Author Topic: Breaking- Federal Judge orders WH to reinstate Acosta's Press Pass  (Read 8085 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Reference CNBC website via Drudge.....

Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass -

A federal judge on Friday grants CNN's request for a court order that would temporarily reinstate network correspondent Jim Acosta's White House press pass.

CNN's legal challenge comes in response to the Trump administration's decision last week to yank Acosta's "hard pass," which gave him access to the White House grounds, after Acosta clashed with the president at a news conference earlier that day.

CNN's lawsuit underscores Trump's increasingly hostile relationship with many mainstream media outlets, which he regularly decries as "fake news" and "the enemy of the people."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Re: Breaking- Federal Judge orders WH to reinstate Acosta's Press Pass
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:38:09 pm »
Ridiculous.

Does anyone know how the judge linked this to the First Amendment? I'd love to hear it.

BTW Trump appointed him.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:41:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:42:40 pm »
Although I'm not a fan of Trump, I would fully support his open defiance of this court order.
James 1:20

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 03:44:17 pm »
Not to worry. If necessary the WH will take this all the way to the Supremes. CNN will not prevail.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »
Ridiculous.

Does anyone know how the judge linked this to the First Amendment? I'd love to hear it.

Fully agree.

Easy fix though.  (1) Give him his pass (2) Give him his seat.  (3) Sanders/Trump never calls on him.  (4) When he gets loud and disruptive, have security remove him and take his pass (5) Make Acosta go through court to re-secure it.

(Repeat 1-5)
Rinse-spin-repeat
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 03:46:04 pm »
Just make sure he gets a seat in the back row and ignore him. That will burn him even more.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:46:14 pm »
“I’m not a fan of Trump...”  :silly:

Some signalers just can’t adapt.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:46:34 pm »
Shut down the whole WH press corp until CNN replaces Acosta.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 03:47:05 pm »
Fully agree.

Easy fix though.  (1) Give him his pass (2) Give him his seat.  (3) Sanders/Trump never calls on him.  (4) When he gets loud and disruptive, have security remove him and take his pass (5) Make Acosta go through court to re-secure it.

(Repeat 1-5)
Rinse-spin-repeat

According to Wiki (for what its worth) the judges order is temporary pending trial.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 03:48:31 pm »
According to Wiki (for what its worth) the judges order is temporary pending trial.

Even better.  Make Acosta and his attorney sit in an courtroom with his attorney 30 hours a week.  Forever.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 03:49:13 pm »
Quote from: article
The ruling from Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed by Trump, was the first victory for CNN in the ongoing case.

Only the best, I can't believe this idiot judge does not allow the president and his staff to revoke (spell?) whomever they please. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 03:54:23 pm »
Only the best, I can't believe this idiot judge does not allow the president and his staff to revoke (spell?) whomever they please.

Yes, if only the patriots who voted for Trump had listened to you, America would be a much better place. Yes, sarcasm.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 03:54:57 pm »
 ****slapping Absurd ruling.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 04:11:56 pm »
Let him in while this percolates through the courts.  But never let him have the mic.  If he just grabs it again, shut the mic off and declare the Presser over.  That screws the whole Press gallery.  There is more than one way to skin a cat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kidd

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:06 pm »
Let him in while this percolates through the courts.  But never let him have the mic.  If he just grabs it again, shut the mic off and declare the Presser over.  That screws the whole Press gallery.  There is more than one way to skin a cat.
I like this one.
This would turn the press against Acosta

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 04:40:52 pm »

Great ideas!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 04:40:59 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 04:44:29 pm »

Translated:

(1) You get your stinkin' pass back
(2) The Acosta rule will be written. (a) We will never call on your ass. (b) If you remotely disturb the presser, we'll haul your ass out.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:36 pm »
Shut down the whole WH press corp until CNN replaces Acosta.
Exactly. The daily presser is NOT mandatory, or under any jurisdiction. Sanders could simply call in sick, and say that she just didn't feel like it. There is no imperative to have one every day. They could easily just shut the whole thing down. Then what will the Judge order? Will he 'order' a press conference be held every day? Will he 'order' that they must call on Acosta? What would the Judge do then? Interesting question.

I think the Judge was just covering his butt. He knows he can make this so called 'order' and save himself a lot of pain and grief from the Left. He also knows that it is meaningless and that it will result in nothing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 04:49:35 pm »

Yes, if only the patriots who voted for Trump had listened to you, America would be a much better place. Yes, sarcasm.

You forgot to show your III tattoo and say ‘Murica!’

Hey, this sarc thing is fun.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 05:03:25 pm »
Although I'm not a fan of Trump, I would fully support his open defiance of this court order.

Yeah, I think this is the line in the sand.  Does the judiciary make the rules or interpret the rules.  Because if it is the latter, this ruling isn't legitimate.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
Yeah, I think this is the line in the sand.  Does the judiciary make the rules or interpret the rules.  Because if it is the latter, this ruling isn't legitimate.

Does this judge also realize the precedent and can of worms he's unleashed on society in general?

Disruptors now have more rights in venues, meetings, hearings, etc., than sane bystanders. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
Does this judge also realize the precedent and can of worms he's unleashed on society in general?

Disruptors now have more rights in venues, meetings, hearings, etc., than sane bystanders.

I don't know.  They seem so impressed with their power and infallibility that they don't have to think much.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 05:28:43 pm »
Ridiculous.

BTW Trump appointed him.
@skeeter

I think it was due to a case back in 1977 setting a precedent.

https://openjurist.org/569/f2d/124/sherrill-v-h-knight
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:39:26 pm by Elderberry »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 05:35:48 pm »
Fully agree.

(Repeat 1-5)
Rinse-spin-repeat

He could also do this 180 degrees different.
He could only call on Acosta, annoying the other members of the media, to the point that they police him themselves.

Wadya think?