Author Topic: Texas voters casting early ballots claim voting machines are switching their ballot choices  (Read 683 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Texas voters casting early ballots claim voting machines are switching their ballot choices

Voters casting their ballots early in Texas claimed this week that when casting Democratic or Republican straight-ticket ballots, voting machines in at least 80 counties in the Lone Star State flipped their votes to the other party in key midterm races, including the high-profile competition between incumbent Sen. Ted Cruz and his Democratic opponent Beto O'Rourke.

The Texas secretary of state's office on Friday said that there have been issues reported with Hart eSlate voting machines, which are used in approximately 30 percent of counties statewide. The machines feature a wheel for selecting candidates and buttons to move from screen to screen.

But the secretary of state's office said the issues were not caused by the voting machines, but by voters themselves.

"The Hart eSlate machines are not malfunctioning, the problems being reported are a result of user error — usually voters hitting a button or using the selection wheel before the screen is finished rendering," said Sam Taylor, spokesman for the office of Secretary of State Rolando Pablos.

The Houston Chronicle reported that Democratic voters claimed the machines indicated that they were about to cast a vote for Cruz, when they originally intended to choose O'Rourke. Several people said they were able to get help from employees at polling places in order to change their vote back...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/some-texans-say-voting-machines-are-changing-their-straight-ticket-choices-to-other-party-in-key-races
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sounds rigged.  Are they new machines?  Sounds like results could be easily legally challenged.  If so many people are having trouble it is not user error.  It is faulty equipment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Clear politics has quit reporting House race changes.  They were reporting daily and now they are stuck on Oct 23.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map_race_changes.html

Is that because voting has started?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Anecdotal, I know, but I checked my votes before I hit submit and it was fine.  You can't check it after you have submitted it.

Offline LadyLiberty

I had no problem, either.  These machines have been used for many years but they are a bit awkward to operate.

Offline dfwgator

Sounds rigged.  Are they new machines?  Sounds like results could be easily legally challenged.  If so many people are having trouble it is not user error.  It is faulty equipment.

Media is planting these stories to cast doubt on the results because they believe it’s not going the way they want it to go.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I voted straight R ticket on a Hart eSlate machine and checked every position on the ticket as I scrolled down to the end to vote on the propositions at the end. In every case a Republican was selected except one where there was not a Republican to vote for.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I had no problem, either.  These machines have been used for many years but they are a bit awkward to operate.

That was my question.  Whether the machines were new.  Then I do believe it is liberals trying to cast doubt on a lawful election.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
We had the new touch screen machine and I damn well checked my ballot before I submitted it. It was correct.
Principles matter. Words matter.

BassWrangler

We hear this every election. Check your votes.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Media is planting these stories to cast doubt on the results because they believe it’s not going the way they want it to go.
Democrats do this every election cycle. We've been hearing it ever since they started rolling out the electronic ballots in 2004.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024