Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31522 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 07, 2018, 05:31:40 am »
He stated the belief, that a home seller should be able to refuse selling to homosexuals.

That of course pleases "ultra right religious types."  OTOH the US has had civil rights laws since the 1860s, and "fair housing" laws since the 1960s.

I believe the real estate industry withdrew their endorsement off him.

So if he loses, it will be for a bonehead political unforced error.

Did he really? LOL. Who the eff would say that running for office? House races are a trip. Everything is local.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #601 on: November 07, 2018, 05:33:28 am »
Oregon?  Am I missing a joke?  WA, right?

Yep. I was thinking about the OR gov race while typing that. Brown's not doing that well for being a big lib state.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #602 on: November 07, 2018, 05:33:55 am »
This thread needs more Kristi.....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #603 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:33 am »
Election Night Breaking News.......Roy Moore is still a loser......news at 11.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #604 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:46 am »
Bill Mitchell
‏Verified account @mitchellvii
5m5 minutes ago

My prediction was half right and thankfully, the important half.  This Democrat House won't get a damned thing past the HEAVILY REPUBLICAN SENATE.

Bill Mitchell
7m7 minutes ago

Hate to say it, but this is the price the Republican Congress pays for being semi-useless for 2 years and not funding Trump's wall.  I blame that jackass Ryan.  Good riddance.  Ride out the next 2 years, take it back in 2020 after America remembers what idiots Democrats are.

Bill Mitchell
14m14 minutes ago

Democrats suck.  And now, for the next two years, they get to remind everyone exactly how much.\

Mostly true, but it isn't just Ryan.  The President didn't play his hand.  He didn't make the deal.  So busy with one scandal or the other.  Signing the spending bills............ 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #605 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:26 am »
He didn't get immigration done.  And it will not get done now.  There is one caravan after another coming. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #606 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:33 am »
Apparently there are 9 precincts in Palm Beach County that are still on the "chad" system and having a hell of a time trying to figure out who won the Senate seat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2018, 05:39:54 am »
Mostly true, but it isn't just Ryan.  The President didn't play his hand.  He didn't make the deal.  So busy with one scandal or the other.  Signing the spending bills............

Well for better or for worse, it's now totally Trump's party.  The RINOs have been purged.  We'll see where it goes.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #608 on: November 07, 2018, 05:40:32 am »
In entertainment news, the Left is melting down over the Beto Beatdown. Taking it as hard as Trump winning.....

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/07/twitter-randos-literally-shaking-beto-loss/

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #609 on: November 07, 2018, 05:41:28 am »
OHMIGOSH!   :silly:

KS-2 looks like the Republicans will hold.  The Dems had a fight for the nomination, with party leaders picking one candidate (Paul Davis) and the other Dem candidate (Kelly Standley) then ran as an Libertarian.  Well, he drew off 5.5% of the vote, likely handing the election to the GOP!   :happyhappy:

99% Reporting

Steve Watkins  REP   123,245   48.1%
Paul Davis     DEM   119,999   46.5%
Kelly Standley LIB    14,323    5.5%

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #610 on: November 07, 2018, 05:41:42 am »
In entertainment news, the Left is melting down over the Beto Beatdown. Taking it as hard as Trump winning.....

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/07/twitter-randos-literally-shaking-beto-loss/

I think we'll find that the Rats winning the House will in the end be a "Pyrrhic Victory" for them.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #611 on: November 07, 2018, 05:42:43 am »
Not so fast on Dino in WA. He was up pretty good with a big chunk of the vote counted. Now it's suddenly flipped to his opponent.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #612 on: November 07, 2018, 05:43:15 am »
He didn't get immigration done.  And it will not get done now.  There is one caravan after another coming.

The President already has this covered .... come in off the ledge.

« Reply #613 on: November 07, 2018, 05:44:30 am »
I think we'll find that the Rats winning the House will in the end be a "Pyrrhic Victory" for them.

Well, they'll be facing a President unrestrained.  He no longer has to play "nice" with House leadership.   happy77

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #614 on: November 07, 2018, 05:45:49 am »

Especially when they figure out they flipped a bunch of these seats running people talking like GOPers to win. Those folks are going to have to deliver to keep their seats. Going full Pelosi ain't going to cut it.

« Reply #615 on: November 07, 2018, 05:46:38 am »
Especially when they figure out they flipped a bunch of these seats running people talking like GOPers to win. Those folks are going to have to deliver to keep their seats. Going full Pelosi ain't going to cut it.

Good point.  888high58888

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #616 on: November 07, 2018, 05:47:13 am »
Congrats to Dino Rossi in Oregon for finally getting a W for federal office.

Dino Rossi is running for Congress in Washington.  Race is getting much closer than it was earlier. 

https://www.dinorossi.com/

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #617 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:13 am »
Dino Rossi is running for Congress in Washington.  Race is getting much closer than it was earlier. 

https://www.dinorossi.com/

Yeah, he's behind 53-47 with 64% reporting.

If he loses, that will be a flipped seat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:50:25 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #618 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:33 am »
The President already has this covered .... come in off the ledge.

He has razor wire.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #619 on: November 07, 2018, 05:50:47 am »
Yeah, he's behind 53-47 with 64% reporting.

Yep.  Not out of reach.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #620 on: November 07, 2018, 05:53:00 am »
Looks like King holds IA-4 in a scare.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #621 on: November 07, 2018, 05:53:55 am »
NATHANIEL RAKICH    12:44 AM
We have another Democratic trifecta in Maine. Democrat Janet Mills has defeated Republican Shawn Moody for governor, and Democrats have flipped the state Senate. (They already had control of the state House.)
+++++++++

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #622 on: November 07, 2018, 05:54:58 am »

OHMIGOSH!   :silly:

KS-2 looks like the Republicans will hold.  The Dems had a fight for the nomination, with party leaders picking one candidate (Paul Davis) and the other Dem candidate (Kelly Standley) then ran as an Libertarian.  Well, he drew off 5.5% of the vote, likely handing the election to the GOP!   :happyhappy:

99% Reporting

Steve Watkins  REP   123,245   48.1%
Paul Davis     DEM   119,999   46.5%
Kelly Standley LIB    14,323    5.5%

888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #623 on: November 07, 2018, 05:55:06 am »
Looks like Kansas, Michigan, and Wisconsin will all have Democrat governors.
+++++++++

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #624 on: November 07, 2018, 05:55:48 am »
Looks like King holds IA-4 in a scare.

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with my state. Went full red last time, now playing footsie with the Dems little gang of con artists, and elected a couple of them.
The Republic is lost.