Author Topic: Progressives unseated all 59 Republican judges up for re-election in Houston in the midterms  (Read 14855 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
To be a Conservative you can't just cut off one of the core pieces of the philosophy.

Christian values are not mandatory for economic conservatism.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Social issues are the soil which all else grows. When it is toxic you get toxic people that shoot up schools and destroy the very foundations of liberty in this country.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

And yet here you are willing to give up on Conservatives fighting for religious freedom for all...

I think for now the Republicans should at least give up the gay marriage issue and make it publicly known that they have done so. That is peanuts compared to immigration.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Christian values are what everything else this country stands for...even economics...was built on.

From the very founding of the nation Christian values have shaped America.

You can't just turn that off in the name of expediency.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think for now the Republicans should at least give up the gay marriage issue and make it publicly known that they have done so. That is peanuts compared to immigration.

So take the easy left instead of the hard right?

That's lazy and cowardly.  And in the end won't gain us one single vote.

Offline Dexter

in the end won't gain us one single vote.

I disagree.

These are dangerous times for conservatism. I feel like it's time to make difficult decisions.
-Socrates

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
You'll go down with the ship if you have to. I admire that but Christianity will come under a lot more fire if conservatives become less relevant in politics.

The Book tells us that we *will* come under fire, and that neither governments nor political philosophies will redeem us.

It might appear that we are going down with the ship, but that is a short-sighed illusion, confused by the merely apparent reality of here-and-now.  Eternity is a much longer game.

The Book also says that if salt should lose its saltiness, it is no longer good for anything.  If conservatives give up conservatism simply to win, what have we actually won?
James 1:20

Offline Dexter

The Book tells us that we *will* come under fire, and that neither governments nor political philosophies will redeem us.

It might appear that we are going down with the ship, but that is a short-sighed illusion, confused by the merely apparent reality of here-and-now.  Eternity is a much longer game.

The Book also says that if salt should lose its saltiness, it is no longer good for anything.  If conservatives give up conservatism simply to win, what have we actually won?

Our descendants will suffer a lot if we don't win this immigration fight. I don't know about eternity, but I do want to fight for the security of the people I leave behind.
-Socrates

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Our descendants will suffer a lot if we don't win this immigration fight. I don't know about eternity, but I do want to fight for the security of the people I leave behind.

As do I, but I am more concerned about their spiritual security than their economic or political security.  The latter conditions will pass, the former will endure.

And to that end, if you really don't know about eternity, please find someone you know and trust who might share The Word with you.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

??? If I am understanding your thoughts, tossing out Christianity and conservatism isn't going to win votes or elections. IMHO the very core of our society and upon which this country was founded is Christianity and Conservatism.  We have strayed from those very principles which made this country great.  In doing so we are witnessing moral decay and mass corruption and our Republic is crumbling.

Gay marriage is here and it was ruled on.  It is no longer an issue and certainly not something that we voted on.  Certainly any GOP candidate that campaigned on that issue didn't keep their promise to overturn the ruling, those that campaigned on complete repeal of Bammycare didn't keep their promise, those that claimed no amnesty and build a wall didn't keep that promise either.  They flat out LIED!! 

We in essence did vote on immigration.  Trump was elected because he promised to build the wall.  Where is it?  The Republicans had the majority in BOTH Houses and FAILED.  They also held the majority in BOTH Houses the last two years of Bammy's term and they did NOT stop his agenda in the least, they FAILED. 

The ballot box cannot work, when those running flat out lie and fail to keep their promises or do their jobs or side with the opposition.  Right now our electoral process has been compromised.

The last resort that we had was to call a Convention of States, but we fell short and it is now too late for it to be successful rather than a risk.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

??? If I am understanding your thoughts, tossing out Christianity and conservatism isn't going to win votes or elections. IMHO the very core of our society and upon which this country was founded is Christianity and Conservatism.  We have strayed from those very principles which made this country great.  In doing so we are witnessing moral decay and mass corruption and our Republic is crumbling.

Gay marriage is here and it was ruled on.  It is no longer an issue and certainly not something that we voted on.  Certainly any GOP candidate that campaigned on that issue didn't keep their promise to overturn the ruling, those that campaigned on complete repeal of Bammycare didn't keep their promise, those that claimed no amnesty and build a wall didn't keep that promise either.  They flat out LIED!! 

We in essence did vote on immigration.  Trump was elected because he promised to build the wall.  Where is it?  The Republicans had the majority in BOTH Houses and FAILED.  They also held the majority in BOTH Houses the last two years of Bammy's term and they did NOT stop his agenda in the least, they FAILED. 

The ballot box cannot work, when those running flat out lie and fail to keep their promises or do their jobs or side with the opposition.  Right now our electoral process has been compromised.

The last resort that we had was to call a Convention of States, but we fell short and it is now too late for it to be successful rather than a risk.

The other option is to just lose. I don't see how conservatives win this fight without a bit of a transformation.
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Houston, we have a problem".

"It's.... YOU."

Offline libertybele

The other option is to just lose. I don't see how conservatives win this fight without a bit of a transformation.

Transformation as in LBJ's Great Society? Bammy's health care plan?  Gay rights?  Abortion?  Mass migration? Sharia law in the school system? Gun rights? False accusations? Election rigging? Fake news? Religious freedom? Which liberal bandwagon do you think the GOP should jump on?

