Author Topic: More millennials are moving back home - and it's making everyone depressed:  (Read 35216 times)

Offline RoosGirl

I'm a nationalist that supports certain social programs. I don't believe in dictators and I don't want to murder anybody.

The bleep you don't.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

:shrug:

You're here advocating for the gov't to take from some to give to others.

Offline Dexter

You're here advocating for the gov't to take from some to give to others.

Your view that the government shouldn't take any of your money for the benefit of the nation is not compatible with the real world.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Your view that the government shouldn't take any of your money for the benefit of the nation is not compatible with the real world.

So you're saying the government knows what to do with my money better than I do?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

My view is that the gov't should use money to pay for the things spelled out in the COTUS the way it was written and intended.

Your "real world" is that your generation is too stressed to be able to take care of itself.

I prefer the path of most resistance.

Offline Dexter

So you're saying the government knows what to do with my money better than I do?

I'm saying that even if you're right it doesn't matter because it's never going to work that way. The government will always take money for what it sees as beneficial to the nation.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How else can it be done?

Put all the old people on ice-floes, and execute anybody who shows up at a Hospital for any reason.

I'm being silly there. 

I haven't given it much thought, and I'm a lowly retired R&D Technician.  Because I can't give you an alternative from thin air, how-do-you-do, doesn't mean government is the solution.  What we had before Obastardcare crashed the Insurance system seemed better to me than any government imposed system on its best day.  It was imperfect, yes, but it still beat the heck out of any government forced system out there today.

I'm not dong any more circle talking, and I think I've been around the pea patch a couple times already so if you don't offer anything new, I'm done for this thread.  Miller Time beckons anyway.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

I haven't given it much thought, and I'm a lowly retired R&D Technician.  Because I can't give you an alternative from thin air, how-do-you-do, doesn't mean government is the solution.

If making sure everybody has access is the objective then I don't see another solution. I'm open to suggestions.
-Socrates

Offline thackney

How else can we make college and healthcare affordable to ALL Americans? Even in a free market utopia there will be people missing vital opportunities due to lack of access.

Start with college.  It is insane to think everyone should go to college.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline RoosGirl

Start with college.  It is insane to think everyone should go to college.

Just shut up and pay for it, you selfish beast.

Offline Dexter

It is insane to think everyone should go to college.

Agreed.

It's also a tragedy when brilliant people choose to limit their educations based on the fact that it costs too much. It's a tragedy when any of our brilliant young minds are not getting the best education possible.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:38:08 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Agreed.

It's also a tragedy when brilliant people choose to limit their educations based on the fact that it costs too much.

Absolutely.   Like Bill Gates and Michael Dell.

Offline Dexter

Absolutely.   Like Bill Gates and Michael Dell.

Everybody should just be Bill Gates, huh?

Sorry but my IQ isn't 150+.

I'm not going to walk Einstein's path either.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:39:16 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If making sure everybody has access is the objective then I don't see another solution. I'm open to suggestions.
How about people be responsible for their own education and health, not the government, there are extremely few examples where government intervention made things better in the long run. There shouldn't be higher education, college, for all, some people are just to mentally/emotionally lacking to succeed, there are too many bullshit courses that add nothing to a persons ability to succeed in a job or society. College should be there for those who can meet the challenge, we used to have relatively inexpensive junior colleges for those that needed more preparation for four year colleges but now they are not cheap anymore and overflowing with idlers, and others that will never achieve a degree or go on to higher education. Some people, a lot, should have been counseled to take up a trade and be properly trained in it instead of being driven to enroll in college and rack up back breaking loans.

Free is never free, not really and I'm sure you know it, why should I bust my ass to pay for some moron to go to college to party? When I was college age you either managed to get a scholarship, or you worked a job on the days and times you weren't in class, you didn't expect anyone not even mommy government to pay your way. When I was sixteen I worked in a large dinner house and almost all the help was college aged working to pay their own way through college.

What we need to do is lean out the bullshit courses and teachers and cut the cost of college and make sure that we get the most qualified as students. That means not letting every unqualified idiot in just because of their color, or place of origin. If someone unqualified really wants to attend a four year college or university there should be available and they should be required to take remedial course to bring them up to the proper educational level for enrollment. For others trade schools which would be a far less expensive burden should be their educational path. There are so many unfilled trade jobs out there waiting and it doesn't cost a lot to get started. I took a trade class, HVAC, to give me more value in my job and it was a ROP program that was flexible in classes, cheap and placed all graduates in jobs at the apprentice level. What we have now is unskilled burger flippers demanding $15 dollars an hour, untrained and sometimes unskilled college grads that have racked up enormous student loan debts expecting to make unrealistic wages in fields where there are no jobs or demands.

You sound just like the democrats promising loan forgiveness and free college, healthcare and whatever else they can think of.

But irregardless we the taxpayer should not be on the hook for it.

Offline Dexter

some people are just to mentally/emotionally lacking to succeed

Those people should be identified and prevented from wasting more resources. We become the greatest in the world by identifying all of our most brilliant people and giving them plentiful opportunities to become educated so they can grow into the people that will make sure America stays on top forever.
-Socrates

Offline berdie

My view is that the gov't should use money to pay for the things spelled out in the COTUS the way it was written and intended.

Your "real world" is that your generation is too stressed to be able to take care of itself.

I prefer the path of most resistance.

There have been so many great posts on this thread. But I love this one and @musiclady 's.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Everybody should just be Bill Gates, huh?

Sorry but my IQ isn't 150+.

I'm not going to walk Einstein's path either.

Just pointing out the limitations of your original statement.

Offline goodwithagun

Those people should be identified and prevented from wasting more resources. We become the greatest in the world by identifying all of our most brilliant people and giving them plentiful opportunities to become educated so they can grow into the people that will make sure America stays on top forever.

Interesting concept. Others have tried that, you know.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

Interesting concept. Others have tried that, you know.

Giving people the bad news that they're not smart/disciplined enough for college is basically like the Holocaust, right?
-Socrates

Offline berdie

How do you identify these people and then when you do with them?

There are many, many instances of brilliant young people in this country that had enormously hard childhoods that had the will to overcome those obstacles. (Ben Carson immediately comes to mind.)

On a much smaller scale...I know several young people today that have taken advantage of the college courses available in high school and qualified for scholarships. They completed their college educations in three years, while working. with no huge debt and  useful degrees.

The government had no part in it...They did it. College isn't for everyone. A great living can be made in the trades...and it won't be outsourced.

Offline thackney

Agreed.

It's also a tragedy when brilliant people choose to limit their educations based on the fact that it costs too much. It's a tragedy when any of our brilliant young minds are not getting the best education possible.

Brilliant minds find their own path to success.  Their path and their success may not be recognized by you.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Dexter

How do you identify these people and then when you do with them?

Help them find growth opportunities more appropriate to their abilities.

There are many, many instances of brilliant young people in this country that had enormously hard childhoods that had the will to overcome those obstacles.

How many instances didn't turn out so good? How many of them could have been better? We are absolutely wasting brilliance in this country.

On a much smaller scale...I know several young people today that have taken advantage of the college courses available in high school and qualified for scholarships. They completed their college educations in three years, while working. with no huge debt and  useful degrees.

The government had no part in it...They did it. College isn't for everyone. A great living can be made in the trades...and it won't be outsourced.

My dad used to teach IB classes. The kids that excel in those classes are unreal. Some of them do nothing but study. There's a lot of really smart people that could never do that because that's an insane amount of discipline.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:21:38 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Giving people the bad news that they're not smart/disciplined enough for college is basically like the Holocaust, right?

No, government drones deciding what jobs people are going to do for life, or who gets rationed healthcare is basically like the Holocaust.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

You posted this yesterday:
Ask a bunch of 18 year olds slaving away in an extremely understaffed Walmart for 9 dollars an hour if they understand anything about woe and misery. All that hard work and a lot of them can't even afford a freaking car, let alone put money away for a house or retirement.

I responded yesterday:
There’s literally slavery existing right now, November 25, 2018. Real slavery. Forced labor, sex slavery, even upon children. Do not equivocate earning a legal wage doing legal work upon one’s free will as slavery. It’s disgusting.

My response now:
My analogy of the government deciding who is and is not worthy of resources is literally eugenics, a concept literally used in the Holocaust and even today for abortion. Your slavery analogy is the one that needs work, not my Holocaust and abortion analogy.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:28:51 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.