Author Topic: Cheerleaders must be dropped from sport (POSTED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY)  (Read 11033 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just had to come back to address this dimwitted insult once again, @mirraflake , lest you think yourself clever....

I have been in a loving, passionate marriage to a man who adores me and thinks I'm gorgeous for 42 years.

Why in heaven's name would I be jealous of a silicone implanted female because she has slobbering men ogling over her?

That would be really stupid................... and I'm not.

Seeya!  :seeya:

@musiclady

Uh,huh.

I believe you.

Honest!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"They have that certain something which we all want."

I know exactly what you mean. My wife has the keys to the basement, and she only lets me upstairs once a day. I wish I could figure out how to get those keys away from her.
Oh, you didn't mean something else, did you?
You weren't using 'basement' as a 'euphemism', were you? :pondering:

Offline goatprairie

You weren't using 'basement' as a 'euphemism', were you? :pondering:
I mean cellar, dungeon, floor underneath the ground floor. It gets dark down there, and the gruel is not very tasty. And she cut back on  salt for the gruel.
Oh well, there are bugs and spiders to supplement the gruel.l

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I mean cellar, dungeon, floor underneath the ground floor. It gets dark down there, and the gruel is not very tasty. And she cut back on  salt for the gruel.
Oh well, there are bugs and spiders to supplement the gruel.l
I've been down there myself so often over the last 42 years that I thought what you were describing was normal.

Silver Pines

Women are dangerous. They have that certain something which we all want. But don't let them fool you. Women are smart, and they know exactly what they are doing.

@240B

AHEM

Silver Pines

-----------------------------
So a college degree is a mark of achievement? Who knew?
Plato, Aristotle, Archimedes, Euclid, Sophocles, Pericles; to name
a few, were self taught and w/o college degrees, the poor things.
Lord have mercy, how did they manage to survive and thrive?
Reality intervenes; degrees are a modernist fad and little more
than a credential having nothing to do w/achievement or wisdom.

@Absalom

Tell a chemist or a physician or a NASA scientist that his degree is just a "modernist fad" and he can teach himself.

I'm a big fan of the trades; a person can make a LOT of money as a mechanic, plumber, etc.  But dismissal of college degrees out of hand is silly.

Also, things are a little more advanced now than in the days of the ancient Greeks, wouldn't you say?

Silver Pines

Green eye jealousy is my take.

@RoosGirl

@mirraflake

I get so tired of hearing that every time a woman objects to something another woman is doing.  For some guys, it's the default response.

Look, I happen to have a different view than @musiclady on this.  I don't have a problem with professional cheerleaders.  But she does, and to assume it's appearance-based is silly when you've never seen her at all.

Online corbe

This Thread needs more Cheerleaders.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

The cheerleaders from my  HS 38+ years ago were all National Honor Society and all went on to college. 

Do you even know the strict and grueling regiment  HS cheerleaders today need to do to be accepted? Most are either gymnastics or dance students or both from age 5  and  have trained thousands of hours.  Most are at the top of the class academically.

@musiclady

@mirraflake

A friend of mine has a daughter who cheers, and she's had two concussions from falling off the top of the heap. I get wanting to do dramatic stuff, but some of it?  I don't know, seems it could be scaled back a little.

Offline musiclady

@mirraflake

I get so tired of hearing that every time a woman objects to something another woman is doing.  For some guys, it's the default response.

Look, I happen to have a different view than @musiclady on this.  I don't have a problem with professional cheerleaders.  But she does, and to assume it's appearance-based is silly when you've never seen her at all.

I tell you, @CatherineofAragon , there are people around here who cannot deal with differences of opinion.

They assume nefarious motives (especially for women) because basically, there are too many who just can't handle secure women.

I usually let it roll off my back, because I'm VERY secure in what I look like and who I am, but on this thread, the multiple number of insecure males made me scurry away.

I still believe that women who make themselves sex objects deliberately (i.e. cheerleading, pole dancing, stripping) have very low opinions of their true worth, and to do so is not smart.  But I do understand that there are both males and females who disagree with that view, and as I said multiple times upthread, I am FINE with having an opinion on this that others don't share.

I do appreciate that @Smokin Joe  was able to discuss the issue and strongly disagree without the stupid cracks that I'm somehow jealous about something that I would never want in a million years............ to be ogled by beer drinking, wife-beater wearing, pot bellied men every Sunday afternoon!  I'm more of a watch the game, you idiots, kind of female.  wink777

Thanks for the support, though.  I wasn't planning on coming back to it, but what you say is always worthwhile, disagree, or not.  The only reason I posted on this thread in the first place was to express a different, and very conservative view, and maybe help a few people think differently.

(btw, I'm glad SOME people can think for themselves and allow others to have differing opinions without mockery, around here! So thanks again!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

I tell you, @CatherineofAragon , there are people around here who cannot deal with differences of opinion.

They assume nefarious motives (especially for women) because basically, there are too many who just can't handle secure women.

I usually let it roll off my back, because I'm VERY secure in what I look like and who I am, but on this thread, the multiple number of insecure males made me scurry away.

I still believe that women who make themselves sex objects deliberately (i.e. cheerleading, pole dancing, stripping) have very low opinions of their true worth, and to do so is not smart.  But I do understand that there are both males and females who disagree with that view, and as I said multiple times upthread, I am FINE with having an opinion on this that others don't share.

I do appreciate that @Smokin Joe  was able to discuss the issue and strongly disagree without the stupid cracks that I'm somehow jealous about something that I would never want in a million years............ to be ogled by beer drinking, wife-beater wearing, pot bellied men every Sunday afternoon!  I'm more of a watch the game, you idiots, kind of female.  wink777

Thanks for the support, though.  I wasn't planning on coming back to it, but what you say is always worthwhile, disagree, or not.  The only reason I posted on this thread in the first place was to express a different, and very conservative view, and maybe help a few people think differently.

(btw, I'm glad SOME people can think for themselves and allow others to have differing opinions without mockery, around here! So thanks again!)

@musiclady

You're welcome.  Don't run away, though.  I'm sitting here eating turkey pepperoni, drinking diet Mt. Dew, and enjoying the thread.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was getting into this thread, then I realize I can't stand football, and I don't even know there the stadium is where they perform.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

@Absalom

Tell a chemist or a physician or a NASA scientist that his degree is just a "modernist fad" and he can teach himself.

I'm a big fan of the trades; a person can make a LOT of money as a mechanic, plumber, etc.  But dismissal of college degrees out of hand is silly.

Also, things are a little more advanced now than in the days of the ancient Greeks, wouldn't you say?

There have been quite a few self taught inventors and engineers that have changed the world all without a degree from a college. Those who can do. It doesn't take college to open the door to thinking and applying it. I was promoted to senior design engineer at a large microwave telecommunications company in the Silicon Valley in my early twenties and went on to start my own satellite communications company in my later twenties - about 30 years ago... I hold more than one patent in complex technology. Never took a single college or community college class... You can go way beyond the trades without a degree if you have the ability to learn, drive and the know how to apply it.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

You're welcome.  Don't run away, though.  I'm sitting here eating turkey pepperoni, drinking diet Mt. Dew, and enjoying the thread.

@CatherineofAragon

Diet Mt. Dew ain't half bad.  They have it where I get my hair done, and the hairdresser will buy me some once in a while.

I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper fan, though.

My drink of choice.  (After a good Riesling.  happy77)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

There have been quite a few self taught inventors and engineers that have changed the world all without a degree from a college. Those who can do. It doesn't take college to open the door to thinking and applying it. I was promoted to senior design engineer at a large microwave telecommunications company in the Silicon Valley in my early twenties and went on to start my own satellite communications company in my later twenties - about 30 years ago... I hold more than one patent in complex technology. Never took a single college or community college class... You can go way beyond the trades without a degree if you have the ability to learn, drive and the know how to apply it.

@DB

Well, with all respect, I don't know how many self-taught engineers there are in the modern world.  And I can say with confidence there are no self-taught surgeons, etc.

As for the trades, I don't think they need to be "gone beyond", necessarily.  They require drive, as well.  The mechanic who works on our cars owns his business and is rolling in money.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Diet Mt. Dew ain't half bad.  They have it where I get my hair done, and the hairdresser will buy me some once in a while.

I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper fan, though.

My drink of choice.  (After a good Riesling.  happy77)

@musiclady

My husband is a DP man.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I wonder how all the people here would feel if it was standard for cheerleaders to be men. A bunch of young, good looking, fit guys dancing around in tight clothing. Girls gawking at them and hollering etc.  :pondering:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DB

@DB

Well, with all respect, I don't know how many self-taught engineers there are in the modern world.  And I can say with confidence there are no self-taught surgeons, etc.

As for the trades, I don't think they need to be "gone beyond", necessarily.  They require drive, as well.  The mechanic who works on our cars owns his business and is rolling in money.

I do. I've hired both degreed and non degreed electrical and software engineers over the years. In civil engineering and the medical fields you have to be licensed which requires a degree. So if you want to do those things you have to go through the required process to make the gate keepers happy.

And as far as the "modern world" goes, do Bill Gates and Paul Allen ring any bells? They wrote the first BASIC for an IBM PC. How about Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak? Neither had a degree when they started Apple and designed and built the first Apple computer. How about the founder of Dell Computer, Micheal Dell? He designed Dell's first computers. No degree. Ever hear of Larry Ellison the founder of Oracle? I could go on...

The list is actually pretty darn long if you look.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@musiclady

My husband is a DP man.

@CatherineofAragon

Uhhhh,there are times when it is not a good idea to abbreviate. That was one of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RoosGirl

I wonder how all the people here would feel if it was standard for cheerleaders to be men. A bunch of young, good looking, fit guys dancing around in tight clothing. Girls gawking at them and hollering etc.  :pondering:

Now we're talking!

Offline RoosGirl

@CatherineofAragon

Uhhhh,there are times when it is not a good idea to abbreviate. That was one of them.

LOL!

Not that I know what DP would be other Dr. Pepper, mind you.

Offline goatprairie

"Girls gawking at them and hollering etc."

You mean like when my elderly aunts get together and go downtown?  No young stud is safe with them around.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I have been in a loving, passionate marriage to a man who adores me and thinks I'm gorgeous for 42 years.

Why in heaven's name would I be jealous of a silicone implanted female because she has slobbering men ogling over her?

Because you don't tell us what *you* see when you look in the mirror.  @musiclady

Online Right_in_Virginia

Men have their own challenges @Dexter  Women ignore looks if the bank account is large enough. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@sneakypete

I’ll be damned if I know what DP stands for, besides the soft drink.  But I need to know anyway, so spill.