IMHO, the GOP lost the fight when they decided to compromise on their conservative principles in an attempt to get votes and appease the left.

You still see that the 'game' is still going on, I see it as the 'game' is over.  Barring an absolute astounding and complete miracle happening, we've lost.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

Transformation as in LBJ's Great Society? Bammy's health care plan?  Gay rights?  Abortion?  Mass migration? Sharia law in the school system? Gun rights? False accusations? Election rigging? Fake news? Religious freedom? Which liberal bandwagon do you think the GOP should jump on?

IMHO, the GOP lost the fight when they decided to compromise on their conservative principles in an attempt to get votes and appease the left.

You still see that the 'game' is still going on, I see it as the 'game' is over.  Barring an absolute astounding and complete miracle happening, we've lost.

The leftest always win when it is a choice between them and leftest lite. In 2016 "conservatives" gave populism a try. Populism never lasts long because it is fickle and rudderless.

Offline dfwgator

The leftest always win when it is a choice between them and leftest lite. In 2016 "conservatives" gave populism a try. Populism never lasts long because it is fickle and rudderless.

So what's the alternative,  who is this "White Knight" that is going to come and save us?

Offline DB

So what's the alternative,  who is this "White Knight" that is going to come and save us?

I don't know of any "White Knights" on the horizon. Nor do I think one "White Knight" can save us. The free shit crowd is now the majority and we squandered the opportunities we had to lead in a different direction. There's virtually no one in positions of power that is willing to say no to the free shit people. That includes Trump and congress printing money like there's no tomorrow. And once that takes root it expands until it consumes everything. I'm not aware of any country in history that started down this road and turned it around without hitting bottom (or worse) first. If anyone knows of some actual examples, enlighten me please.

Offline roamer_1

If the conservatives would cut off excess fat connected to religion and focus on just economic conservatism the left would get dominated. I know the religious element of American conservatism is very important to a lot of posters here, but every single issue being pushed by the religious right is a loser at the polls, and it gets worse every year.

Then all is lost already.
Yours is an immanently uninformed view.
Every single issue effecting these United States is a failure of morality. Every one.

Offline Frank Cannon

Every single issue effecting these United States is a failure of morality. Every one.

Does that include Ford using aluminum beds in their trucks?

Offline roamer_1

If you surrender your principles to "win", what have you won?

Trump is the manifestation of that issue.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

Offline roamer_1

Oh HELL Yes, they are.

You cannot have any sort of economic conservatism with a welfare state that costs more than we can bear.

And you will not get rid of that welfare state with single parent households, bastard children, and rampant drug abuse.

Offline roamer_1

I disagree.

These are dangerous times for conservatism. I feel like it's time to make difficult decisions.

The difficult thing is always to preach truth to those who don't want it.
And it is only the principles of Conservatism, ALL of them, that will heal this nation.

Offline roamer_1

Does that include Ford using aluminum beds in their trucks?

Of course.

Offline LegalAmerican

All VOTER FRAUD....nothing happened legitimately.   WE THE PEOPLE need to do something. 

WE ARE BEING OVERTAKEN, BY COMMUNISTS.  WE....SIT.

Offline Dexter

All VOTER FRAUD....nothing happened legitimately.   WE THE PEOPLE need to do something. 

WE ARE BEING OVERTAKEN, BY COMMUNISTS.  WE....SIT.

Do what? Optimizing the message for max appeal is the best the right can do unless you're advocating for revolution.
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

Do what? Optimizing the message for max appeal is the best the right can do unless you're advocating for revolution.

Optimizing the message for max appeal to whom and for when?  The mid terms are over, with recounts going on that continue to favor the DEMS.  What do you really expect is going to happen in 2020 since the DEMS have succeeded in election/ballot tampering?  Think for a minute.  Do you really think that the election will be a legitimate one??  The GOP can have an overwhelmingly majority of votes in every major city, but with the DEMS bringing in ballots that were marked after the polls closed and wanting recounts it's not going to matter if we win the election; the DEMS will find a way to overturn the election.  Remember also, that they wanted the electoral college changed after Trump won.  That's also in the realm of possibilities before 2020.

The GOP has held the majority for the past 4 years, 2 of those years during Bammy's reign.  Yet, they continued to dominate and rule; because of the tactics and maneuvering that they use...and they continue to get away with it.  No one is stopping them.  Trump is trying.

Revolting? Isn't that exactly what the left is doing?? They took to the streets after Trump won.  They went after him with fake news.  They conjured up claims of Russian collusion.  They have wrongfully accused GOP candidates with sexual misconduct.  They are bringing in ballots long since the polls closed.  They have organized mass protests throughout the country. The liberal courts have rejected Trump's e.o.'s , etc., etc.

A lot of what they are doing is just plain dirty politics, but some of what they are doing is illegal.  It is alarming that what they are doing illegally is being allowed by the liberal judges.  So ... the court system is failing to protect.

So ... how do we counter this??  They've stacked the courts.  They've corrupted the election process.  They're bringing in illegals to capture the liberal votes to overwhelm and outnumber a political party.  Bammy's "neighborhood organizational skills" have taken a stranglehold on our Republic.  Where do we go from here??