Author Topic: Breaking- Federal Judge orders WH to reinstate Acosta's Press Pass  (Read 8080 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Breaking- Federal Judge orders WH to reinstate Acosta's Press Pass
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Helen Thomas stayed in the WH Press Pool way longer than she should have been allowed because she was Helen Thomas.

She wasn't writing for a wire service...she didn't have a daily byline in a newspaper or a magazine and IIRC she wasn't in syndication anywhere at the time the Bush WH told her to step aside.  She occupied the first chair in the room which meant she almost always got the chance to ask the first question in any presser...a spot that should have gone to a reporter with a regular beat.

She didn't deserve to be in the room anymore but everyone was scared to tell her.

She used to work for UPI, but I think that eventually collapsed after the Moonies takeover. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2018, 04:04:10 pm »

What is a 'bona fide' journalist? Journalists are not licensed in the US. If you act in the capacity of a journalist then you are one.

I remember an episode of Law & Order that dealt with exactly that subject. IIRC, it revolved around a biker bar where a college kid was killed over a jacket he shouldn't have been wearing. One of the potential witnesses, a self-described journalist who wrote in biker pubs, could not be forced to testify on what he found because it would damage his sources.

One would think that Acosta and Trump would be best buddies: they're both obnoxious, self-centered bullies. They use the same tactics and techniques to have attention focused on them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:07:23 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2018, 04:26:19 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Helen Thomas stayed in the WH Press Pool way longer than she should have been allowed because she was Helen Thomas.

She wasn't writing for a wire service...she didn't have a daily byline in a newspaper or a magazine and IIRC she wasn't in syndication anywhere at the time the Bush WH told her to step aside.  She occupied the first chair in the room which meant she almost always got the chance to ask the first question in any presser...a spot that should have gone to a reporter with a regular beat.

She didn't deserve to be in the room anymore but everyone was scared to tell her.

@txradioguy

I would maybe send her a note to tell her to hit the road,but I'm not sure I would have the guts to look into that face and tell her to hit the road in person.

That was one gawdawful ugly woman. Scare the rattles  off a rattlesnake as he tried to get quiet to escape.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:27:19 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2018, 05:25:35 pm »
@txradioguy

I would maybe send her a note to tell her to hit the road,but I'm not sure I would have the guts to look into that face and tell her to hit the road in person.

That was one gawdawful ugly woman. Scare the rattles  off a rattlesnake as he tried to get quiet to escape.

She definitely was a modern day Medusa minus the snakes in her hair.

Tony Snow was a much braver man than I to have to call her into his office and tell her she no longer had a pass.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!