Author Topic: US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico  (Read 3303 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 02:08:31 pm »

In addition we'd have serious penalties for employing illegals. Employing illegals is really stealing from the community where they live and work. The community is saddled with the costs of their employer's cheap labor. From schools, law enforcement to medical care and loss of local jobs. We wouldn't allow illegals to buy or rent property or get a mortgage. In other words, we would remove the incentives to come here illegally. If we did those things "a wall" wouldn't be needed. In addition many current illegals would self deport not being able to find work or collect benefits from citizen taxpayers.

@DB
I agree,but there is no way in hell the government can hold private contractors responsible for what the government itself refuses to do. After all,this sort of thing is why "The Government" exists to start with.

Turning small businesses into branches of federal law enforcement agencies is NOT a move I want to see made.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »
But every Central American who doesn't feel compelled to emigrate is one less migrant crossing the border.

There's no reason not to attack this problem from both ends.   Border security, to be sure, but when we know that the migrants are all coming from the same area of the world where  intolerable conditions exist,  why not address the "root" causes?   Or acquire leverage to encourage Mexico to deal with the problem by securing their southern border?   

But throwing money at the problem hasn't worked before.  As I said before, we have given these countries huge sums of money in aid and these countries are still hellholes.  Has anyone asked just what happened to the aid we have already sent to these countries?

Perhaps I might be ok with these monetary giveaways if there was some oversight over how and where the money is being spent.  As it is now, if we do send money to the region, you can be sure that in a matter of months, they will be crying for more. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 03:11:31 pm »
@catfish1957

What's a hoot are the ignorant fools that think  it isn't Congress doing this. You people WANT Trump to fail so you scream "I WAS RIGHT!" to the point you might as well be your leftist brothers in the DNC.

Congress made Trump say "OK, I won't shut the government down"?  Hypnosis or something?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »
@catfish1957

What's a hoot are the ignorant fools that think  it isn't Congress doing this. You people WANT Trump to fail so you scream "I WAS RIGHT!" to the point you might as well be your leftist brothers in the DNC.

@sneakypete

My leftist brothers?  That's rich.  It's you and your POTUS who are sending the cash down there bubba.  Where's the Orange Fool's Tweet to dispute that?

I am beginning to think it is you and your Orange contingent here who are the liberal wolves in sheep's clothing!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2018, 07:01:23 pm »
That bargaining chip of holding out the money, until Central American countries stopped caravans is now off the table.
Yes, this is congress, but Trump has 2 choices, and he always has them.

Sign or Veto.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 07:27:42 pm »
That bargaining chip of holding out the money, until Central American countries stopped caravans is now off the table.
Yes, this is congress, but Trump has 2 choices, and he always has them.

Sign or Veto.

He'll sign it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 07:32:58 pm »
He'll sign it.

He has every time so far, so the odds would be in favor of him doing so again.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 07:33:50 pm »
He'll sign it.

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn has just emerged from a lunch on Capitol Hill with Vice President Mike Pence and told CNN that President Trump will sign the clean Continuing Resolution to keep the government funded through Feb. 8.

“He will sign a clean CR,” Cornyn told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/government-shutdown-december-2018/h_c12aab5264720c389f23117dd8e629c0
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 07:35:03 pm »

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn has just emerged from a lunch on Capitol Hill with Vice President Mike Pence and told CNN that President Trump will sign the clean Continuing Resolution to keep the government funded through Feb. 8.

“He will sign a clean CR,” Cornyn told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/government-shutdown-december-2018/h_c12aab5264720c389f23117dd8e629c0

I need to go buy a Lotto ticket tonight.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »
@sneakypete

My leftist brothers?  That's rich.

@catfish1957

Not to mention accurate. You probably still think the Bush Crime Family is composed of conservatives.

I am beginning to think.....

ROFLMAO! Who do you expect to believe that?

Online DB

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 08:41:53 pm »

@catfish1957

Not to mention accurate. You probably still think the Bush Crime Family is composed of conservatives.

ROFLMAO! Who do you expect to believe that?

Totally failed logic. But you just can't help yourself. Just because A does not equal B doesn't mean A must equal C.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 10:48:17 pm »
This is disappointing.

98% or more of that money will be wasted, and giving it accomplishes nothing.

They should have taken 1/3 for wall funding and saved the rest...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2018, 01:12:45 pm »
This is disappointing.

98% or more of that money will be wasted, and giving it accomplishes nothing.

@Fishrrman

Bring money,and nothing more.

They should have taken 1/3 for wall funding and saved the rest...

Yup!