Author Topic: Donald Trump Thunders at Media for Trying to Smear His Supporters after Bomb Scares  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump Thunders at Media for Trying to Smear His Supporters after Bomb Scares
Breitbart, Oct 26, 2018, Charlie Spierling

[...]

Trump condemned political violence and called for an end to the politics of personal destruction, especially from the media.

“Political violence must never ever be allowed in America and I’ll do everything in my power to stop it,” he said. “The media has a major role to play, whether they want to or not.”

The president paused as his supporters continued to chant “CNN SUCKS!”

“They have a major role to play as far as tone, as far as everything,” Trump said. “The media’s constant unfair coverage, deep hostility, and negative attacks only serve to drive people apart and to undermine healthy debate.”

Trump recalled that Republicans did not use the aftermath of the Steve Scalise shooting by a left-wing radical to score political points.  “We did not use that heinous attempt at mass murder for political gain, because that would have been the wrong thing to do,” he said.

Trump was fiercely defensive of his supporters, reminding them of the media’s tone against them.

“The media has tried to attack the incredible Americans who support our movement to give power back to the people,” Trump said. “Our supporters are some of the most honest, wonderful, principled, hard-working, patriotic people on the face of God’s earth.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/26/donald-trump-thunders-at-media-for-trying-to-smear-his-supporters-after-bomb-scares/

Offline dfwgator

Did they try to smear all Democrats after the GOP Softball Game shooting?

Did they try to smear all Democrats after the GOP Softball Game shooting?

If the "they" are forum chatters and opinion writers, the answer is "yes".

The point of this is when, if ever, has a Republican President so defended his supporters as "some of the most honest, wonderful, principled, hard-working, patriotic people on the face of God’s earth.”

This full, unvarnished support from the President delivered up close and personal should help some confused people understand why there is such a strong bond between the President and his supporters.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:37:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If the "they" are forum chatters and opinion writers, the answer is "yes".

The point of this is when, if ever, has a Republican President so defended his supporters as "some of the most honest, wonderful, principled, hard-working, patriotic people on the face of God’s earth.”

This full, unvarnished support from the President delivered up close and personal should help some confused people understand why there is such a strong bond between the President and his supporters.

I get it, and I'm glad the President is refusing to back down to incredible pressure.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

The unfortunate part is being able to go back to video of his campaign rallies where he's telling his supporters he'll pay their lawyers' fees if they are violent towards protestors inside the rallies.  Puts a bit of a tarnish on what he says.

I get it, and I'm glad the President is refusing to back down to incredible pressure.

I know you do @Emjay  happy77

Offline Frank Cannon

The unfortunate part is being able to go back to video of his campaign rallies where he's telling his supporters he'll pay their lawyers' fees if they are violent towards protestors inside the rallies.  Puts a bit of a tarnish on what he says.

Psst. Let me let you in on a little secret..........TRUMP IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RoosGirl

Psst. Let me let you in on a little secret..........TRUMP IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I alluded to that last night and got called stupid.  I can't win with you ATs.

Offline Frank Cannon

You know, I alluded to that last night and got called stupid.  I can't win with you ATs.

Who called you that? I'll have my man in Broward send them a "package".

Offline RoosGirl

Who called you that? I'll have my man in Broward send them a "package".

Your buddy @ArneFufkin

Offline Frank Cannon

Your buddy @ArneFufkin

Consider it done. It may take a little longer than usual. I've come to understand he is a little jammed up right now.

Offline RoosGirl

Consider it done. It may take a little longer than usual. I've come to understand he is a little jammed up right now.

Hate when that happens, but you know a real slumlord would be able to take care of these things himself.  I'm beginning to wonder if you are who you say you are.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That is it. I am going to start a GoFu$$Me page.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

That is it. I am going to start a GoFu$$Me page.

Just admit it, you're using this as an excuse to do something you've wanted to for a while now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Just admit it, you're using this as an excuse to do something you've wanted to for a while now.

Admission isn't free...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jpsb

He only did that once, LOL, he learned his lesson.

Offline RoosGirl

He only did that once, LOL, he learned his lesson.

He's an idiot for doing it at all and allowing himself to delegitimize his own words.  He's right now, but it makes it real difficult to defend him.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He's an idiot for doing it at all and allowing himself to delegitimize his own words.  He's right now, but it makes it real difficult to defend him.

That is the entire point. Defend your self. You say you are able. I would like to believe that. So I do.

I like you enough that when TSHTF, I would wend my way to you. Identify this word. Sanctify.

Offline RoosGirl

That is the entire point. Defend your self. You say you are able. I would like to believe that. So I do.

I like you enough that when TSHTF, I would wend my way to you. Identify this word. Sanctify.

Oh no, I'm not good at words.

Offline corbe

It's you Never's that are screwing everything up. 
   There's so much here to be accomplished.
   If only you people would just voluntarily go out to the cornfield for at least 6 more years.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

It's you Never's that are screwing everything up. 
   There's so much here to be accomplished.
   If only you people would just voluntarily go out to the cornfield for at least 6 more years.

No choice but to go to the cornfield since no one will do anything about the stupid ethanol mandates.

Offline corbe

I've come to the logical conclusion that in life, I'd rather be an undesirable than a Deplorable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oh no, I'm not good at words.

Prolly worthless at a threesome. I mean double entendre.

Offline RoosGirl

Prolly worthless at a threesome. I mean double entendre.

Nah, I'm more of an Uno player.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer