Author Topic: Cheerleaders must be dropped from sport (POSTED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY)  (Read 11035 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-cheerleaders-must-be-dropped-from-sport-11541345

by Hannah Thomas-Peter

This is about more than an individual's right to choose employment, it is about big business accepting a moral duty to change the devastating perception that women are only valuable because of the way they look, and that their bodies are to be bought and sold by those with the power to do so. Formula One and the Professional Darts Corporation seem to have realised that. It is time for all other sports to follow suit. If they don't, it is time for the sponsors of sport and, yes, broadcasters as well, to demand it.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Jealous much, Hannah?

The last I looked, every woman in cheerleading is doing it voluntarily.  Hannah Thomas-Peter (hyphen, it figures), who purportedly stands up for "women's rights," would deny women the opportunity to leverage their good health and looks into a livelihood.

Offline goatprairie

Unless people, like the hag who wrote the article, can show where attractive young women are being forced to be cheerleaders,  they are nothing but petty fascists trying to tell people what they can and cannot watch and enjoy.
If there were no attractive female cheerleaders performing at the games I watch, it would not affect me one bit since I attend few games in person. I watch my sports almost entirely on tv.
But if fans also want to watch (gag) males in scanty outfits cheerleading, that is their prerogative as well.
However, I can't stand femi-nazis, many of whom probably never watch sporting events,  telling people what they can and cannot watch. 

Offline dfwgator

Rush was right when he said that "Feminism was created so as to give unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jealous much, Hannah?

The last I looked, every woman in cheerleading is doing it voluntarily.  Hannah Thomas-Peter (hyphen, it figures), who purportedly stands up for "women's rights," would deny women the opportunity to leverage their good health and looks into a livelihood.

Jealous?  Naahhhh...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Jealous?  Naahhhh...

fascist...not jealous.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Jealous much, Hannah?

The Jacksonville cheerleaders are about the only reason to watch their games this season. And I say this as a Jags fan from the beginning!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline goatprairie

I think it would be a fair thing to say that most femi-nazis like Thomas-Peter would, if they could, ban all attractive women from appearing in sexually provocative clothing for any event. The "male gaze" and all the other male testerone-laced nastiness that men inflict on women...at least according to the femi-nazis.
In a weird way, many femi-nazis are too different from the Islamic nutjobs who make their women dress in burkas or similar heavy clothing to obscure their figures.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Feminists are only in favor of other women having the right to choose if they happen to choose what the feminists prefer.  If other women would prefer a different choice, they want men to remove that option.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Women are dangerous. They have that certain something which we all want. But don't let them fool you. Women are smart, and they know exactly what they are doing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

Women are dangerous. They have that certain something which we all want. But don't let them fool you. Women are smart, and they know exactly what they are doing.

Some women are smart, but certainly not the ones who aspire to be "professional" cheerleaders.

They're practically the only people in a football stadium who haven't got a clue about what's going on in the game.

I'm all for letting them "choose" to be what they are, but what they are is stupid.

(I don't even think most of them get paid well.  There was a book that came out about the Buffalo Bill's cheerleaders and they got treated like less than dirt).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
So women are dangerous, smart and know exactly what they're doing.
Perhaps they're all secret agents of some celestial power, in disguise???
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:15:49 pm by Absalom »

Offline mirraflake

Some women are smart, but certainly not the ones who aspire to be "professional" cheerleaders.
They're practically the only people in a football stadium who haven't got a clue about what's going on in the game.

I'm all for letting them "choose" to be what they are, but what they are is stupid.

Most "professional" cheerleaders have college degrees with a very high rate having Masters degrees as most are ex college cheeleaders.  No one is really a "proffessional" cheerleaders as most positions do not pay any wages or just minium wage. They all have full time jobs off the field. 

They do it  out of love of cheerleading. They are far from stupid

Fox news babe Emily Compango is a La Raiders cheerleading babe and has  law degree.

@musiclady
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:21:26 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They do it  out of love of cheerleading.

@mirraflake

That probably pisses this Hannah Two-Names off more than anything else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mirraflake

@mirraflake

That probably pisses this Hannah Two-Names off more than anything else.

And a poster here.

@Cyber Liberty

Offline Absalom

Most "professional" cheerleaders have college degrees with a very high rate having Masters degrees as most are ex college cheeleaders.  No one is really a "proffessional" cheerleaders as most positions do not pay any wages or just minium wage. They all have full time jobs off the field. 

They do it  out of love of cheerleading. They are far from stupid

Fox news babe Emily Compango is a La Raiders cheerleading babe and has  law degree.

@musiclady
-----------------------------
So a college degree is a mark of achievement? Who knew?
Plato, Aristotle, Archimedes, Euclid, Sophocles, Pericles; to name
a few, were self taught and w/o college degrees, the poor things.
Lord have mercy, how did they manage to survive and thrive?
Reality intervenes; degrees are a modernist fad and little more
than a credential having nothing to do w/achievement or wisdom.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

(I don't even think most of them get paid well.  There was a book that came out about the Buffalo Bill's cheerleaders and they got treated like less than dirt).

Interesting.  I've only known one (NFL).  She was quite intelligent (and conservative), and had a pretty good grasp on the game (she and her husband used to attend college games with the same group I did).

But then that was just one.  You obviously know many to be qualified to make such a sweeping statement.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

Is that you, Hannah?

Offline mirraflake

Is that you, Hannah?

Green eye jealousy is my take.

@RoosGirl

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think it would be a fair thing to say that most femi-nazis like Thomas-Peter would, if they could, ban all attractive women from appearing in sexually provocative clothing for any event. The "male gaze" and all the other male testerone-laced nastiness that men inflict on women...at least according to the femi-nazis.
In a weird way, many femi-nazis are too different from the Islamic nutjobs who make their women dress in burkas or similar heavy clothing to obscure their figures.
So now the retinal reception of reflected light resulting in feelings of well....well being... is a crime against femininity? What, we can only look at the ugly ones, or should they all wear burkas? No wonder the idiots on the Left are in with the Muzzies.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Is that you, Hannah?

Hannah............... as in Samuel's mother???  :laugh:

Nope.

Read the book about the Buffalo Bill cheerleaders, though.

btw, I don't mind standing alone in opposing "professional" cheerleaders/bimbos, but the rest of you, do carry on.......
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:14:02 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I seriously doubt they are there for a long term career, but rather to gain exposure (if you will pardon the term) to people who are well heeled and successful, for the same purpose and reason as those who were students in college who were there to seek their "Mrs. Degree".

The assumption that because they are attractive, athletic, and pursuing a short term career as a high profile cheerleader means they are stupid reeks of the sort of prejudice that those who have looks and athletic ability of any sort are precluded from having a brain as well.

While that may often be the case, I think you paint with too broad a brush.  Or haven't you heard the expressions "Not just another pretty face!" or "All this and looks, too!" ?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Green eye jealousy is my take.

@RoosGirl

That's the funniest thing I've ever read.

You continue to be clueless, @mirraflake.

But don't let me stop you in your fantasies........ they're most likely all you have.  I've got the real thing.  :tongue2:

Offline musiclady

I seriously doubt they are there for a long term career, but rather to gain exposure (if you will pardon the term) to people who are well heeled and successful, for the same purpose and reason as those who were students in college who were there to seek their "Mrs. Degree".

The assumption that because they are attractive, athletic, and pursuing a short term career as a high profile cheerleader means they are stupid reeks of the sort of prejudice that those who have looks and athletic ability of any sort are precluded from having a brain as well.

While that may often be the case, I think you paint with too broad a brush.  Or haven't you heard the expressions "Not just another pretty face!" or "All this and looks, too!" ?

I don't mind standing alone here.

If they want to present themselves as nothing more than a package of meat, they are free to do so.

I happen to believe that every woman is worth more than being ogled at.

But again, I know I stand alone here on this subject and will be ridiculed for my stance, and I don't mind that one bit.

This is, after all, a forum where ideas are to be discussed, and I just happen to have an idea that isn't popular with the fellas.

No biggie.