Author Topic: Extreme heat increasing in both summer and winter  (Read 9337 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Extreme heat increasing in both summer and winter
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2018, 03:23:35 pm »
A similar level of expertise is necessary to understand climate data like the scientists do. The point is a good brain and some common sense can't bridge a gap between you and somebody that went to college for 8 or more years and then practiced what they learned for decades. Not to mention those nerds are brilliant.

Oh bullshit. In the first place, common sense is worth way more than knowledge, and is something scientists and collegians tend to be particularly lacking. They tend to be winnowed into a very focused field, but poured over with knowledge, and utterly lacking in experiences useful in comparison, makes for a particularly unwise combination ( @Smokin Joe certainly excepted)

Careful, for you sound like a cultist paying homage to a priesthood - Remember they all put their pants on one leg at a time, and half of them finished in the bottom of their class.

How many of you have been to an Ivy League campus? Being a smart person means nothing. There are people so incredibly brilliant that it actually bothers me. Those are the kinds of people you're scoffing at.

Good God no. There is no way in hell I would consider entering into those liberal hellholes. There is plenty of room for brilliance well away from your hallowed halls.

And when, during 150 years, exponentially more collection stations are installed in equatorial regions - far more than in northern climes, yet the data is treated as a flat average, scoffing is called for on its face.  When a collection station starts life in a cow pasture, and fifty years later is found surrounded by concrete and reflective metal buildings, yet the data is treated the very same, laughing and pointing is dang near required. That is the territory of idiocy. And these mistakes, and others like them are not single incidences, but rather, repeated over and over and over again. There is no excuse.

Those are the kinds of people you think aren't analyzing this stuff correctly. We have no choice but to believe in the absolute most brilliant minds among us. Anything else would be crazy. There is not a worldwide conspiracy in science.

Total bullshit, spouted like an acolyte. People have shown you, over and over, with provable , well known examples, that the work is not merely flawed, but incredibly shoddy, underhanded, and politically motivated. Appealing to authorities like that just ain't gonna fly, Scooter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2018, 03:27:28 pm »
Climate scientists the world over have compiled their collective data and 97% have come to the conclusion that human emissions are impacting the climate.

Your mantra has already been debunked.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2018, 03:34:53 pm »
Ummmm, I did go to a big university.

I'm not trying to claim you didn't.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »
Going to school is irrelevant to the discussion

:thud:
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2018, 03:43:16 pm »
For some reason you have a very closed mind. 

I am very humble in the face of things I don't actually understand. I have learned not to overestimate myself. When it comes to the climate I have mostly closed my mind to the opinions of people that are not climate scientists because for the most part nobody knows better than they do. That includes my own opinions on the issue. I recognize that I simply don't know enough about it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:45:14 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2018, 03:53:07 pm »
I am very humble in the face of things I don't actually understand. I have learned not to overestimate myself. When it comes to the climate I have mostly closed my mind to the opinions of people that are not climate scientists because for the most part nobody knows better than they do. That includes my own opinions on the issue. I recognize that I simply don't know enough about it.

Humbly suggest you begin to consider possible ulterior motives of said scientists and other GW proponents as well. It's not hard to figure out - there is a great amount of money and political power at stake in what they're peddling to the masses.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2018, 03:53:18 pm »

If you are not willing to question authority, you.are.doomed.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »

I am not educated enough to question the authority we are discussing.
-Socrates

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2018, 04:33:21 pm »

@Dexter

I do not claim to be a research climatologist, meterologist nor an expert on this subject.  However, I declined an offer for a pHD in Environmental, and instead took the path of industry.  I have been involved in the environmental profession for over 40 years.

There are a number of very high profile weather experts who have been squashed by the AGW alarmist, who have countered with very compelling evidence of this being a scam.  One being Dr. Gray who "was" repeat was after being clamored out by the koolaid kooked envirowacko faction.  Dr. Gray is considered among the greatest authorities of hurricane predictions, and came out hard (with good evidence) against this bull shit.  After his position, he was considered a heretic, and ignored by the meteorlogical community.  And he is not the only one.

The next time some enviro-whacko screams climate change.....

