every Central American who doesn't feel compelled to emigrate is one less migrant crossing the border.

There's no reason not to attack this problem from both ends.   Border security, to be sure, but when we know that the migrants are all coming from the same area of the world where  intolerable conditions exist,  why not address the "root" causes?   Or acquire leverage to encourage Mexico to deal with the problem by securing their southern border?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2018, 01:56:17 pm »

@mystery-ak

Yeah,me,too.

I suspect the story is in finding who wrote the bill and voted for the giveaway. I would be willing to bet it includes language about open borders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 01:59:17 pm »
How the Trump contingent here spins this is going to be a hoot.

@catfish1957

What's a hoot are the ignorant fools that think  it isn't Congress doing this. You people WANT Trump to fail so you scream "I WAS RIGHT!" to the point you might as well be your leftist brothers in the DNC.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 02:03:52 pm »

@Applewood

Since the US State Dept is behind it,I suspect it is nothing more than a gift to contractors and others who have promised them a cut of the take.