Author Topic: Extreme heat increasing in both summer and winter  (Read 9280 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Extreme heat increasing in both summer and winter
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2018, 05:34:14 pm »
One facet of that is AGW.

I don't think so. I think they will use your opposition to science to delegitimize everything you say so they can complete their goals.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2018, 05:39:35 pm »
I don't think so. I think they will use your opposition to science to delegitimize everything you say so they can complete their goals.

Then you are wrong. The only purpose of Kyoto and Paris was redistribution of primarily US funds into developing nations - redistribution on a massive scale.

And my opposition to science is well founded. You are artificially creating a rock and a hard place - Either I accept science and thereby accept global order, or I accept the direction of politics and accept global order.

I cry bullshit, and a pox on all their houses. I don't believe a damn one of em, because their hole cards are showing.

Offline thackney

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2018, 05:55:26 pm »
It doesn't matter if you're a real conservative when the people you vote for are not. The one world agenda is being pushed by business interests that own both sides. The scientists are not the bad guys.

The select group of scientists, distorting the data and ignoring some data to promote an agenda, they are a big part of the problem.  They push for government funding of their projects, paid by increased taxes of plans like the carbon tax.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2018, 07:16:54 pm »
Ummmm, I did go to a big university.

@Dexter- not that this is at all relevant to intelligence nor wisdom, but I got my Master's Degree from THE Ohio State University, which one of the five largest universities in the country.

According to you, I should believe in AGW.....

and yet....................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2018, 07:18:10 pm »
Oh bullshit. In the first place, common sense is worth way more than knowledge, and is something scientists and collegians tend to be particularly lacking. They tend to be winnowed into a very focused field, but poured over with knowledge, and utterly lacking in experiences useful in comparison, makes for a particularly unwise combination ( @Smokin Joe certainly excepted)

Careful, for you sound like a cultist paying homage to a priesthood - Remember they all put their pants on one leg at a time, and half of them finished in the bottom of their class.

Good God no. There is no way in hell I would consider entering into those liberal hellholes. There is plenty of room for brilliance well away from your hallowed halls.

And when, during 150 years, exponentially more collection stations are installed in equatorial regions - far more than in northern climes, yet the data is treated as a flat average, scoffing is called for on its face.  When a collection station starts life in a cow pasture, and fifty years later is found surrounded by concrete and reflective metal buildings, yet the data is treated the very same, laughing and pointing is dang near required. That is the territory of idiocy. And these mistakes, and others like them are not single incidences, but rather, repeated over and over and over again. There is no excuse.

Total bullshit, spouted like an acolyte. People have shown you, over and over, with provable , well known examples, that the work is not merely flawed, but incredibly shoddy, underhanded, and politically motivated. Appealing to authorities like that just ain't gonna fly, Scooter.

@Dexter
@roamer_1
See:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/distorted-data-feds-close-600-weather-stations-amid-criticism-theyre-situated-to-report-warming

For an assessment of data collection sites and error introduced by development and/or poor siting, see: http://www.surfacestations.org/

Publication link: https://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/r-367.pdf

Garbage in, (and even then, the data are adjusted upward) garbage out....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:18:49 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2018, 07:24:50 pm »
The "conservatives" are pushing for open borders and world unity as well.
Those aren't Conservatives, they're liars.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Dexter

« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2018, 07:27:49 pm »
Those aren't Conservatives, they're liars.

Half of them are taking bribes from the Cock brothers and other open borders business people. They've infected the party so deeply it can't be trusted at all anymore in my opinion.
-Socrates

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2018, 07:29:00 pm »
Then you are wrong. The only purpose of Kyoto and Paris was redistribution of primarily US funds into developing nations - redistribution on a massive scale.

And my opposition to science is well founded. You are artificially creating a rock and a hard place - Either I accept science and thereby accept global order, or I accept the direction of politics and accept global order.

I cry bullshit, and a pox on all their houses. I don't believe a damn one of em, because their hole cards are showing.
The purpose of Kyoto was redistribution of wealth, to be sure, but the most insidious part (like the "World Court") was to make national governments subject to an overriding authority which would in effect be a form of global government. If a Nation can't make its own decisions within its own borders, it isn't sovereign, effectively it has been reduced to a vassal state.

Establish enough precedent of forced compliance, for any reason short of a casus belli, and national borders become truly meaningless, much as the degradation of State government has been done in the US since 1865.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2018, 07:31:58 pm »
Half of them are taking bribes from the Cock brothers and other open borders business people. They've infected the party so deeply it can't be trusted at all anymore in my opinion.
Are you referring to the Kochs? If so, why not spell it correctly. Your concern for the Republican party's health is curious and doubtful, at best.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2018, 07:33:44 pm »
The select group of scientists, distorting the data and ignoring some data to promote an agenda, they are a big part of the problem.  They push for government funding of their projects, paid by increased taxes of plans like the carbon tax.
Even more insidious is that those doing legitimate science will be splattered with the stain of this scam when the lid is peeled back. All science will be subject to the lack of credibility that will ensue. While legitimate science can certainly withstand the scrutiny of doubting Thomases, the default trust we have long earned through integrity and self-policing will be gone.  Al Gore's use of a political podium and infotainment venues to promote a disaster that does not exist have done more damage to science perhaps than the scientists themselves. Lest we forget, Al is no climate scientist, either. (But he stood to make a grundle on carbon credits if he could panic the country into demanding the law requiring them). As it was, much of his 100 million dollar fortune came from this scam.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:34:20 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2018, 07:37:22 pm »
If they are taking bribes, they are criminals. Conservatives believe in upholding laws which are Constitutional,. so, no, they aren't Conservative. They're 'pay for play' crooks. Which puts them in the same category as Hillary.