(1) Ask them why the climate researchers didn't adjust readings to reflect closer proximity of reporting stations to "heat island" locations due to urban and suburban creep.
(2) Ask them why the hottest period in recorded history was in the 950-1050 a.d. era.  Were the Vikings over using their SUV's?
(3) Ask them why mysteriously the "buzz word" for this sham changed form Global Warming to Climate Change about 8 years ago.  Then do the research.
(4) The past 50 years have seem an unusually high amount of sunspots.  Some researchers are saying we are possibly getting ready to see unprecedented low activity upcoming that may rival the Maunder Minimum.  Finally, check the graphs of global temperature vs. Sunspot activity.  Golly Gee...could the sun be controlling our climate?  /s
(5) IN 2006 algore predicted that Manhattan and other major US cities would be inundated with sea water in 10 years. 2008 he predicted the polar ice cap would be permanently gone.  And the this is the leader of this garbage.  Chicken Little syndrome gone amok.

Dexter...    AGW is the biggest scam in the  history of the world. It is a carefully constructed ruse by the left for wealth distribution to poorer countries.  There have been some short term trends ( and yes 50 years is. short term) of a warmer climate, but man sure had little to do with it.  It is the course of normal climatic variation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2018, 04:35:52 pm »
Dexter...    AGW is the biggest scam in the  history of the world. It is a carefully constructed ruse by the left for wealth distribution to poorer countries.  There have been some short term trends ( and yes 50 years is. short term) of a warmer climate, but man sure had little to do with it.  It is the course of normal climatic variation.

The people that own right wing politicians are pushing for open borders that will lead to a one world government as well. I think the AGW issue is independent of the forces that are trying to screw Americans.
-Socrates

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2018, 04:39:53 pm »
The people that own right wing politicians are pushing for open borders that will lead to a one world government as well. I think the AGW issue is independent of the forces that are trying to screw Americans.

Wha.......?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2018, 04:50:18 pm »
I am not educated enough to question the authority we are discussing.

Nonsense. Your eyes are closed.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2018, 04:55:28 pm »
Wha.......?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a big part of the belief in an AGW conspiracy involves the left and academics trying to unify global powers through phony science, right? A one world government with the help of the U.N and their scientists. Am I completely off here?
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a big part of the belief in an AGW conspiracy involves the left and academics trying to unify global powers through phony science, right? A one world government with the help of the U.N and their scientists. Am I completely off here?

Global redistribution of wealth among countries... That much is true. Just read Kyoto and Paris.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2018, 05:06:08 pm »
Global redistribution of wealth among countries... That much is true. Just read Kyoto and Paris.

The "conservatives" are pushing for open borders and world unity as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:06:44 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2018, 05:07:09 pm »

I don't think it is as sinister as a One-World Government conspiracy.  I think it is more of a world wide left wing (Kyoto/Paris Accord pseudo-confederation) guilt trip, and a ploy for wealth re-distribution.

I also think that a HUGE amount of scientist and their minions who truly believe the data manipulation and lies.  And that is what is most dangerous about this whole situation. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2018, 05:08:44 pm »
The "conservatives" are trying to do that too.

No. The Republicans are. Do not conflate Republicans with Conservatism.
Conservatism by its nature holds the Constitution to be sacrosanct, and would never submit to any governing body other than those described in the Constitution.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2018, 05:09:26 pm »
The "conservatives" are pushing for open borders and world unity as well.

You keep saying that.  Can you list those "true" repeat "true" conservatives who are actually pushing that?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2018, 05:14:58 pm »
You keep saying that.  Can you list those "true" repeat "true" conservatives who are actually pushing that?

It doesn't matter if you're a real conservative when the people you vote for are not. The one world agenda is being pushed by business interests that own both sides. The scientists are not the bad guys.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2018, 05:16:04 pm »
And it IS as sinister as a one world government conspiracy. Get serious about fighting globalism or it's over.
-Socrates

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »
The scientists are not the bad guys.

So a scientist who fabricates bad data that has global consequences is not a bad guy?

Interesting.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2018, 05:25:26 pm »
And it IS as sinister as a one world government conspiracy. Get serious about fighting globalism or it's over.

One facet of that is AGW.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2018, 05:27:08 pm »
Ummmm, I did go to a big university.

Hah, I graduated from the largest university in the state. It is also now the largest university in the nation. I guess that doesn't count.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:20 pm »
It doesn't matter if you're a real conservative when the people you vote for are not. The one world agenda is being pushed by business interests that own both sides. The scientists are not the bad guys.

The hell they ain't. They are at the beck and call of whoever lets out the grants, be it government or corporate. Science proves what the grantors want it to prove. It is a whore anymore, and likely always has been.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2018, 05:29:14 pm »
Hah, I graduated from the largest university in the state. It is also now the largest university in the nation. I guess that doesn't count.

Yeah, well... It is Florida after all...  :shrug:

happy77 :beer: