Author Topic: Paul Ryan shoots down Trump's birthright citizenship plans  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Paul Ryan shoots down Trump's birthright citizenship plans
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2018, 02:20:30 am »
You obviously haven't lived in or near one of these areas.

Thanks for calling me a racist.

That brings the conversation to an end. Probably permanently.

That does seem to be the go-to when they don't have a good argument.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2018, 02:57:43 am »
That does seem to be the go-to when they don't have a good argument.

That's exactly how a racist would respond. If you would have skipped the hyphen you would also be a bigot.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2018, 03:01:41 am »
That's exactly how a racist would respond. If you would have skipped the hyphen you would also be a bigot.

Thank goodness I remembered the hyphen.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2018, 03:03:57 am »
Thank goodness I remembered the hyphen.

I'd respond to that but I only circulate with sexists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2018, 03:49:23 am »
Thanks for calling me a racist.

I didn't call you a racist.  Your words are racist.  Did you mean leprous parasites in a good way?  It is not my fault you revealed the depth of your character.  Stop writing racist crap and I'll stop pointing at it. 

That brings the conversation to an end. Probably permanently.

Great.  You haven't said anything worth quoting, and I mean that in a good way.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2018, 03:53:13 am »
I'd respond to that but I only circulate with sexists.

Clearly she's as sexist as you are.  You think she's using that whip on men *and* women?  I highly doubt it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2018, 04:13:06 am »
You missed the point; the intent of those Latinos on New Years Eve was get us to move so that they could have our seats by being rude and trying to overpower us with their numbers.  That is not assimilating, that is flat out thinking that they are entitled!

How do you know?  Did you talk to them?  What did they say?  You are angry because you didn't understand what other people were saying.  I get your point.  I get it a lot.

As for 'owning' a Muslim ... what a twist of words and misconstruing my point.  The point I was trying to make was that he has made an effort to assimilate.

I clearly did misunderstand.  You say he is Muslim but it almost sounds like you're also saying he's not part of ISIS?  Is that possible after he saw your triggering telephone screen saver.  Are you positive he didn't participate in some kind of terrorist activity after?  Cut the head off an American pet like my hampster?

By the way, anytime you want to open your door and allow a couple of people from the caravan mobs into your home, you are more than welcome to do so.  The good news for them, you won't be expecting them to assimilate, and they know to expect that you will hand them everything that they want and need at no cost.  Hopefully for you they won't overstay their welcome.

Do they cook?

Sorry, but those who don't want to assimilate and fail to assimilate have no intention of becoming an American.  If they don't want to be an American, then they have absolutely no business being here.  It's as simple as that.   :patriot:

Some people are allowed to come to America as refugees and if a judge agrees they get in.  Simple as that.  The judge is not impressed by the simplicity of your opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2018, 07:49:18 am »
So you are saying that I should ignore or excuse racism when I see it?   Is that what you are saying Trumps message?   May God help us if it is.

@Jazzhead

Racism IS a serious problem in this country,and it is only made worse by people like you who refuse to recognize that it is mostly white people that are discriminated against these days.
Hell,thanks to various Affirmative Action programs,discrimination against whites is even codified into our laws.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:40 pm »
   [The 14th amendment] will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person.[2]...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_M._Howard

If they have broken the law to be here they aren't really here.  Not legally.  How can they be subject to jurisdiction?  They are subject to the jurisdiction of their lawful country.

Instead of rushing them into a cushy hospital room to pop their baby out they should be sent to prison for delivery.  And we pay for those births too.
The only possible interpretation that makes sense of the 14th Amendment is that Howard inserted the words 'subject to the jurisdiction of the United States' instead of the word 'illegal' as it was well understood that to be the case.

Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to insert those words.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2018, 04:01:39 pm »
The only possible interpretation that makes sense of the 14th Amendment is that Howard inserted the words 'subject to the jurisdiction of the United States' instead of the word 'illegal' as it was well understood that to be the case.

Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to insert those words.

Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that some people aren't looking to make sense of it but instead to facilitate a cultural, demographic and political change.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2018, 04:05:22 pm »
@Jazzhead

Racism IS a serious problem in this country,and it is only made worse by people like you who refuse to recognize that it is mostly white people that are discriminated against these days.

:silly: :silly:

Yeah, I face discrimination every G-damn day.    *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2018, 04:12:27 pm »
My husband had a Mexican barber for years.  The guy told him that the first thing he told his sons was that they could never succeed unless they learned English.  They did both, succeed and learn English.  I had a yard guy I really liked  Wonderful guy.  His English was okay, not great.  His little boys spoke perfect English but his wife spoke only Spanish.

That's how it is - with Hispanics and immigrants of all stripes.    The value of mastering English doesn't need to be legislated - it is apparent to anyone who seeks to rise economically in the United States of America.    First generation sticks to its language and its ethnic enclaves.   Second generation assimilates and soars.    My father in law,  who's still going strong at 90, still mostly speaks Spanish and his English is so thickly accented that I've mastered the art of eye contact and nodding.  But all eight of his kids went to school,  all are successful professionals and great English-speaking Americans.

This trope that Hispanics uniquely can't or won't assimilate is the same bullshit we've heard for two centuries now with immigrant groups.    Dare I call it racism?  Heaven forbid!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2018, 04:21:32 pm »
:silly: :silly:

Yeah, I face discrimination every G-damn day.    *****rollingeyes*****

@Jazzhead

Don't blame ME if you have your head stuffed so far up your ass you can't see what's happening outside.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2018, 05:44:34 pm »
I am finding it very hard to believe a nation, the US, the UK, Italy, Sweden, etc. ought to be obligated to allow entry to an unlimited, unregulated supply of poor and barely educated entrants.

The left would have us believe we have a moral obligation.

So would Usual Suspects, on sites claiming to be "conservative." decline.

I find it very hard, to accept a version whereby the Constitution is the Suicide Pact, forcing further decliine.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2018, 06:06:21 pm »
I am finding it very hard to believe a nation, the US, the UK, Italy, Sweden, etc. ought to be obligated to allow entry to an unlimited, unregulated supply of poor and barely educated entrants.

The left would have us believe we have a moral obligation.

So would Usual Suspects, on sites claiming to be "conservative." decline.

I find it very hard, to accept a version whereby the Constitution is the Suicide Pact, forcing further decliine.

No one is disputing the authority of a sovereign nation to control its own borders and determine who may lawfully immigrate.   The issue is decades of neglect and failure to both police the borders and deal with the millions who have already crossed over illegally and disappeared into the vast gray economy.   

We wouldn't be having a discussion about birthright citizenship if we weren't so neglectful as to accept and tolerate 12 million or so illegals,  a percentage of whom will, inevitably, give birth to automatic citizens.   Birthright citizenship was never a problem until we made it one with slipshod enforcement of our immigration laws.   Those we've allowed to enter our nation legally, and who later give birth to new citizens,  aren't the problem.   It's the babies born of illegals that are raising concerns - but whose fault is that other than ourselves?   

Birthright citizenship enshrined in the Constitution is not a "suicide pact".   It's only a problem so long as we allow our threshold problem with illegal entrants to persist.  Solve the threshold problem, and the issue of birthright citizenship becomes moot.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:07:35 pm by Jazzhead »

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »
Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that some people aren't looking to make sense of it but instead to facilitate a cultural, demographic and political change.
Great way to have a steady income if one practices immigration law, eh?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2018, 09:13:18 pm »
No one is disputing the authority of a sovereign nation to control its own borders and determine who may lawfully immigrate.  T
Eh, you have not been paying attention to the UN. @Jazzhead
United Nations: Trump Must Allow Caravan Migrants into America
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338334.msg1832639.html#msg1832639