As for the Koch brothers funding research independent of the Universities which are sold out to AGW, someone has to pony up the money to do the research. The alternative would be a 'go fund me ' site or something--and that would likely be pulled down.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2018, 07:38:23 pm »
@Dexter- not that this is at all relevant to intelligence nor wisdom, but I got my Master's Degree from THE Ohio State University, which one of the five largest universities in the country.

According to you, I should believe in AGW.....

and yet....................

Now it is the 3rd largest.

O H ....

Oceander

« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2018, 07:43:16 pm »
The problem is you're all too damn smart to accept that there are a lot of things you don't understand, and that despite your impressive intelligence there are still a lot of people that would make all of us look objectively stupid by comparison.

No.  Most of us are smart enough to know that there are indicia of deceit and falsity that can be picked up even if one is not an expert in the subject matter in which the deception is being practiced.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:09 pm »
Are you referring to the Kochs? If so, why not spell it correctly. Your concern for the Republican party's health is curious and doubtful, at best.

Maintaining our nation takes priority. If that's actually what the Republicans were doing I'd vote for them.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
If they are taking bribes, they are criminals. Conservatives believe in upholding laws which are Constitutional,. so, no, they aren't Conservative. They're 'pay for play' crooks. Which puts them in the same category as Hillary.

As for the Koch brothers funding research independent of the Universities which are sold out to AGW, someone has to pony up the money to do the research. The alternative would be a 'go fund me ' site or something--and that would likely be pulled down.

Why do you trust research funded by the very business people that are pushing for open borders? Even Bernie Sanders isn't talking about that.
-Socrates

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »
If you went to a big university you should understand how little of this world any one person is actually capable of understanding.
It isn't a question of how big a University is, but of the quality of the university. For instance, one of my High School classmates was invited to attend here: http://www.webb.edu/ Full ride, and the best. But not a "big" University.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2018, 07:55:00 pm »
Global Warming solved:

1. Nuclear plants, to generate (most) electricity.

2. Big advancement of battery technology.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2018, 07:57:51 pm »
Global Warming solved:

I am all about nuclear energy. I think we should keep researching solar too though.
-Socrates

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2018, 07:58:41 pm »
Global Warming solved:

I think it is good to diversify our energy sources, as those become commercially viable. Unfortunately, both of those have a wee problem when they have reached the end of their service life, and waste disposal for nuke plants remains to be completely solved.

C S Lewis

Offline Dexter

« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »
waste disposal for nuke plants remains to be completely solved.

If we actually funded more research we could probably solve that problem. They have reactors now that can make use of recycled waste. Improve that technology. Also we could launch that stuff into space in blast proof containers.
-Socrates

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2018, 08:03:28 pm »
I am not educated enough to question the authority we are discussing.

I am. Don't lump me into your world.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2018, 08:40:28 pm »
Now it is the 3rd largest.

O H ....

I O!!!! 

I'm old enough so that when I went there, it was THE largest University in the country.    888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2018, 08:44:59 pm »
The problem is you're all too damn smart to accept that there are a lot of things you don't understand, and that despite your impressive intelligence there are still a lot of people that would make all of us look objectively stupid by comparison.

I'll agree. You are a stupid person who doesn't have the intellectual heft to handle concepts past those on Sesame Street. Feel better now?

Offline thackney

« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2018, 09:44:50 pm »
If we actually funded more research we could probably solve that problem. They have reactors now that can make use of recycled waste. Improve that technology. Also we could launch that stuff into space in blast proof containers.

France, Russia and Japan along with others have been recycling nuclear fuel for many decades.

Jimmy Carter shut down the US Nuclear recycling program and no politician has been willing to push it back into use.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/fuel-recycling/processing-of-used-nuclear-fuel.aspx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/10/01/why-doesnt-u-s-recycle-nuclear-fuel/#37be0488390f

Offline Dexter

« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »
France, Russia and Japan along with others have been recycling nuclear fuel for many decades.

Jimmy Carter shut down the US Nuclear recycling program and no politician has been willing to push it back into use.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/fuel-recycling/processing-of-used-nuclear-fuel.aspx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/10/01/why-doesnt-u-s-recycle-nuclear-fuel/#37be0488390f

I am a huge nuclear advocate. I actually got into a heated disagreement with my dad who is horrified of AGW but not willing to make use of the absolute best source of efficient and clean energy we have.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:47:53 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates