Author Topic: We Hear You: No, the Migrants in That Caravan Have No ‘Right’ to Cross Our Border  (Read 294 times)

rangerrebew

We Hear You: No, the Migrants in That Caravan Have No ‘Right’ to Cross Our Border

December 02, 2018

Commentary By
Portrait of Ken McIntyre

Editor’s note: Nolan Peterson’s reporting from the U.S.-bound “caravan” of migrants rang bells with The Daily Signal’s audience, and you’re not shy about sharing your views. Most of today’s mailbag is devoted to those comments. Our address is letters@dailysignal.com.—Ken McIntyre

Dear Daily Signal: While I feel great compassion for these people in Nolan Peterson’s report, who have been assembled by others with an agenda that uses them as pawns in their subterfuge, I am adamant that the only proper response to this event is to deport, deflect, or deny them (“‘It’s Your Right to Go to the US’: What I Saw When I Visited the Migrant Caravan”).

If the migrants are permitted to enter, this will balloon out of all existing proportion to a massive crisis, worse than Europe has seen. Literally millions are watching to see the outcome.

The only reasonable response is to deny them all entry, in a most public fashion that sends a signal to others waiting to see what happens that this is not the answer.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/12/02/we-hear-you-no-the-migrants-in-that-caravan-have-no-right-to-cross-our-border/